test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Active is Your Armada?

How active is your armada right now?

Currently mine has 6 people online across 12 fleets.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse

Comments

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/3at_Ev2kOoI

Across 5 full Armada's. 2 Fed and 3 KDF
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Huh? There is a way to interact with the Armada? ::::giggles::::
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/3at_Ev2kOoI

Across 5 full Armada's. 2 Fed and 3 KDF

That pretty much sums up the current state of my own armada.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    The armada system is a joke. The only players that even know it exists are those who were around when the armada thing started. You have to continuously inform new players in your fleet that its even there. And there is no real active collaboration, it is just a passive benefit. We tried to fill ours with active fleets but that exploded into a big drama with beta fleets who didn't want to kick out their gammas. Total fail.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Well 3 of the other fleets in our armada are secondary fleets we have and they usually have a couple of alts online. The rest are active to varying degrees.
    But we have a pretty active primary fleet and everyone helps direct resources to the secondary fleets as required. We have no issues with the armada system.
    SulMatuul.png
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Out of 3 armadas: 15/5286 players in-game at 10am pacific standard time.

0.2% of members or 0.38 players per fleet currently in-game.

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    This thread is currently more active than my Starfleet or KDF Armadas.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    The fleet I joined is the most active of our Armada, sometimes we manage the lofty heights of 11-12 players. Good news is the inactivity in the other fleets means I get somewhere to dump my fleet marks as ours gets filled quickly.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    There's a way to see armada numbers? Where? My fleet has a dozen or so that logon each day - mostly when I'm not on.

Ah think I found it. 2/1,239 members presently offline. The other player is in my fleet but I rarely see him and he doesn't talk.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Our main fleet has up to 20-30 players on at a time, usually peaks after 5 pm EST. The Armada is mostly filled with small fleets though, and they’re not very active.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Inter-game 'armada' there's always someone online playing something. It's just STO that's particularly ghost-town-ish, sadly, across at least 3 armadas I'm in.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i expected to see something like this, without really good people in the right places communicating relguarly between the fleets, leaders and officers to come up with regular plans of actions. it could be very difficult keeping players in a fleet. after once learning how to become a leader in a guild on SWTOR that had around 20 members on during peak hours and 10 on a regular basis, the best way to go about keeping them in the fleet is by remaining open minded and being genuinely friendly, helping out all the time even if you get nothing from it, and doing events and getting those who are usually resistant to trying by showing them a good time and keeping them hooked on PvE content or PvP content.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    robdmc wrote: »
    Active enough.
    Totals don't show actual activity.

/channel_join grind
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    There's a way to see armada numbers? Where? My fleet has a dozen or so that logon each day - mostly when I'm not on.

Ah think I found it. 2/1,239 members presently offline. The other player is in my fleet but I rarely see him and he doesn't talk.

Look at the armada list and click the roster tab. It shows who is online for each fleet.
    Active enough.

Maybe but I got what I need and that is all that matters.
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    20/650. Five of those are from my 10 person (though with multiple characters for each) fleet. The alpha fleet is 450, the beta over mine is around 70 but is dead, dead, dead. Haven't seen anyone on from them in over a month.

The other beta and gammas seem to be one guy's solo alt fleets. Never see him on but he keeps projects queued up. Kind of annoying when we have an active small fleet that could use a little help finishing up our tier 4 starbase but this guy's four solo fleets are competing for the love from the big fleet. Doesn't help that he's shuffled his fleets around a couple times to change his bonuses without the alpha warning that it was coming and ended up messing up the project dilithium prices for a few days.

No really sure how much longer my folks are willing to put up with it. Maybe once we hit level 35 and can bring a percentage point bonus with us to an armada we'll see if anyone else wants us.
    Active enough.

What did you get?
    /channel_join grind
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    i expected to see something like this, without really good people in the right places communicating relguarly between the fleets, leaders and officers to come up with regular plans of actions. it could be very difficult keeping players in a fleet. after once learning how to become a leader in a guild on SWTOR that had around 20 members on during peak hours and 10 on a regular basis, the best way to go about keeping them in the fleet is by remaining open minded and being genuinely friendly, helping out all the time even if you get nothing from it, and doing events and getting those who are usually resistant to trying by showing them a good time and keeping them hooked on PvE content or PvP content.

Easier said than done. I do agree about the communications as it's often lacking, but as for the rest of things somehow they just aren't the same.

Been in an armada with a some of the oldest fleets in the game that would recruit 50 players per fleet per day and coordinate things together. One of the newer fleets that is part of the numbers I posted above recruits over 100 people per week. Less than 10% remain regular players. Going by previous standards I would characterize said fleets as less active than my own just a few years ago (out of less than 300 members over a dozen on voice alone most days as well as many other players).

Officers in both my fed and kdf fleets are leaders of other fleets and visa versa, the former officers don't play STO anymore nor are there any potential candidates on the horizon.

Any new players gets all the help they want, even exchange or crafted gear for their toon in their mail or from the bank. The vast majority of items for holdings projects that folks would rather not donate are taken care of. Advice and runs are always offered. I guess you could offer members a stipend (j/k).

STO is becoming a very casual game. I think many log on now for FE's and certain major seasonal events. For those that are doing amazing things for their fleet and have their attendance humming along I salute you. After many years of doing this I'm taking a more a more pragmatic view as I really think I couldn't do or have done much more.

On a positive note there must be something very special about STO for it to have held many players attention for years. It still has mine :smile:
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    years ago when I had more time to waste I would spend 12hrs a day. I started right at F2P. Those were active years. Fleets were busy and the game was busy. Well I guess my experience is like many. I log on for maybe 1 hour per week now and just do a few things. It can hold interest for only a few minutes. I have logged a sickening 4000 hrs on STO. Spend maybe $400 so about 10 cents per hour of entertainment. Not a bad return for money invested in the last 5 and a half years
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    "I have logged a sickening 4000 hrs on STO.

Nah, you aren't doing bad. 4616 Since January 2010 (averages out to a little over an hour and fifteen minutes a day). I started in Beta, bought lifetime as soon as it was available and bought zen at a rate of about $200 a year ever since. This coming year will be expensive though. Finally making the last push to T5/3/3/3... on starbase. Dang sure I'm not going to be grinding dilithium for anything other than the daily projects. Big upgrades are coming out of the checking account. 2.9 million dil this week alone.

Being retired helps. :)

Active enough.

What did you get?

My buddy and I decided to create our own fleet of 2 back before there were holding. We are still a fleet of 2 with alts. We have a Level 65 fleet and are in a gamma position in the armada.

I do not need active players. Fed Alliance Fleet is active separate from my division.
    Active enough.

What did you get?

My buddy and I decided to create our own fleet of 2 back before there were holding. We are still a fleet of 2 with alts. We have a Level 65 fleet and are in a gamma position in the armada.

I do not need active players. Fed Alliance Fleet is active separate from my division.

Ahh, so not active?
    /channel_join grind
    edited November 2017
    Active enough.

What did you get?

Ahh, so not active?

For my fleet, both of us are active. As for as the armada is concerned they have a program where you donate to your own division first and then focus on the fleet of the week. When I look at the Leaderboard for just the starbase alone there are over a hundred unique @handles that have never been apart of my fleet. When it comes time for the weekend giveaway on vent I have seen quite a few people. Every week each division send out a weekly new letter with promotions if there are any.

I logged into another toon that is in the main fleet and exported the roster to Excel. I sorted by Last active and there were 118 toons/92 Unique @handles That have logged in this month.

They also have a Unique channel to avoid the KDF Fed fleet issue.

They are very active. I'm the only rouge division that wanted to build our own 2 man base. For the challenge
    "Rouge division"?
    /channel_join grind
    "Rouge division"?

All fleets in the armada have the same structure. Alts are spread out across all fleets in the armada. The group that organizes the fleets are the same in all fleets. That group also ensures that a persons promotion is reflected across all fleets and maintains the structure across the board. Each fleet has its own captain that takes care of its day to day operations.

My fleet is the only fleet in the armada without that structure or leadership. I am my own fleet leader. I am independent. They cannot change anything in my fleet.
    "Rouge division"?

All fleets in the armada have the same structure. Alts are spread out across all fleets in the armada. The group that organizes the fleets are the same in all fleets. That group also ensures that a persons promotion is reflected across all fleets and maintains the structure across the board. Each fleet has its own captain that takes care of its day to day operations.

My fleet is the only fleet in the armada without that structure or leadership. I am my own fleet leader. I am independent. They cannot change anything in my fleet.

Wow.
    /channel_join grind
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Just my opinion, but it seems like a lot of our Armadas are just lightly populated fleets hoping that attaching themselves to a large fleet will get their starbase done by somebody else.

We're a large, old, lvl 67 KDF Fleet, filled with vet players. A couple of our Armada Fleets are faction specific, created so we can park our Alts & earn FCs. But the others? The lights are on, but rarely anybody home.

Again, just my opinion.
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    mspfueler wrote: »
    Just my opinion, but it seems like a lot of our Armadas are just lightly populated fleets hoping that attaching themselves to a large fleet will get their starbase done by somebody else.

We're a large, old, lvl 67 KDF Fleet, filled with vet players. A couple of our Armada Fleets are faction specific, created so we can park our Alts & earn FCs. But the others? The lights are on, but rarely anybody home.

Again, just my opinion.

The two of us wanted to have a long term project to do as a sideline...in case of content droughts. It has kept us focused on "something" in the game.

We joined the Armada for the discounts. I didn't expect getting any help at all...as a matter of fact, I was pretty certain that no one would give away anything but Fleet Marks.

Truth be told, I told him to block all Fleet Mark donations from the Armada, so they would HAVE to "donate" something else. He basically told me to shut up and NO. LOL!

And the rule my Fleet mate gave me was to leave Fleet Marks and Experience requirements for him or for the Armada in case someone needed Fleet Credits. Otherwise, I would have filled everything myself.

Although, now we are at Tier 4 of the Main Starbase....and closing in on Tier 3 Upgrades at the K-13 Starbase and the hold up IS the Fleet Marks.

So, it makes me wonder: are there people who still want, or need, Fleet Credits "out there" any more? And I don't just mean in my Armada....I mean, anywhere?

And is what sort of picture does that paint of the over all health of STO fleets?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin