test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Discovery Uniforms and Type 7 Shuttle Return - for free!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PC can get the Type 7 Shuttle from The Next Generation, and Discovery Uniforms from the new show, Star Trek: Discovery, for free!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10684324

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Out of all the small free stuff Cryptic, has & can, give away from time to time they chose this again back to back.

Good for anyone that missed out before, but whoopty doo otherwise or should we expect this every month or so now?

Oh well time to see if Cryptic finally fixed my account since late July.
  • bloodboltbloodbolt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    meh i hoped it would have black badges
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Have the colors been fixed so that we can have the Medical version of the Discovery uniforms? Can't wait for the Discovery Lockbox. If you plan on making the Bear Navigator as a Vanity Pet, please give us Vanity Pet Tab. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    The shuttle still doesn't show up in my Promotions tab for any of my Fed/TOS characters. I theoretically managed to claim it on one Fed/TOS character the first time it was offered, but it's no longer on any of them.

Another bug for the "things that we'll never fix" trash bin.
    qqqqii wrote: »
    The shuttle still doesn't show up in my Promotions tab for any of my Fed/TOS characters. I theoretically managed to claim it on one Fed/TOS character the first time it was offered, but it's no longer on any of them.

Another bug for the "things that we'll never fix" trash bin.

qqqqii In case you have not attempted this yet also search the zen store under the ships & shuttles & search the in-game ship selection for the shuttle. Hopefully it will be there for you.
    velqua wrote: »
    Have the colors been fixed so that we can have the Medical version of the Discovery uniforms? Can't wait for the Discovery Lockbox. If you plan on making the Bear Navigator as a Vanity Pet, please give us Vanity Pet Tab. :)

If there ends-up a Discovery Lock Box including that Tardigrade would be an awesome addition.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    If you have already claimed the shuttle, it will not show up under Promotions. It will show up under Small Craft at a shipyard vendor or look under small craft in the c-store.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • tqbatmantqbatman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    And I just bought myself a shuttlecraft in order to do "The Vault" mission.
    Damn you, TIMING!!!!
  • andromeda981andromeda981 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Have these uniforms been fixed yet?
    Asides from the uniforms having the wrong colours, the variants having no real differences, missing jumpsuits, missing cadet badge and wrong medical colours... The TNG Skant uniform is already broken still. So can we please fix things before we continue pushing them?
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Is this another "please watch our show because no one is subscribing to CBS all access?" Because putting this back out again, when it was just put out a short time ago, is rather odd.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    edited October 2017

I'm pushing for Tardigrade Bridge Officers, personally.

But nobody listens to me. ;)
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Is this another "please watch our show because no one is subscribing to CBS all access?" Because putting this back out again, when it was just put out a short time ago, is rather odd.

Console's getting it for a bit longer than PC did, so we thought we'd let PC have another crack, too.

Console's getting it for a bit longer than PC did, so we thought we'd let PC have another crack, too.

It might be redundant for many of us pc players but the inclusion as a "just in case" among the console players is generous. Also, your tardigrade BOFF idea is hillarious. I suppose it would probably be an Engineer since it is a navigator. Elsewhere in the forums it had been discussed about a tardigrade pet, combat &/or non-combat, seemingly would be welcomed into STO too.

• paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Is this another "please watch our show because no one is subscribing to CBS all access?"

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Almost Doubled CBS All Access Mobile Subscription Revenue

Fairly clear there are quite a lot of people subscribing.

Netflix has 128 million subscribers while Hulu has almost 13 million. CBS All Access has 1.5 million and that was for the start of the first new Star Trek series since Enterprise ended in 2005. So yes, people have subscribed to watch Star Trek Discovery. Time will tell whether the show carries the channel.

I don't like or dislike the show as I have never watched it. My comment was on why were these uniforms being introduced again and I speculated it was to 'drum' up attention for the show. However the Ambassador has spoken and my question has been answered.

Slainte.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

It might be redundant for many of us pc players but the inclusion as a "just in case" among the console players is generous. Also, your tardigrade BOFF idea is hillarious. I suppose it would probably be an Engineer since it is a navigator. Elsewhere in the forums it had been discussed about a tardigrade pet, combat &/or non-combat, seemingly would be welcomed into STO too.

The tardigrade was originally going to be a bridge Officer on Discovery. They have old scripts with it having dialogue
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Thank you for the redo for any accounts that missed it. I know I'd appreciate it if I had a second chance at something (claimed this one the first time around).
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
    Tardigrade left to be in the grim and gritty reboot of TJ Hooker
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    This thread feels terribly familiar. Am I trapped in a Chronic Hysteresis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNToDVk0Ajk
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Any chance we could get a couple of the other "limited time only" uniforms that didn't get a second run now that this came back as well? Like the Kelvin Admiral uniform and the Kobali one?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I don't remember getting the TRIBBLE Uni's but I see they are there in my Tailor.
    I do remember getting the Shuttle though.

As far as TRIBBLE goes...
    I'm doing the "naughty" to watch the show, there's no way in hell I'm paying for another service.
    I already have Netflix and they just raised their prices, so CBS is outta luck.

I have enjoyed certain aspects of it so far, but I dislike to no end that they have change stuff "just becaue they can".

THAT WAS NOT A D-7 !!!

:#
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Everyone changes things because they can. That’s the main reason we have ridge headed Klingons and not white guys wearing shoe polish. They changed things in TMP because the could. The Klingon’s culture got changed to Viking samurai bikers because they could.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Doubtful since this is the first time people on console have access to it
    Your pain runs deep.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User

I'm of two minds on this.

On the one hand, it might pave the way for more non-humanoid bridge officers to become available.

On the other, the tardigrade is invulnerable. That's kinda OP.