test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Doctor Who Companions revealed

wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Turns out those rumours about Bradley Walsh were true. Can't wait to see this next year

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I liked Walsh in Law and Order. This could be okay.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I liked Walsh in Law and Order. This could be okay.​​

I've only ever seen him hosting The Chase, never got to see the episodes of the Sarah Jane Adventures he did, but I'm still looking forward to it, haven't had 3 companions since the Peter Davison years, but a few of the Big Finish audios have seen 4 companions
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    nope done with the Doctor. The whole genderbending thing was too over the top
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User

Wasn't Doctor Who always over the top?

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

And nothing of any value was lost.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    Seriously? It's a show about a twin-hearted alien in a broken time machine with a mind of its own, who, whenever it dies, regenerates into a new body with a new personality - and the gender of the latest body is what broke you? Not the little robot dog? Or Adric, the Companion who died saving Earth and simultaneously being responsible for the K-T Event? Or the War Doctor, who somehow doesn't get counted in the total number of regenerations? Or Ten having his hand severed, but growing it back because he still had "regeneration energy" in his body? Or all of the Daleks being captured in a tiny extradimensional prison - except for one in Utah in the 2080s? Or... but I think the point is made. The Doctor has even alluded before to the idea of regenerating into a "female" body (remember, Gallifreyans are alien, and our human genders are likely to be mere approximations at best), and the Master has actually done so.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I didn't watch many episodes of Doctor Who, but I always felt that it never meant to be taken serious.
    For the most part it's a lighthearted and rather comedic sci-fi based on early sci-fi-ideas, exploiting the hell out of them while freshing a few things up here and there. "Too over the top" is something that doesn't exist in that particular franchise. It's also why I usually can only take the episodes until it gets to the cheesy, too self-aware conclusions.

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Seriously? It's a show about a twin-hearted alien in a broken time machine with a mind of its own, who, whenever it dies, regenerates into a new body with a new personality - and the gender of the latest body is what broke you? Not the little robot dog? Or Adric, the Companion who died saving Earth and simultaneously being responsible for the K-T Event? Or the War Doctor, who somehow doesn't get counted in the total number of regenerations? Or Ten having his hand severed, but growing it back because he still had "regeneration energy" in his body? Or all of the Daleks being captured in a tiny extradimensional prison - except for one in Utah in the 2080s? Or... but I think the point is made. The Doctor has even alluded before to the idea of regenerating into a "female" body (remember, Gallifreyans are alien, and our human genders are likely to be mere approximations at best), and the Master has actually done so.

Or how about the fact that there has never been a black, yellow, blue, or purple doctor. Blue or purple might cause some problems with doing the pre-22nd Century Earth episodes, but every single Doctor has been white. Maybe the Fourteenth Doctor will be African or Asian.

Speaking of female Doctors, whatever happened to Jenny? We saw her blast off into space, but nothing since the Doctor's Daughter episode.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    starkaos wrote: »
    Speaking of female Doctors, whatever happened to Jenny? We saw her blast off into space, but nothing since the Doctor's Daughter episode.

Abandonded storyline that some future Doctor Who nerd given the reigns of Doctor Who can pick up to prove his true love for the franchise?

Also, Idris Elba for Doctor Who. (After we had a few years of Jodie, of course.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »

Or how about the fact that there has never been a black, yellow, blue, or purple doctor. Blue or purple might cause some problems with doing the pre-22nd Century Earth episodes, but every single Doctor has been white. Maybe the Fourteenth Doctor will be African or Asian.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-18/georgia-moffett-to-lead-a-series-of-doctor-who-audio-adventures-as-the-doctors-daughter/