test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does gravity well adjust to stat changes now?

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
Does gravity well damage and stats change with your ships or does it require you proc everything before using it. And on top of this how does it work with the skill for after grav wells? Does it scale with you ships changing stats or does it only take the stats when the previous grav well had or does it 0 out to base stats?

I think along time ago I knew you had to proc first and it would carry the stats from when you activate it. I'm not sure if this is true anymore. I thought they changed this but I'm uncertain.

What do you need to know for grav well and other skills now. And I think if there is variation the should add a categorization for type of sci skills like this if it doesn't exist already to say what way it works and to keep people updated. It should probably be in the skill or power description or more.

Answers

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    So Gravity Well is both a Control and an Exotic Damage ability..

The Damage for Gravity well Scales with points in Exotic Particle Generator Skill and Aux power. If you want more damage,add more points or a console that is + Exotic damage %

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Exotic_Particle_Generator

The Size of the Gravity Well and its Pull Scales on points in Control Expertise. @ 400 Control Expertise the Gravity Well (something like 12km Radius w/ GW3) wont get any bigger but should see an increase in its pull. The Size of the gravity well (based on your control points) is shown in the abilities tool tip

There is also a wiki for that page as well and a Tool tip towards the bottom with what you can expect ant up to 500 EPG and Control. You could see higher numbers if your adding +EPG % Consoles located in the "modifiers" section of the EPG page

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Gravity_Well

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    My question is does it scale live with it. Or does it stick with the stats you have when you cast it. From what I used to hear along time ago when you cast it it used the stats you had and kept those stats for the 20 seconds and did not change with your stats. So you have to get all your stats up then cast grav well or similar skills. I'm uncertain if they changed this.

Examples:
    Does not scale:
    1. If I cast grav well with 300 epg the damage will be based on 300 epg for 20 seconds of it's existance. If I proc for increased skills after casting it will not effect the gravity well's damage output.
    Scales:
    2. If I case grav well with 300epg and then add +100 epg skills from the gravity well will do more damage from bonuses applied after casting gravity well.

It's what happens after you cast it that I'm uncertain of. Unless I understood what this was years ago when this was supposedly a thing.

There are advantages and disadvantages to this. If it scales and I proc a lot I can get those procs up whenever I want. The downside is if this is the case it only last as long as the proc. If a 10 second proc buffs grav well and it scales it only applies for 10 seconds. If it doesn't scale it technically applies for 20 seconds and possibly during aftershock gravity wells. But you then need to proc everything times out to max grav well for it's duration. Convenience vs effectiveness potentially.

Basically, does it fluxuate with your stats after casting or is it a set value from the time of casting. I think they used to say there was a technical problem with getting it to adjust live with your changing stats after casting. I'm uncertain if this changed.
  • Options
    aftulus wrote: »
    My question is does it scale live with it. Or does it stick with the stats you have when you cast it. From what I used to hear along time ago when you cast it it used the stats you had and kept those stats for the 20 seconds and did not change with your stats. So you have to get all your stats up then cast grav well or similar skills. I'm uncertain if they changed this.

Examples:
    Does not scale:
    1. If I cast grav well with 300 epg the damage will be based on 300 epg for 20 seconds of it's existance. If I proc for increased skills after casting it will not effect the gravity well's damage output.
    Scales:
    2. If I case grav well with 300epg and then add +100 epg skills from the gravity well will do more damage from bonuses applied after casting gravity well.

It's what happens after you cast it that I'm uncertain of. Unless I understood what this was years ago when this was supposedly a thing.

There are advantages and disadvantages to this. If it scales and I proc a lot I can get those procs up whenever I want. The downside is if this is the case it only last as long as the proc. If a 10 second proc buffs grav well and it scales it only applies for 10 seconds. If it doesn't scale it technically applies for 20 seconds and possibly during aftershock gravity wells. But you then need to proc everything times out to max grav well for it's duration. Convenience vs effectiveness potentially.

Basically, does it fluxuate with your stats after casting or is it a set value from the time of casting. I think they used to say there was a technical problem with getting it to adjust live with your changing stats after casting. I'm uncertain if this changed.

Alright..I musta missed something..What "Proc" are you talking about..

if your talking QSM...Quantum Singlarity Manipulation isnt a Proc but is +100 to Science Stats..Personally Im using things to debuff my enemies over an inconsistent skill boost.

Pretty sure it scales.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    It looks like (in a nutshell) what the OP is asking is whether or not the damage of GW is equal each tick and set when the ability is cast, or if the pull and damage vary according to any stat changes the caster undergoes during the lifespan of the anomaly.

The secondary question in the original post is whether or not aftershock gravity wells inherit the strength of their effects from whatever your stats were when the parent anomaly was cast, or if they do some sort of recalculation.
  • Options
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    It looks like (in a nutshell) what the OP is asking is whether or not the damage of GW is equal each tick and set when the ability is cast, or if the pull and damage vary according to any stat changes the caster undergoes during the lifespan of the anomaly.

The secondary question in the original post is whether or not aftershock gravity wells inherit the strength of their effects from whatever your stats were when the parent anomaly was cast, or if they do some sort of recalculation.

So in my 'minor testing'...
    Gravity Well Damage it Directly based on Aux and EPG..If I hit..Aux2Bat after I cast my GW3,the Per tick damage will drop from 1400ish to 400 until my aux power rebuilds...The Anomaly Radius remains the same.Adding QSM does change the radius (if im not at 400 control) and damage but only for the length of QSM.

In my parsing with Tykens aftershock,Photonic Aftershock Doff, Gravity well Doff.....These dont not have the same strength the Boff abilities have and are far weaker. The Gravity well doff will only spawn a GW 1 level gravity well Even when you are using GW3.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.