test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC]The Mirror Universe Invades Star Trek Online!

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Ugh, the worst event grind is back. At least they finally made the item reward an account unlock.

~shoves Drac out of the way~

Me can't wait to send those Terrans back to their dimension, talking to themselves. B)

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    And the crew of that space station have to die so you can be peaceful Nebreeki?
    I'll be blasting my fellow Terrans back to where they came from, after all they fight for Leeta and they are traitors who must die.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      I'll take the adage that the enemy of my enemy is also my friend, now point me at those traitorous vipers attacking the station
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
        edited November 2017
        Reminds me of the old CoH days event for Halloween where random spawns across map zones would spawn zombies...the more people you had gathered in one area the more insane the mobs were. It was an absolute blast... Everyone jumped in where they saw the spawns...
      • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
        What @iconians said... Or memed. Couldn't have said it better myself. Who really cares what the weapons are (well, really would like them to be unique) but regardless, Cryptic is finally making the grindfest reward an account unlock.
      • grouchiergrouchier Member Posts: 15 Arc User
        I grant that Mirror Universe needed a Prize but a Ground weapon? Seriously this is a space game and space fight. Give us something cool for our ships instead of grinding for a set of pistols.
      • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
        Honestly I would rather do a fast one than do Mirror event again.
      • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
        Would be better if they halved this reward for 7 days since by the time I've done this for a week. At this point I really have no motivation to continue. One big reason why I have a ton of these events opened but never finished and about to run out of room lol. Plus compared to some other games I play now the whole interaction with other players, bank, auction, etc is so outdated and un-user friendly as well as the crafting system that it only takes me a minute to get sick of it. I would make a bulletin listing of everything that needs to be done with this game especially for quality of life experience but like in the past it would just go ignored and waste my time. However if Cryptic or PWE is serious about how they can make this game approachable again send me a message.
      • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
        Thank you for making it account-wide reward.

I can finally look forward to this as opposed to dreading it like the many times in the past. Terran ground gear is always welcome.
        Y945Yzx.jpg
        Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
        · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
        «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
        ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
      • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
        THANK YOU for making the item Account Unlock, while keeping the stack of Dil and Marks Character Unlock. Best of both worlds! Bravi, kudos, well done!
      • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
        Hmm, Agony Rifle, Zefram Cochrane Shotgun. Yep, these Phaser Dual Pistols are something new in the annals of this game in that they are awarding a ground weapon for a space queue. Who'da thunk it.
        'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
        Judge Dan Haywood
        'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
        l don't know.
        l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
        That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
        Lt. Philip J. Minns
        ltminns wrote: »
        Hmm, Agony Rifle, Zefram Cochrane Shotgun. Yep, these Phaser Dual Pistols are something new in the annals of this game in that they are awarding a ground weapon for a space queue. Who'da thunk it.

Yep. Zefram McBoomBoom, is a good borg fly swatter. :3
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
        edited November 2017
        Oh yea... I was just asking for a Recruiting event as it's been awhile especially since nothing shows up on the Calendar for November 2017 or December 1999.

Seems like December there going to be a temporal anomaly...
        0zxlclk.png
      • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        thay8472 wrote: »
        we can still afk this, right?
        That or grind Starship mastery...

I mean.. it's a target rich environment....
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
        Ugh, the worst event grind is back.

1z00e4.jpg

~pets the Kitteh~

Nice fur, Crashy-baby. :)
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
        Speaking as a week old player, am I to take it this event is not at all fun in any way?
      • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
        strathkin wrote: »
        Oh yea... I was just asking for a Recruiting event as it's been awhile especially since nothing shows up on the Calendar for November 2017 or December 1999.

Seems like December there going to be a temporal anomaly...
        Well... DS9 ended in '99...

So, perhaps that will be when the old DS9 model gets blown up in preparation for the next expansion/season...

0.o?

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
        Speaking as a week old player, am I to take it this event is not at all fun in any way?

Let's just say that fun is subjective...
      • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
        They had better streamline this like they did The Breach, otherwise it's 3 hours a day for 10 toons!

Maybe you should ACTUALLY read the blog... The big rewards is now Account unlock, so for the "mirror dual phaser" reward.. You just have to run one toon and get the account unlock..

Now.. if you are concerned about the 50K dil, marks and such across your 10 toons.. Well Dil and marks rewards have never been account unlock..

So, run 1 toon for the pistols for all toons on the account, and/or run all 10 for the dil and marks,

Your call... Cryptic never said you had to have 10 toons (didn't have to keep the LoR or AoY toon).. And, that, also is your call..
      • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
        thay8472 wrote: »
        we can still afk this, right?
        That or grind Starship mastery...

I mean.. it's a target rich environment....

Bingo! My new alt just made level 60 so lots of new ship traits to grind for. Throw in an account unlock and it looks like a good run each day.
        RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
        Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
        David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
        Lieutenant William Lebo
      • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
        > @tousseau said:
        > orangenee orangenee#2931
        >
        > wrote: »
        >
        > Speaking as a week old player, am I to take it this event is not at all fun in any way?
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Let's just say that fun is subjective...

Guess it's an opportunity to test drive my new T6 I suppose. Can't be any worse than SWTORs same 4 events that I don't play they've been running for years.
      • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
        Account unlock: thanks allot!
        Very apriciated.
        "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
        "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
      • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
        ltminns wrote: »
        For all those touting perma-death, friendly fire, and the like to make the game 'challenging' and more 'realistic', let's make it more realistic by having consequences for not following your orders and defend the station. Anyone taking their ship out to the Oort Cloud to party while the station is under attack in the first phase is guilty of dereliction of duty.

To be challenging and realistic, the Character will be reduced in rank three levels. They will not be able to use any ships, equipment, or weapons at their previous rank until they have reacheived that rank. You will not be able to earn and accumulate new Dilitium or EC until you reachieve your original rank (simulates forfeiture of pay).

There's your realism.

Not realistic enough. In the RR and KDF, the toon would be immediately executed (with loss of all stuffz). A Starfleet officer would be stripped of all rank, all stuffz would be confiscated and they would be "awarded" a special nerfed version of the Tuffli to begin their new career as a civilian tramp freighter captain. Additionally, they would not be able to use Fed social spaces such as ESD, K-7, Fed Fleet starbase, K-13....all they could use is social spaces avail to all factions such as Risa, Drozana, the New Romulus staging area, and the space for LTS holders. Since they were forced out of Starfleet in disgrace, they will not be able to proceed any further on the story line, either, except for missions that came from Drake.
      • yakcool#9511 yakcool Member Posts: 2 New User
        Can I do this at a low level? (10)
      • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        edited November 2017
        tousseau wrote: »
        Let's just say that fun is subjective...
        It's fun if you like spending 10+ minutes shooting zillions of enemy ships.

The main thing that annoys people is that there's nothing you can do to make the mission end faster. You literally have to sit and wait for a timer to expire while killing everything that moves.
        Can I do this at a low level? (10)
        Yes! Will you die a LOT? Probably.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg