test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Active is Your Armada?

2»

Comments

• tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Armada what's that? My fleet had a purge back in June that wiped out half the member base so that we can join the Armada. They then did another Purge in July to make some kind of adjustment for the Armada leaving us with about 69 fleet members.

I left STO after that and haven't been back till now. Last email from the fleet was dated July 30th and I have nothing since then. Still about 69 Fleet members. Looks like all projects have been built and fleet is now dead. Maybe the Armada is also. I have no idea cuz I really don't know anything about it.

I'll finish the storylines for my main character and then permanently quit STO after that.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    So, it makes me wonder: are there people who still want, or need, Fleet Credits "out there" any more? And I don't just mean in my Armada....I mean, anywhere?
    And is what sort of picture does that paint of the over all health of STO fleets?
    • Space: Starbase fleet advanced [Turn]x3 [Spd] engines, resilient ResB shields, adv fleet weapons [CrtD] [Dmg]x3, Spire tac consoles, atmospheric training x3, elite sing/warp core, Mine alternate elite sing/core, enhanced RCS / neutronium, Lab sci consoles & secondary deflector.
    • Ground: Adv Recoil Armor or for tank Poly Armor, fleet PSG, fleet kit frame, unique kit mods (i.e. flamethrower turret)
    • Extra active duty boff slots ground & space (Spire)
    • Extra starship trait slot, ground & space rep trait slots, active rep slot, R&D slot (Lab)
    • Superior traits (K13)
    • Krenim boffs (Lab)
    • Fleet ships

After a toon gets geared up over time and gains rep gear, not as much need for fleet credits, but well over 1.5M FC needed to get there for some of the above, as well as the additional FC over time you need to build your holdings.

I get what you're saying though. For some after their toon is finished shopping they're done... somebody else can take care of the rest of things. To see FM remain unfilled does paint a picture about the overall health of STO fleets in many ways.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Armada what's that? My fleet had a purge back in June that wiped out half the member base so that we can join the Armada. They then did another Purge in July to make some kind of adjustment for the Armada leaving us with about 69 fleet members.

I left STO after that and haven't been back till now. Last email from the fleet was dated July 30th and I have nothing since then. Still about 69 Fleet members. Looks like all projects have been built and fleet is now dead. Maybe the Armada is also. I have no idea cuz I really don't know anything about it.

I'll finish the storylines for my main character and then permanently quit STO after that.

Why are people being asked to adjust THEIR fleet membership for the Armada???
    That is just a strange request....
    I would think one could find a different Fleet to be in an Armada with...one who knew their boundaries.

As far as e-mails from the Fleet....I think I would go out of my mind should I get them all the time.

Errrrrr....well, I guess, "I" send Facebook messages to my Fleet leader everyday on Projects in our fleet that I filled that day. Or when I need another project slotted.

So, I guess, "I" might be driving him out of his mind.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin