test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Talk to Loot Critter

virtualstar3virtualstar3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Sometimes, after I have a good score on a dilithium mining node at Vlugta, I will get an R&D mat drop. After I collect the mats, sometimes a button comes up, for a split second, that says "Talk to Loot Critter". It disappears too fast to click on it though. Does anyone know what that is?

Comments

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I was going to start a response by adding in the standard loot critter joke but its too early.

The Talk to loot critter button is a development place holder for a loot drop. Players are not meant to see it. but it pops up on occasion. A while back it was showing up so much that it became a joke about as prevalent as Gorn jokes on ESD.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I think Loot Critter is actually Batman, and he is simply close enough for an interact to pop up. He must be a part of a mystery crossover event with STO and DCUO.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I was going to start a response by adding in the standard loot critter joke but its too early.

The Talk to loot critter button is a development place holder for a loot drop. Players are not meant to see it. but it pops up on occasion. A while back it was showing up so much that it became a joke about as prevalent as Gorn jokes on ESD.
    this (well I don't know about the jokes as I've closed zone chat a long time ago and never re-opened it), in essense it's very minor bug caused by lag as far as I can tell.

I assume "loot critter" is the development name for the different loot containers and when you pick up a peice of loot for a split second the system no longer registers the loot container as such but the interact node is still present due to lag even though they both were suppose to disapear the same time, so the system defaults to the development placeholder.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    The first MMORPG I seriously played actually had something named "loot critter", it was literally a critter (in various forms) that ran around picking up all loot within a certain radius of your character. Of course a cash shop only item, but well worth the cost as you never had to click a single button to collect loot as long as you had it summoned.

Every time I see the "talk to loot critter" in STO, I wish STO had something like that.....
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png