test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointed buyer and 200 lobi wasted as the item doesn't do as it says on the tin

ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
I just purchased the Zambean Outfit from the Lobi store and it quite clearly states in the description of the item that it can be used on Bridge Officers.
How peeved am I after spending 200 lobi on this item to find actually no you can't use it on Bridge Officers because either there's a bug or when adding the item to the game someone didn't code it in to unlock for Bridge Officers :(
2nd time I've purchased a Lobi items to find the costumes aren't unlocked on Bridge Officers. Nearly half the Tzenkethi Armor pieces are missing for BO's if you purchase this set.
What do you guys think my chances are of asking support to roll back that transaction due to misleading/miss-sold text ?
maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Step 1: Transfer toon to Tribble server
    Step 2: Spend Lobi there.
    Step 3: No buyer's remorse if items suck since you didn't spend your 'real 'Lobi.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Step 3: No buyer's remorse if items suck since you didn't spend your 'real 'Lobi.

Its not a case item sucks, its a case the items usability doesn't match what it says on the tin.
    It clearly states in the lobi stores description that the Zambean Outfit can be used on Bridge Officers. I'm not going to patch Tribble to check if it does unlock on my BO's if they are selling the item with that in the description.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    :( Sorry to hear this :(

I found a similar thing with my Romulan, who I bought the Temporal Jumpsuits for. Most of her crew, no problem, but one, a Federation Alien Male tactical boff, the tailor won't give the options to load said jumpsuit :( Not a huge problem, but a somewhat disappointing one.

What you have, really isn't buyer's remorse ;) Buyer's remorse, is when the buyer decides they aren't really into the purchased thing through no fault of its (the purchased thing) own. What you have, is a clear case of an incorrect description at point of sale (illegal in some countries, even with regards to digital content) and being quite rightly disappointed that it doesn't function as described. Probably accidental on Cryptic's part, rather than deliberately misleading, but, incorrect none the less, and they really should take steps to resolve the situation for you... I've always found Support to be attentive and helpful with things, so best of luck, and fingers crossed for you :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I would definitely open a ticket with support.

If the description says it works with Bridge Officers and it doesn't.. then they should fix it, or refund you.

While this is a good idea for sure, I just want to point out what a sad state of affairs it is when it's the responsibility of the player to install the full tribble build and log into another server just to test to make sure items do what they say they do in the description.

When it comes to Cryptic, the burden is on the customer to make sure items work before you buy them.. that's just not how it should be.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Thanks guys i've filed a ticket even if i don't get the lobi back, acknowledgment of the issue and hope of fix or even correcting of the text would be nice.
    maR4zDV.jpg

• ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Yup, I have a similar issue with the 23rd Centrury Experimental EV suit (The one featured in Undiscovered Country). With all other EV suits you can equip them and enable visuals without activating the suit, but with this expensive lobi store suit, the visuals only come on if you activate the suit. There is no option to enable visuals. Since this, I will not be buying another Lobi store item of clothing, I'll just save it till they sort this out.
    Post edited by ironmako on
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I've always found Support to be attentive and helpful with things, so best of luck, and fingers crossed for you :sunglasses:

Yeah, best of luck indeed. If that goes the same way as when the Tzenkethi armor visuals bug was reported, expect it NOT to be fixed at all :(
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Descriptions of the arbitrary restrictions on clothing are often incomplete, inaccurate and/or outdated.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I could be mistaken OP but did u try out all selections for your boffs? I mean tight, loose and such. Could also be the “skirt” is not classified as such at all.

I use the outfit on my boffs on a KDF side Rom toon to give them a roman appearance. It should work for u too.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    I could be mistaken OP but did u try out all selections for your boffs? I mean tight, loose and such. Could also be the “skirt” is not classified as such at all.

I use the outfit on my boffs on a KDF side Rom toon to give them a roman appearance. It should work for u too.

Yes I did try all options. I even tried saving the uniform on the main character and then tried use the saved uniform to put my boff's in both were female Caitians. No joy
    maR4zDV.jpg

edited December 2017

Yes I did try all options. I even tried saving the uniform on the main character and then tried use the saved uniform to put my boff's in both were female Caitians. No joy

Yea it’s disappointing to be sure. Uhm… would the outfit work on non catian bridge officers, have you tried out that? Just can’t get why my romulan boffs can all wear it. :/
    animated.gif

Yea it’s disappointing to be sure. Uhm… would the outfit work on non catian bridge officers, have you tried out that? Just can’t get why my romulan boffs can all wear it. :/

I'll give it ago when i come home from work. Maybe its a cat thing
    maR4zDV.jpg

I'll give it ago when i come home from work. Maybe its a cat thing

Yea ok, would not be the first time such stuff bugs out on specific species. The terran empire oddy outfit for example still removes the entire torso on Starfleet Klingons. :(
    animated.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    The zambean robes don't work on any bridge officers. It's own category is players only and the only other cat it shows up is Off-Duty (under Robes) which is similarly players-only.

You can, however, use the zambean hood on boffs. Which is the best part of the outfit anyway.

EDIT: Correction, it does show up in Uniform (under Jacket Loose), but only for male boffs.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    warpangel wrote: »
    The zambean robes don't work on any bridge officers. It's own category is players only and the only other cat it shows up is Off-Duty (under Robes) which is similarly players-only.

You can, however, use the zambean hood on boffs. Which is the best part of the outfit anyway.

EDIT: Correction, it does show up in Uniform (under Jacket Loose), but only for male boffs.

Yep... Tailor option consistency was apparently buried on Risa, along with the Tox Uthat :(
    Post edited by ashstorm1 on
    No joy getting it to work just waiting on support now to see what assistance they can give
    maR4zDV.jpg

• chasequinnellchasequinnell Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Sounds to me like an error on the part of Cryptic. Just submit a support ticket and they'll either fix the bug or they may reimburse you if it's not actually intended for BOff-wear
    ussredeemer02_sig.png
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Just submit a support ticket and they'll either fix the bug or they may reimburse you if it's not actually intended for BOff-wear

I wouldn't hold my breath for either.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    edited December 2017
    Well my Customer Support journey has now reached its conclusion.

I asked them for 3 resolutions to the Zambean Outfit issue I reported

Q. I asked for a Lobi refund.
    A. We cannot offer a Lobi refund as after testing the outfit we found it can be used on BOFF's.

This is a half truth as the outfit can only be used on Male BOFF's not Female ones something the items description does not distinguish between BOFF genders.

Q. I asked for the item to be removed from the character I opened it on and to be repackaged for transfer to an alt.
    A. They cannot remove the item from said character and place it back into my inventory.

Q. I asked them to feedback/report and get the offending item description changed as it is incorrect.
    A. we will be mentioning the slight discrepancies to our development team for investigation.

I shall have to see if this is just standard customer service lip service or an actual intention to do so.

Oh well I guess that's just modern day business where the rules of acquisition must be adhered to

Rule 1. Once you have their money, you never give it back.

Rule 17. A contract is a contract is a contract... but only between Ferengi.

Rule 239. Never be afraid to mislabel a product.

Do I feel ripped off/cheated/conned ? No ! not really, Thankfully no real money was lost as it was refined dilithium-Zen-Master Keys-Open Lock Boxes to obtain Lobi.

I'm just a little disappointed that a reported problem with a mislabeled product hasn't been satisfactory resolved with confidence.

I think I will be skipping for the foreseeable future on Lobi purchases as the same character I purchased the Tzenkethi Set on cannot use the full outfit on BOFF's either. Male or Female

maR4zDV.jpg

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that :( What I find most disturbing and disappointing, is actually Q3: As far as I'm aware, digital content has to be accurately described. Even if they couldn't reimburse you or transfer the item, they should have at least been able to say "We've passed that on to the dev team, and they will be correcting the description as soon as possible during an update." I guess the Rules of Acquisition trump sales requirements :hushed:

"Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > repetitiveepic wrote: »
    >
    > Sounds like they were very responsive to me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Says the ferengi...
    >
    > Yeah I have personally had nothing but bad experience with support...enough so that I basically assume this game doesn't have any.

Whereas I personally have never had even a slightly negative experience with support.
    Likewise... There have been times when they(and the dev team) haven't been capable of helping, but as a point of contact, they've always been helpful, and I never got the impression that they didn't really care either way about an outcome, but wanted things to be right :sunglasses: