test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Dreadnaught build

rhyusssrhyusss Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Hey all,

So, I just got this ship and it wasn't easy. Spent a lot to open about 100 lockboxes to get this ship. Not sure if it was the best choice from the Lobi store or not, but I like the ship. (If there was a better one, please let me know and I'll pick it up the next time I get 900 lobis.) I'm a tactical officer and I've been playing since beta. I have had a LOT of absent time from the game, so, it is possible I do not have certain items, or, I might, I just can't say until I'm questioned about it.

Ok, so, I'm looking to find out what kind of build I should make for this ship. I don't really have any favorite type or style of weapons and I can remake my bridge officers to get the skills needed to run it effectively. I do have access to a LOT of universal consoles and if I need to, I can build or re-engineer most items. I have not maxed my research trees in Shields, Kits and Science, yet, but working on them. I don't really have access to fleet stuff, even though I'm in a fleet, but my fleet has been inactive for a long time and our holdings are fairly low. I do have access to all level 5 reputation equipment.

So, what I'd like to see is weapons, consoles, shields, deflectors, impulse, warp, hanger pet and bridge officer skills. Give me a main choice and one or two secondary choices in case I can't get the main choice.

Thank you.

Comments

• casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    You need to balance your survivability and damage sustenance.

Iconian 3 piece or Nukara 2 piece with Maco shield (now stacks with plasmonic leech)
    As weapons of choice if you wanna follow the meta cookie cutters, you can use disruptors on a Vengeance.
    3 Piece Nausicaan Set (Energy Torp, Nausicaan Beam, Sci console with +disruptor dmg) - and a hefty 3 piece bonus
    Terran reputation disruptor beam array (Reputation)
    Disruptors (fleet inevitably) or exchange expense with some [acc] [crtd]x2 [pen] disruptor beams (UR) as the cheapest option - or other combination of crtdx2 dmg pen, crtd dmgx2 pen, crtdx3 pen, dmgx3 pen. But that's just gonna cost you more.
    Consider using the Assimilated - Omega 2 piece set (consisting in the Assimilated Module and Kinetic Cutting Beam).
    Plasmonic leech is also nerfed, but still worth using.
    The rest of consoles are focusing on boosting your crtd and crth - Tachyokinetic converter, Temporal Disentanglement Suite.
    On the bridge officer side, you'll go on the two lieutenant commander slots as tacticals (SRO), the temporal slot will be science, along with the sci and engineer non-flexible stations.

boff layout

Tac:
    TT1, APB1, FAW3
    KLW1,FAW2,TS3 (or TS2,FAW3)
    Sci/Temp: Causal Reversion, Tractor beam repulsor/ Feedback Pulse (if you have the krenim trait for Improved).
    Sci - HE1/Tractor beam 1 (if you need to proc the Pilfered Power trait)
    Eng: EPTS1, OSS2 (Int), EPTW3, Aux2Sif3.

Secondary and tertiary choices are phaser and polaron. And yes, they can parse really good.
  • rhyusssrhyusss Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Ok, thank you for the help. However, when you say Iconian 3 piece or Nukara 2 piece set, I'm not really sure which gear you are talking about. If they are reputation, or from reputation store or from missions, letting me know where they are or what they are called can help me a great deal. I've rarely looked in reputation since I finished them and as for missions, they are long since finished, so, knowing what is there I have no clue.
    Nausicaan Set is a mission reward from a pretty recent mission "Whispers of light"?
    Iconian 3 piece set is reputation from Iconian - shield, engine and deflector.
    Nukara 2 piece set and the MACO shield are also reputation - the 2 piece is from Nukara Reputation - Engine and Deflector and the MACO shield is from the Omega reputation (Borg rep).
    But don't limit to disruptors. Any energy type can be made viable. Even Tetryon. But I'd rather recommend Phasers for the Vengeance class. Google or youtube "Puglyfe phaser vengeance" of Timberwolf's. It has some flaws to it, but it looks solid phaser application on the Vengeance.
    Ok, again, thank you. I was looking over the reputation "missions" and I noticed that there are multiple choices for each of those items. Like the MACO shields, I saw three different ones to choose. Actually, after looking, that is the only one that you have a choice to make on which shield (Resilient, Regenerative, or Covariant).
    The mission is called Echoes of Light from the New Frontiers episodes.
    Also, with the Nausicaan stuff, do I get just one of each, multiples or combo of them?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    If you get the competitive impulse engine you get a speed/turning buff for a few seconds when using boff powers. I used that and put a bunch of dual cannons and turrets on mine. I could pop a Aux2Sif and whip around easy to put all that power onto a target. Works great for STFs where you know where enemies are coming from, especially the Dranuur Gauntlet... unless the damn Voth and their damn shields show up! :# That really messed me up. :'(

There's alot of Vengeances (Vengi?) out there, so I would say it's still the best lobi ship out there. It's my main ship when I don't have ship masterys to learn.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Get all four Consoles for the Kelvin set......lets you use Broadside emitters every 60 seconds.