test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is ground gear armor even worth changing?

So, I looked in my inventory and saw I had left an uncommon armor mk IV in there... The stats were up in the 50's as far as the resists for it.. I looked at another armor on one of my bridge officers and she had Mk XII ground armor of the same type with identical stats... All this time I have been making sure to keep the armor "fresh" as I had leveled but when it comes to stats it looks like early level armor is really no different..

Am I missing something here not shown in the stats? My other toons use rep armor sets etc so I don't really worry much about it... but I just happened to notice this..

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,016 Community Moderator
    The shows stats could vary based on if you're in space or on the ground.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Also, it may be worth pursuing set bonuses. That's not the same thing as keeping the Mark up to date, but it'll entail getting end-game armor. I'm fond of the MACO/Honor Guard sets, and there's an episode reward from the Temporal Front that grants a sort of temporary immunity to attack (it's more complicated than that, but not by much) when your shields fail; in the latter case, I've read about someone getting a set for their entire away team and then observing that, by the time enemies cut through the team's shields and the immunity ended, the effect had cooled down. Poor man's invincibility is nice, and it won't come from item drops of any rank.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Make sure it's apples to apples comparison (the same armor type). For example Energy Dampening has high energy resists but low kinetic and physical. Others buff physical/kinetic more, increase damage, etc. trading one stat for another.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    As said the stats for ground gear aren't correct when looked at in space maps and the stats for space gear aren't correct when looked at in ground maps.

when comparing armors you also want to make sure the mods are the same.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    If you're doing featured episodes on normal its not a big deal, but run on advanced or elite and stacking advantages matters.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    So, I looked in my inventory and saw I had left an uncommon armor mk IV in there... The stats were up in the 50's as far as the resists for it.. I looked at another armor on one of my bridge officers and she had Mk XII ground armor of the same type with identical stats... All this time I have been making sure to keep the armor "fresh" as I had leveled but when it comes to stats it looks like early level armor is really no different..

Am I missing something here not shown in the stats? My other toons use rep armor sets etc so I don't really worry much about it... but I just happened to notice this..

get a advanced fleet armor with crtd from your starbase, they are pretty cheap and you're fine. maybe upgrade it to mk xiv, doesnt need to be epic.
    in addition, get the nakuhl shield + weapon as your secondary and a delta kitframe with crth kperfx2 or one of the kitframes from the new holding with the dmg buff + kperf.
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Dyson Set is nice, too. Rapidly recharges shields when you get low, with, as far as I can tell, no cooldown. Plus, crouching gets you a fairly solid defense boost and swanky hex-barrier
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    My captain gets good stuff, my boffs get hand-me-downs or mission drop armor/shields.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Make sure it's apples to apples comparison (the same armor type). For example Energy Dampening has high energy resists but low kinetic and physical. Others buff physical/kinetic more, increase damage, etc. trading one stat for another.
    So much this. It's nearly impossible to directly compare the resists of offense oriented armors with defensive ones. Stuff like Energy Dampening has godlike energy resist compared to an armor whose primary purpose is increasing your crit chance.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg