test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for a trait/ability. can't find it.

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
edited December 2017 in The Academy
I'm building a max drain build for a caitian atrox for fun. I have it to base 700 drainx.

skillplanner.stoacademy.com/ce9c6dfba5a3db9e76c17570dbe9b392

I'm going to boost it farther by adding inspirational leader for +10-30 and another ability I can't find. It gives +1 or +2 for max ten stacks every 1 or 2 second in some condition. I think when I saw it one description said +1 and whne clicking in farther it said +2 for max of 20 all skills just like how inspirational leader but in 10 stacks.

It's not the miracle worker bonus(although I would love to get that.) it's possibly a starship trait personal space trait or some skill I can't find. It's also not K-13 boffs. I can't find it anywhere but was looking at it the other day for something.

Does anyone know what it is I'm referring too?

BTW, this means you can get 800+ drain on miracle worker. +50 Miracle worker, +30 inspirational leader, +20 this skills. My above build already includes K-13 boffs.

Comments

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    I'm building a max drain build for a caitian atrox for fun. I have it to base 700 drainx.

skillplanner.stoacademy.com/ce9c6dfba5a3db9e76c17570dbe9b392

I'm going to boost it farther by adding inspirational leader for +10-30 and another ability I can't find. It gives +1 or +2 for max ten stacks every 1 or 2 second in some condition. I think when I saw it one description said +1 and whne clicking in farther it said +2 for max of 20 all skills just like how inspirational leader but in 10 stacks.

It's not the miracle worker bonus(although I would love to get that.) it's possibly a starship trait personal space trait or some skill I can't find. It's also not K-13 boffs. I can't find it anywhere but was looking at it the other day for something.

Does anyone know what it is I'm referring too?

BTW, this means you can get 800+ drain on miracle worker. +50 Miracle worker, +30 inspirational leader, +20 this skills. My above build already includes K-13 boffs.

What about this? https://sto.gamepedia.com/Krieger_Wave_Disruptor_Beam_Array

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    K-13 Duty Officer? Those have a chance to give +2 every Skill when hitting a certain rank of BOff ability.
  • Options
    It could be the duty officers!

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tesva_P%27siv

That is what I was looking for. This leads me to something I was wondering when I found it before. How do you proc all 20 points? If you can only ahve 1 fabricator engineer it doesn't seem possible. Or can you have 1 of each rarity in this case? Can you normally have 1 of each rarity? Did I miss a rule like that? Can you have one of each named on or something in a space set?

NVM, I partially noticed. It's research lab and fabricator. So you can do 4 total.. Anyone do this and maintain max proc for long or have any advice on maximizing it?

I'm assuming you normally get ships with 5 or 6 stations and you pick whichever gets the most and put it to 15 second abilities. Does it proc well? I guess a caitian atrox is a bad choice for this.

And they really need to put back procs per hit instead of volley so those kriegers are useful. They could always cap it at 1 or 2 per minute or per 30 seconds or something. But it voids nice combos with beams fireing 5 shots and increasing proc chance for non cannon users.. They have really gutted some of the combat in this game. Not to mention the dynamics I"m assuming of using cannon skills like rapid fire. Half the things in the game lost their purpose. It's not like there is no way to balance around it.

It's not like it was OP, 8 full beams side striking with BFAW only get 100% combined chance to trigger in 5 seconds... It made the game what it was. There is no such thing as a phaser shutting down stats anymore. That was 75% or more of combat combos. The games combat is literally completely busted without procs per hit. Do they not understand how much they removed by changing that?

Procs used to actually make this game fun. What are they thinking?

If the problem was damage getting out of control why not implement something like diminishing returns on proc damage(or specific procs) to promote potential build diversity. All you get then, if done right, are more fun builds and diversity.

This game is technically broken without procs per hit. Unless the change they proc percentage drastically which may or may not be as fun from randomness.
  • Options
    You can have multiple of the same type and rarity, I've personally done two of the same rarity and profession. I've not seen any indication you're limited beyond the 3 equip limit for Fabrication Engineers and Research Lab Scientists. I've not verified, but it looks like you could run up to 6 (3 each Fabrication Engineers and Research Lab Scientists) of the same rarity if you desired.

I only derped about with a pair of greens, so it didn't proc very often, even with spamming abilities, but purples should be much better.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I was reading the fabrication eng on the wiki. It says 1 of each. Is that incorrect? Are you certain you install 3 on your stuff? If so, 6 instead of 4 that would be very interesting.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I'll poke at things after next patch, I may have been wrong about the Fab. Engs.

If you want to try, you could hedge your bets if you have a crafting char, or one that could use the DOffs for regular DOffing anyway.
  • Options
    It let me slot multiple K-13 Fabrication Engineers in the test I just conducted. I only tried two purple due to accidentally buying a Research Lab Scientist instead, but if it lets you use two, three should work fine.

It looks like the 1 equip limit is only certain variants of the Fabrication Engineers, as I'm fairly sure things like RSP variant only let you have one in use at a time.