test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question about end game.

geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
edited October 2017 in The Academy
Considering the queues are dead (from what I've been reading and not being able to get into one), what's some other ways to finishreputations, get R&D Material, or dilithium?
banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
Post edited by geoff484 on

Comments

• usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Accolades (trying to get as many as you can), exploring obscure maps (I like mountain climbing on new Romulus and Kobali), fleet building (hosting events, drawings), and PVP in Ker'rat and Competetive Queues. Don't forget space barbies. You just dress up all flashy and try to get looks outside ESD.
  • geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Accolades (trying to get as many as you can), exploring obscure maps (I like mountain climbing on new Romulus and Kobali), fleet building (hosting events, drawings), and PVP in Ker'rat and Competetive Queues. Don't forget space barbies. You just dress up all flashy and try to get looks outside ESD.

Sorry, I didn't word my question correctly.

i was asking if there's some way other than queues to get dilithium, R&D mats, and finishing out the reputations.
    banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    There are battlezones and adventure zones where you can get the necessary marks and elite marks.

Voth Battlezone (Dyson Sphere) - Dyson Marks + Cybernetic Implants

Undine Battlezone (Dyson Sphere) - Undine Marks + Isomorphic Injections

Badlands - You get a choice of Terran Task Force Marks + Terran Gravimetric Inducers. Or Temporal Marks + Chroniton Buffers

Kobali Prime - Specifically "Breaking the Wall" and "With Our Last Breath". Each rewards Delta Marks & Iconian Marks + Ancient Power Cell & Iconian Probe Datacore. The two missions have a 20 hour cooldown before you can get the marks and elite marks again.

New Romulus - New Romulus Marks.

Nukara Prime - Nukara Marks. However, Crystalline Catastrophe is still a pretty active queue.

Defera - Omega Marks + Borg Neural Processors. However, some Borg queue are still active. The best example is ISA (Infected: The Conduit).

Tzenkethi Battlezone - Not a very popular battlezone; considered to be broken. I have not played this battlezone yet. Lukari Marks + Protomatter Microcontainer
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    R&D Materials...

1. Play the queue missions to get the R&D reward boxes. You need to play the advanced queue to get very rare R&D mats.
    2. Do the Admiralty System missions (ship cards). Some of the mission rewards R&D mats and upon critical success can reward very rare mats and a small chance to get Salvaged Technology which could only be obtained by playing Elite difficulty queue missions before the Admiralty System existed.
    3. Exploration and Science Doff missions can reward up to rare R&D mats.
    4. Mining for Dilithium
    5. Scanning nodes

Dilithium...

The best way to get a lot of Dilithium relatively quickly is to play the Voth (ground) Battlezone. Once you unlock the hourly mission and daily missions (3), you can queue up all the missions at once. Geared up properly, with some experience playing this battlezone and a good strategy as well a lot of others players who are not simply "AFK'ing" until the final boss battle, it is possible to grind out around 16k Dilithium in the 1st hour. Though that also requires a bit of luck and having the Ice Boots from the Winter Wonderland Event.

My Voth Ground Battlezone Boffs & Gear for all my characters regardless of class. It is best to upgrade everything to Mk XIV.

- Science Boff - Medical Tricoder I & II, Cold Fusion Flash III (purchased from Exchange; probably around 3m to 4m EC); Hyperonic Radiation II
    - Engineering Boff - Sabotage I (purchase from Exchange ~400k EC), Chroniton Mine Barrier II, Quantum Mortar I, Explosive Drone Fabrication III (~ 1m EC).

Armor for Boffs - Na'Khul Operative Armor - From "The Temporal Front" mission in Future Proof story arc
    Shield for Boffs - Na'Khul Operative Armor - From "The Temporal Front" mission in Future Proof story arc
    Set bonus = +2% Critical Chance, +30% Critical Severity

Kit Frame for character - Romulan Imperial Navy Kit Frame - From "Uneasy Allies" in Iconian War story arc
    - (+20% plasma damage by default)
    Armor for character - Romulan Imperial Navy Armor - From "Uneasy Allies" in Iconian War story arc
    - (secondary energy attack does +50% damage)
    Shield for character - Na'Khul Operative Armor - From "The Temporal Front" mission in Future Proof story arc
    Set bonus = +10% Energy Damage Resistance when aiming, +30% Critical Severity when crouching

Primary Weapon for everyone - Plasma Wide Beam Rife. Purchase the Mk I version from the Romulan vendor in the Dyson Sphere (New Romulus / Romulan Flotilla if you are Romulan) and upgrade to Mk XIV. Very rare quality will be fine, epic quality would be... well... epic.