test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dranuur colony project costs

doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
Renewable energy projects II : 49644 dilithium, it's crazy.
The decision was made to stop this fleet holding, too expensive.
Cryptic, you are unreasonable.
Qapla'

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Those costs are meant to be spread out over a whole fleet. They become much more palatable if one or 2 people aren't trying to carry the whole thing.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I was wondering when peeps wake up. In any case gz on your Tier 2 holding. :)

Here you can see what awaits you:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_colony_world_projects

Don't know how many dicounts you have in ur fleet. I hope a lot cuz without them you look at some 80 mil Dil.

The word unreasonable barly scratches it. :|

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    "Completing this project will grant all Fleet Requisition Projects a 10% provision bonus. "
    what exactly does that do?
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User

Nothing is waiting for us, the progress of this colony is stopped definitely
    Qapla'
    edited November 2017
    binebane wrote: »
    "Completing this project will grant all Fleet Requisition Projects a 10% provision bonus. "

Requisitioning projects are run to provisions your fleet with stuff peeps can buy from fleet store. With the bonus simply more provisions will be generated with the same projects.

It’s a nice move to integrate it but the benefit sadly is no way near cryptic's understanding of what the player base is supposed to be capable of.

Given the read of the other thread where peeps give away the figures of current armada populations: If everybody would contribute all his dill to the colony a fleet would still not be able to finish it. “We all do this together” is romantic nativity here because all is no way near enough.

It is not unusual that Dil contributions are left to those who own a fleet. Sadly this time it is leagues beyond feasible. Even if a whale would buy all the Dil on exchange I have my doubts that it would be enough for a single fleet.

Lol 80 mil guys!
    animated.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Don't know how many dicounts you have in ur fleet. I hope a lot cuz without them you look at some 80 mil Dil.

According to devs, fleet project costs are scaled for 25 players.

80 million dil is 10,000 toon-days of refine capacity (not counting the subscriber and mine doff assignments). Assuming 25 players each playing only 1 toon that's 400 days, an entirely reasonable completion time of a 5-tier holding with the minimum target playercount.

A fleet with the max 500 toons could refine 80 million dilithium in 20 days.

The problem is not cost. It's the total lack of investment security in fleets (and to a lesser extent the disproportionately low fleet credit valuation of dilithium), which leads to players not wanting to invest.
    edited November 2017
    warpangel wrote: »

According to devs, fleet project costs are scaled for 25 players.

80 million dil is 10,000 toon-days of refine capacity (not counting the subscriber and mine doff assignments). Assuming 25 players each playing only 1 toon that's 400 days, an entirely reasonable completion time of a 5-tier holding with the minimum target playercount.

A fleet with the max 500 toons could refine 80 million dilithium in 20 days.

Sure those are quiet reasonable assumptions representing most adequately what’s going on in game. Especially considering that contributing to fleets is heavily on peep’s minds when refining Dil since that currency is needed for nothing else. :D
    animated.gif
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User

Requisitioning projects are run to provisions your fleet with stuff peeps can buy from fleet store. With the bonus simply more provisions will be generated with the same projects.

but if project give 5 provisions with 5% bonus that is 5,25 will that 0,25 become 1 if that project is done 4 times?

but if project give 5 provisions with 5% bonus that is 5,25 will that 0,25 become 1 if that project is done 4 times?

I’m sorry I do not know how this is handled.
    animated.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For the first three weeks after this Colony dropped in our laps, I went with a few Characters to Dranuur and mini-gamed those Provisions and donated much of the other requirements. After we upgraded to Tier II the costs have become problematic. I find myself spending more time leveling up (Reputation-wise, Trait-wise, etc.) one of my Characters in LOTRO that recently took a jump from 34 to 105 with in Upgrade Token that came with the Mordor Expansion.

I am finding it more fulfilling running older Quests and Deeds and slaying scores of creatures in LOTRO than expending all my resources to the Colony in STO.

I believe there are only two of us have been donating to the Colony in our Fleet and this is too much even over five or six Characters. Cryptic 'scr*wed the pooch' on this one.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    T2 in a few days & thats me finished with it, got better things to do with my time & dill.
    lvl 70 kdf fleet 6 of us left. :(
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, I'd bet the fleet I'm in (joined just to get access to some tailors) stalls out when we hit T2 soonish. 2 or 3 of us with multiple alts donating, small donations from a few others.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

The problem is not cost. It's the total lack of investment security in fleets (and to a lesser extent the disproportionately low fleet credit valuation of dilithium), which leads to players not wanting to invest.

This is a huge problem IMHO. I try to help as much as I can, but I find it very difficult to part with my dilithium for 1:1 ratio. It would be much better if we got 50:1 like the fleet marks. Heck, even 10:1 would be great.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User

Lol 80 mil guys!

Yeah... 80 mil refined dil is a really depressing figure to comprehend. Like, it really makes me sad thinking about it, so I'm trying not to, if you know what I mean.
    Especially depressing if you're a fleet leader who has to donate upwords of 90% of the dil imputs. *coughMecough*

We just finished all tier 3 upgrades in the Legion..

Guess who put in almost every last piece of refined dil... Me.

Anyway, this is not really related but I just need to get this off my chest.. I had left the 3 regular projects slots free (for Dranuur) on purpose until all tier 3 upgrades were completed.

I go on last night and I see someone (one of our VAs) has filled those 3 empty slots with the bloody Token projects... @ 150k refined Dil a piece.
    They didn't even put any dil into the projects, just put them up there, and now they're going to block access to the regular EXP projects once our tier 3 upgrade finishes in a couple days...
    The reason it's bothering me is because there's no way in hell I'm going to bankroll this idiot move to the tune of 450k refined Dil for stupid token projects. It's infuriating. I cant even cancel the projects as a fleet leader. LIke WTF :angry:

And with the rates of refined donated by other players in our fleet, it'll be weeks if not months before enough people have donated to those projects to clear them. I don't even want to play the stupid simulation !!

And I'm not biting the bullet this time. I'll need whatever dil I can muster to push us through the tier IV and Tier V upgrade projects.
    Anyway this whole situation has me really annoyed atm.

I'm honestly considering leaving this game lately (which is hard for me to admit) but it is what it is. And these colony requirements, and 150k for stupid token project aren't helping to stoke my desires to stay. Like, who even thought it was a good idea these sim token cost so much ?!?

Getting annoyed just thinking about it. :rage:

Stupidest holding we've ever gotten.
    They (Devs) make this super cool colony concept into a total grindfest and ruined any fun it had at its core. :rage:

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Lol 80 mil guys!

Yeah... 80 mil refined dil is a really depressing figure to comprehend. Like, it really makes me sad thinking about it, so I'm trying not to, if you know what I mean.
    Especially depressing if you're a fleet leader who has to donate upwords of 90% of the dil imputs. *coughMecough*

Anyway, this is not really related but I just need to get this off my chest.. I had left the 3 regular projects slots free (for Dranuur) on purpose until all tier 3 upgrades were completed.

I go on last night and I see someone (one of our VAs) has filled those 3 empty slots with the bloody Token projects... @ 150k refined Dil a piece.
    They didn't even put any dil into the projects, just put them up there, and now they're going to block access to the regular EXP projects once our tier 3 upgrade finishes in a couple days...
    The reason it's bothering me is because there's no way in hell I'm going to bankroll this idiot move to the tune of 450k refined Dil for stupid token projects. It's infuriating. I cant even cancel the projects as a fleet leader. LIke WTF :angry:

And with the rates of refined donated by other players in our fleet, it'll be weeks if not months before enough people have donated to those projects to clear them. I don't even want to play the stupid simulation !!

And I'm not biting the bullet this time. I'll need whatever dil I can muster to push us through the tier IV and Tier V upgrade projects.

I'm honestly considering leaving this game lately (which is hard for me to admit) but it is what it is. And these colony requirements, and 150k for stupid token project aren't helping to stoke my desires to stay. Like, who even thought it was a good idea these sim token cost so much ?!?

They (Devs) make this super cool colony concept into a total grindfest and ruined any fun it had at its core. :rage:
    That's just it. It's a donation. The devs have set up this system where one guy owns the fleet and others are supposed to pay to build holdings for him, with no in-game guarantees whatsoever. Is it surprising many people are not quick to give large amounts of their own money to build up someone else's property?

If the holding construction were framed as investment and the people who "bankroll" the fleet would actually own shares in it, people would be less hesitant to invest. Because then it would be their own holdings they'd be paying to build, not someone else's.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User

It’s a nice move to integrate it but the benefit sadly is no way near cryptic's understanding of what the player base is supposed to be capable of.

Given the read of the other thread where peeps give away the figures of current armada populations: If everybody would contribute all his dill to the colony a fleet would still not be able to finish it. “We all do this together” is romantic nativity here because all is no way near enough.

It is not unusual that Dil contributions are left to those who own a fleet. Sadly this time it is leagues beyond feasible. Even if a whale would buy all the Dil on exchange I have my doubts that it would be enough for a single fleet.

Lol 80 mil guys!

I am inclined to agree with you. Our fleet is rapidly heading toward tier 3, but we are already seeing the projects filling up slower and slower, as even our 500 member fleet is drying up their dil reserves. Reaching the end of tier 5 is going to be one hell of a task. The declining player base combined with a mediocre season 14 and a forgettable season 13.5 have not helped. Hopefully the winter event will bring some life back into the game.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    We got Tier 1 done. I told my fleetmate (two person fleet)...that is all I am doing for this Colony, until Cryptic gets their head out of the sand (not exactly...my words) on the Dilithium and Fleet Mark costs.

I have less issues with filling DOFFs!!! And provisions are now sitting there auto collecting, sooooo...that will be no big deal.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The biggest wall to slowing up dilithium donations is undoubtedly the return in fleddits being so TRIBBLE-poor.

I mean a 1-1 return on the most valuable asset in the game for most players is never going to encourage donations.

The provisions are not an issue. Once you get a few players (say 10+) doing colony Sims once a day you'll be drowning in the provisions. You'll never need to touch the farming games.
    SulMatuul.png
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User

Lol 80 mil guys!

This would be a major punishable offense in my fleet. At least a week in the agony booth or a good beating with Klingon pain sticks. :p

This is why you have to coordinate holding projects and only let people who know what they're doing have permissions to open new projects.
  • madragemadrage Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    i personally think that the project should be a lot more larger in cost since in some fleet they get filled way to fast
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    These things should cost marks not Dil
    edited November 2017

Lol 80 mil guys!

Thank you very much for this post @taylor1701d . It is the best I have read around here in quiet some time.

I hope you take some pride in all the contributions you made. Doing something like this, striving to give your players the best holding possible, is really the biggest sacrifice one can undertake in this game surrounding.

It is very sad to see how Cryptic, one by one, goes after those peeps who dedicate themselves the most to this title. In S13 DPSer had to bleed by rendering gear worth millions of Dil/EC obsolete; in S14 they put the F2P weight on the shoulders of dedicated fleet players. It’s so disappointing and all done for major parts of the player base that, with their contributions and/or performance behavior in public PvE, hardly deserves it.

The unbelievable costs we face raise the slight hope in me that this colony world is last expansion we see in the fleet system. A holding to end holdings if you will becuase it will break almost every fleet out there.

Makes me wonder what cryptic does next. The phoenix box is a huge success. I could also live with it if they would heavily exploit the players urge to Space Barbie. Getting some 2mil Dil outfits at least will feel like spending pocket change for some of us then.

As far as provisions are concerned I can recommend running ithe sim in the metal’s DPS channels or the new Simulation one. You get the most out of that. An alternative is to wait for auto generation and take a little break from the contributions.

Otherwise have a good day Taylor. :)
    animated.gif
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User

Lol 80 mil guys!

If the holding construction were framed as investment and the people who "bankroll" the fleet would actually own shares in it, people would be less hesitant to invest. Because then it would be their own holdings they'd be paying to build, not someone else's.

@warpangel ... that would've been a much more fulfilling way of doing fleets. Everyone would feel a bit more ownership, probably would have more active playerbase had things rolled out as you suggest...sigh. Ehhh anyway, I was just frustrated yesterday.

And it turns out the 3 projects weren't actually for Sim Tokens, they were just regular old colony store provision projects. But even at that we were pretty well supplied with about 30 colony store provisions in all but one of the sections. So I guess it's not the end of the world... But wow, I really don't remember them being 150k per project for other holdings.

@peterconnorfirst
    Part of the reason I've not said much about the Colony contribution req's until now, was because I never realized the scope of the Tier IV and V upgrades. And when I finally did the math yesterday (on the 80 mil refined) I realized it would take me like 6 years to complete everything if I were to donate all the dil myself.. LOL I mean it's comical, I don't even think STO will be around in 6 years.
    ... If everything goes well I can farm about 36000 Dil/per day across all my toons.

Anyway this all said, as a fleet leader I'm not opposed to being responsible for most of the fleets dil contributions.. just frustrating because even at my current grind rate of 36k a day... It's really just a drop in the ocean in comparison to what is needed.
    Kinda feels bad.
    Anyway, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Just wish I would've paid closer attention to what you guys were saying in the tribble Colony threads before release, I wouldn't have gotten such a shock from the astronomical numbers.
    :grimace:

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,343 Arc User
    Jeez. I can barely keep up with bankrolling T2 projects. Looks like I'll stop there too.

Lol 80 mil guys!

That's just it. It's a donation. The devs have set up this system where one guy owns the fleet and others are supposed to pay to build holdings for him, with no in-game guarantees whatsoever. Is it surprising many people are not quick to give large amounts of their own money to build up someone else's property?

As the 'owner' of the fleet who has put in more than the rest of the 187 toons combined (that's over 50 million FC's worth), and only one of two people that actually donates the Dil (and from hard cash too), I have every right to decided what players are entitled too. If people want access to 'more' then they should contribute more. That's what they are getting for their investment!! That being said, once a player has 5k of contributions they get access to stores. Alot of the stuff in the Fleet bank comes from me too, and I make items for players on request. The players who do the 'most' work get invited to the second to last rank, one toon only, where they can initiate Sims, and set projects. The fleet is also for casual players that don't want the hassle.

And no, I don't run a dictatorship. It was a joint decision that I be the sole leader because it's me that does all the admin AND recruiting as well. I'm not going to open up Leaders positions for them to be open to the abuse (and potential destruction of the fleet) by unscrupulous individuals, something that I have experienced in every other fleet I was in prior to Nov 2013 and in 2 Armadas!
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Jeez. I can barely keep up with bankrolling T2 projects. Looks like I'll stop there too.

Lol 80 mil guys!

As the 'owner' of the fleet who has put in more than the rest of the 187 toons combined (that's over 50 million FC's worth), and only one of two people that actually donates the Dil (and from hard cash too), I have every right to decided what players are entitled too. If people want access to 'more' then they should contribute more. That's what they are getting for their investment!! That being said, once a player has 5k of contributions they get access to stores. Alot of the stuff in the Fleet bank comes from me too, and I make items for players on request. The players who do the 'most' work get invited to the second to last rank, one toon only, where they can initiate Sims, and set projects. The fleet is also for casual players that don't want the hassle.

And no, I don't run a dictatorship. It was a joint decision that I be the sole leader because it's me that does all the admin AND recruiting as well. I'm not going to open up Leaders positions for them to be open to the abuse (and potential destruction of the fleet) by unscrupulous individuals, something that I have experienced in every other fleet I was in prior to Nov 2013 and in 2 Armadas!
    No, what they really get is promises that they just have to trust, or not. Even if you want to, you can't offer them any guarantees, because the game doesn't support that.

And I'm not talking about leader positions (and as you noted, those aren't secure either if there are more than one), I'm talking about being guaranteed access to the properties a player has paid to build. Not possible. The game simply doesn't have the mechanics, nothing you can do about it.

Fact is regardless of how much players "donate," they can still get denied store access or even kicked any time. Fleet members can only choose to trust the one(s) in charge with their money, or not.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,343 Arc User

Lol 80 mil guys!

No, what they really get is promises that they just have to trust, or not. Even if you want to, you can't offer them any guarantees, because the game doesn't support that.

And I'm not talking about leader positions (and as you noted, those aren't secure either if there are more than one), I'm talking about being guaranteed access to the properties a player has paid to build. Not possible. The game simply doesn't have the mechanics, nothing you can do about it.

Fact is regardless of how much players "donate," they can still get denied store access or even kicked any time. Fleet members can only choose to trust the one(s) in charge with their money, or not.

I understand where you're coming from and I find it abhorent the treatment some players get from those fleets will silly restrictions and other fleets that leech and then kick players. My guys, thankfully, get fair treatment and usually come away with alot more than they put in.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • mcevergreenmcevergreen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Since the 3rd of October, we are keeping projects (and since the 9th of October upgrades) running with almost zero idle-time.

At the moment, the colony requires 150k dilithium, 15k provisions, 3k fleet marks, and so on, every 17h. At present, we are working from a T3 colony towards a T4 colony. Our current fleet level is 76. The T4 colony will be available on the 9th of December 2017 according to the optimised building plan. We are not seeing any difficulties in terms of resources until the end of this year.

However, the way from T4 to T5 is a longer one. I am not sure if we will be able to keep a 100 % up-time of projects/upgrades next year. Still, I am confident as a fleet leader to get a T5 colony holding before the Easter bunny shows up. At least, I am glad that we will have for sure the T4 colony before Santa Claus arrives. :smiley:
  • mcevergreenmcevergreen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Since the 3rd of October, we are keeping projects (and since the 9th of October upgrades) running with almost zero idle-time.

At the moment, the colony requires 150k dilithium, 15k provisions, 3k fleet marks, and so on, every 17h. At present, we are working from a T3 colony towards a T4 colony. Our current fleet level is 76. The T4 colony will be available on the 9th of December 2017 according to the optimised building plan. We are not seeing any difficulties in terms of resources until the end of this year.

However, the way from T4 to T5 is a longer one. I am not sure if we will be able to keep a 100 % up-time of projects/upgrades next year. Still, I am confident as a fleet leader to get a T5 colony holding before the Easter bunny shows up. At least, I am glad that we will have for sure the T4 colony before Santa Claus arrives. :smiley:

I should have said that we are a small German speaking fleet and, thus, utilising German efficiency to bring together the required resources for the colony. We certainly benefit from the 20 % dilithium discount coming from the armada bonus and the 15% dilithium discount coming from the T3 mine.

I do believe that the costs of the colony are doable and manageable as long as the members of the fleet are united and contribute together towards the common goal. This is certainly not a 1-man-project.

Lol 80 mil guys!

I understand where you're coming from and I find it abhorent the treatment some players get from those fleets will silly restrictions and other fleets that leech and then kick players. My guys, thankfully, get fair treatment and usually come away with alot more than they put in.
    That's good. There are a lot of good fleets with nice fair leadership. But in the end it is all down to trust and it's easy to understand many people are careful with who they trust. Because there are some scam fleets and some fleets do get hijacked by malicious people.

If the game offered some real security for them, more players would likely be willing to spend on holding development.