test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Improvements to Loadouts

huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
Loadouts is nice; but we really need loadouts that include gears skills specs and traits, especially considering specializations cannot be changed on certain maps. Ground loadouts are also completely nonexistent. Neverwinter is a great example of how loadouts should function.

Thanks
3GIYBa2.jpg?1
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Loadouts need fixing before improvements. Not one single one of my loadouts work anymore.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Neverwinter only has ground, last time I checked.

Which means the STO program has to recognize the differences between a Ground loadout and a Space loadout. Which means another list for it to keep straight.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I have never seen the need to switch loadouts in ground combat. Yes, I might occasionally do a ground STF where I want different gear than what I normally use, but not often enough that taking an extra 15 seconds or so switching gear is a bother.

Of course I very rarely ever change my ship loadout either, unless I decide to switch to a different ship, which doesn't happen very often.

Not that I'm against the idea at all. I am sure a large number of players run a lot of ground STFs regularly, and the gear you just used on Nukara definitely isn't what you want if you immediately go for BoS or something like that, or if you q'd for both so you need to quickly gear for whichever popped first, so I can see how some would find it extremely useful.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Honestly Loadouts are not fit for purpose unless they include specialization selection and trait selection, which they currently do not.

Its a shame, I would love to switch ships more often but going from an EPG build to an Energy Build is just too much bother most of the time, while switching from one EPG build to another EPG build, or from one Energy to another energy pretty much plays the same, so mostly pointless.

But hey if cryptic ever bring loadouts up to par I will buy some more loadout slots. The loadout slots I bought when the loadout system released have gone completely unused thanks to bugs, but I will buy more to support the system if cryptic will just make it workable.
  • Options
    dustyhayesdustyhayes Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Personally, I would love for the devs to implement the option to turn off loadouts. I switch ships and (this is just me) I don't use loadouts. But it constantly asks me to save or not save and then creates new loadouts on ships, regardless what I choose. I can't delete them. Nor can I turn them off. I don't use them. I agree with pottsey5g: they definitely need fixes before improvements. I know people use them and have multiple loadouts depending on the situation they're going into. I'm not suggesting that loadouts be removed from the game. But for those of us that don't use them, an option to disable would be a nice little quality of life addition to the loadout system.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    A Ground Loadout option would be nice to have. Means I would be able to use something a little more specialized towards the enemy I'm facing. But the whole Loadouts execution ingame needs repairs and needs to remain permanently repaired, as well as workable, before we go adding yet another list for the servers to store and the game to track correctly.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.