test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So excited to learn the Winter or Anniversary Ships may be...

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It would be a sad break with tradition and step down in quality if they did something besides breen ships for xmas.

Actually, it is a much needed change and improvement to the game to let the Breen ship tradition die a horrible death. Breen ships are just far too boring since they always show up every Christmas. At least, the Risan ships had drastically different appearances.

A Snowconian ship or Snow Borg Icecube would be a thousand times better than another lousy Breen ship and they fit far better with Q's Winter Wonderland. Q keeps on giving the same lousy present. I expected better from an omnipotent being.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    And yet there's only one Breen ship left to do at this point.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2017
    I think more people would welcome some Alien ship other than Breen at least for 1 if not 2 years! I fine if they going to complete the last one for a set of vessel's - just be nicer to see a bit more variation in future that's all.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Let them finish up the T6 Breen Ships already. You know they are going to do it. Why stick something in between and prolong it?

Yes, Les Moonves and the entire Board of Directors spend an inordinate number of meetings deciding what can be end game ships and how rare they should be in STO.

Give that boogeyman up already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited November 2017
    Anniversary always excites me far more cause of the far greater variety we see in ships. o:)

I am excited for all even if I stated it be nice to see a chance away from Breen for winter if not this year hopefully next.
    0zxlclk.png
    I actually do wish they would delay the last Vorgon ship for a T6 Risian ship.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    Yeah. So what?

CBS doesn't want a widely available Prime Connie at endgame. Hence why the Temporal Light Cruiser is such a rare Promo ship. Allowing anyone to basically turn any ship into a Connie undermines what CBS allows and doesn't allow. If CBS had allowed it, we'd have a C-Store T6 Connie.
    Again, so what? The parts would of course only be available for the people who own the specific ship already.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    And by your reasoning everyone else.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    1. It's going to be a Breen T6 raider. There's already a pile of reasons for it, as pointed out. If you don't like it, don't do the event.
    2. Some people are bored or don't like the theme. That's perfectly fine. I personally, think that the Breen ships are the best looking ships in the game. I missed out on the first four ships, due to making a big life choice, so my only option for those ships, is the Phoenix gamblebox. And I'll roll the dice each time. I feel that disjointed appearance lends to making the ship feel alien. Outsider. Meant to throw people out of comfort zones. I love it. Preferable to everything coming out sleek and smooth, or Federation influenced.
    3. You can hope, pine, and whine, and repeat about this all you want. That's your choice. It's also your choice to do other content in the game, if you feel that the Breen collection isn't for you.

Druk has it right. Tradition, and great looking ships.
    BRING ON THE BREEN!
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    We may see T6 Risian at some point in the future. Consoles don't have them at all, and generally what Consoles get at T6 filters its way over to PC. Consoles got a T6 Cardassian Keldon, we had the T5 Galor. Now we have the T6 Keldon. Same with the T5 Xindi, Tal Shiar, and Dominion ships.

We might get another Vorgon for the summer event, or we might see a T6 Risian.

I would love to try out either Risian ship at T6!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
    edited November 2017
    We might get another Vorgon for the summer event, or we might see a T6 Risian.
    Might? Of course there will be another, there's still one Vorgon ship left which I have already mentioned earlier in this thread, the Vorgon Cruiser: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vorgon_Cruiser If anything a T6 Risian ship will be released during the 2019 Summer event if we are lucky.

Post edited by avoozuul on
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Even though I am pretty sure it wont happen, it would be fun to a space red alert come in this year. Like Q wants to have some fun and warps in a snow-borg fleet that is attempting to take over several arctic climate worlds, or turning some worlds into arctic climate worlds.
    edited November 2017
    I want winter-based ship vanity items.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The breen ships are some of the best looking space ships in star trek and the game so I hope they keep making them.

Plus, its tradition.

Agreed! I like the Breen ships as well so hopefully that trend will continue. The summer event ships never really interested me but the winter stuff always gets me playing again.
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Even though I am pretty sure it wont happen, it would be fun to a space red alert come in this year. Like Q wants to have some fun and warps in a snow-borg fleet that is attempting to take over several arctic climate worlds, or turning some worlds into arctic climate worlds.
    Snow Borg Ice Cubes FTW!
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    the real question is how many more Breen ships can they do
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    the real question is how many more Breen ships can they do

Really don't know that answer. I mean they COULD make a playable Breen fighter, but... I don't see that being the big event prize. Maybe as something you can buy during the Winter Event like the Breen Warp Core.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited November 2017
    Breen ships are NICE ships (reference to their performance) and I'm not disputing that... I've got the Breen Carrier myself even choose to get the TAC Breen Chet despite struggling for 2-3 days before deciding to do it. They can be good ships when built correctly like most ships; I admit like many never been a Breen fan seeing them in Cannon or any Trek Fan production. Perhaps it's because their biology tends to go against common scientific principles living outside the goldilocks zone; in a climate that most scientists say is not capable or producing or sustaining life. Sadly perhaps it because we never see them speak or see their faces either?

Still the fact remains' what one person likes and another dislikes is very objective. Still after 6 year's even I thought it's surely a time to start asking for a change, it won't have any influence this year for sure... I never said anything until now and only because we've seen 6 straight years of the same thing. This has nothing to do with Breen at all just time for change... anything.... I said I'd love to see an Andorian / Aenar collaboration, or anything just to see something else at Winter in future.

Regardless I'm still excited to officially hear the Winter Ship (if not for myself) certainly for others who may be getting their first chance at a T6 ship. Still the conversation like all things evolves, based on various respectful opinions or comments, that everyone has - yourself included.
    0zxlclk.png
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    I find the breen cool (get it?) as hell.

One man's preference is another man's bile.

I don't mind an Andorian ship NEXT year, but for this year, I want to complete the 4 piece set I've been meaning to complete for a long time now. I'll leave it at that.
    edited November 2017
    If my suspicions are correct and the next ship bundle for STO's next Anniversary are tactical ships then there could be a chance that they will release T6 Andorian ships, but then they would have to think up something for the other factions.
    tremere12 wrote: »

I don't mind an Andorian ship NEXT year, but for this year, I want to complete the 4 piece set I've been meaning to complete for a long time now. I'll leave it at that.

Andorian won't happen because Andorians are Fed members, and the T5 Kumaris are Fed only. Making a T6 Andorian cross faction would be viewed as a slap in the face for people who want a T6 Kumari.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

Andorian won't happen because Andorians are Fed members, and the T5 Kumaris are Fed only. Making a T6 Andorian cross faction would be viewed as a slap in the face for people who want a T6 Kumari.

I'll take that love tap to the face with a grin, as I want a T6 Kumari, and to have it cross faction. Also, not sure if you've noticed, but STO threw a lot of canon stuff out the window a long, long time ago. In exchange, I'll offer for redside to give the Feds....The greenskin space peanut ships. :wink:
    edited November 2017
    avoozuul wrote: »
    If my suspicions are correct and the next ship bundle for STO's next Anniversary are tactical ships then there could be a chance that they will release T6 Andorian ships, but then they would have to think up something for the other factions.

I'd be open to expanding a few Alien Starships, but not modern Faction Starships, except the 29th-31st century ones to all. But one area that has not been explored as common ally with all Factions since Delta Expanion is the Cooperative? Sure they are Borg but not part of the collective anymore. It could might offer a viable alternative to the Breen especially for some good Miracle Worker Ships; given their regenerative abilities enhanced thru Starship Mastery?

After all perhaps Q shows how determined players are to fight the little Snow Borg along with some Iconians, the Cooperative decides to introduce the first Borg Starship's to Winter? That could surely be a highly popular replacement for Breen. While most Borg ships are Symmetrical that's more typical of the Collective not the Cooperative. So we wouldn't see a Huge Cube, Smaller Sphere's, or even smaller Disc's like in many Omega STF's. Remember the Cooperative are more AKIN to the Breen in how they design ships, the Collective is what introduced the non Symmetrical ship Hugh was on. We could see a few variation's to this:

renegade-borg-beauty.jpg

Those who want to comment or voice opinions on this can read, follow, or comment here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1236343/possible-breen-replacement-candidate-for-winter-the-cooperative
    0zxlclk.png
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    ...one man's canon is another man's heresy...

There's a certain minority on these forums for which everything is a "slap in the face."

That's lame.

Everything should be cross-faction. The factions are so over and done with. Have been for years.
    Well that was certainly my thinking - I don't think I'd like seeing a 25th or 26th Century Federation ship being flown by Romulan's or Klingon's for sure. Yet most of the story has been going for the longest time and continues with stronger alliances toward's the 31st Century.

While I don't think it be good to open the flood gates on Andorian/Aenar, Caitian/Feresen, Telerite, Vulcan, Orion, Gorn, Reman vessel's entirely... Some T6 options are available for various races from the CSTORE and only available for their respected Race or Faction.

Still I just thought it might be nice too see perhap's a few Races offer new design perhaps with collaboration from the Fed's, KDF, or Romulan's on a few limited perhaps one time ships following the Ferengi Alliance. While they aren't officially a Federation member they do have a few Ferengi that have joined the Federation.

I certainly wouldn't expect to see perhaps more than 1 event ship offered from a Federation member, or perhaps one Klingon Member but doubt we'd see something from the Romulan's as their allied with either Fed or KDF. The move might be officially justified or sanctioned by their Governing bodies as a first trial or small step forward eventually to where we see 31st Century Temporal ships being used by the Federation which eventually the Klingons and Romulan's join.

Certainly that's however a much more touchy subject for many, than say perhaps just suggesting a Cooperative Borg ship for Winter.
    0zxlclk.png
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Perhaps a Cooperative ship would be neat.
    Or, even more interesting, something of a coalition vessel, with cues from each faction.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    If they go Borg themed, which wouldn't bother me at all. There better be a mission where Q has turned some Borg drones into Borg Santa's that are trying to assimilate the children of the village and we need to stop them. :D