test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Dranuur Fleet Holding Special Unlocks!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
In the newest limited time unlock for the Dranuur Fleet Holding, Captains on PC can add a communications tower to their island!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10702454

Comments

• Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Damn it...back to the old salt mine. lol
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know for the ridiculously high Dilitium requirements for this Holding, we shouldn't need to slot extra Projects to get these cosmetic upgrades and extra Projects to add things like a Personnel Officer, Transwarp, etc. For these prices we should be getting the 'Luxury' Edition of the Tier Holding.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Is it so we can still be tapped into Tzenkethi comms?
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > You know for the ridiculously high Dilitium requirements for this Holding, we shouldn't need to slot extra Projects to get these cosmetic upgrades and extra Projects to add things like a Personnel Officer, Transwarp, etc. For these prices we should be getting the 'Luxury' Edition of the Tier Holding.

Grinding isn’t fun. Well...in STO anyway.
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Will there be a fix on the holding any time soon, because i always get extra battery but cant never ad them to the project .
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    If it is less than 10 you will never be able to do that unless all it needs is less than 10 to complete. They fixated on a 'tensies' system for contributions. There won't be a fix because in their mind it is not broken.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The 33 Fleet Credits for 10 Provisions never made any sense to me. If the Provision requirements were always a multiple of 10, then it wouldn't matter since every method to get provisions provides a multiple of 10. However, the Dilithium Mine discounts screws it up so the requirements are rarely a multiple of 10. It would be far easier to have it set so that contributing to the Colony provides 3 or 4 Fleet Credits per provision. It might be set up that way so Fleets use the Coffers instead of contributing directly, but unfortunately there is a Fleet setting to prevent certain ranks to donate provisions to the Coffers.

This special unlock is certainly the biggest special unlock project ever and certainly better than the last two special unlocks. We might even see more special unlock projects like it such as the space elevator, lighthouse, and hydro-electric dam that were listed in the Fleet Colony Upgrades page on Tribble, but vanished when Season 14 went live.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    And this does what besides pollute the skyline? Does it give anything aside a sink to dump stuff?
    No? *walks away*