test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for the Miracle Worker Specialization!

Please use this thread to post any feedback or issues found with the Miracle Worker Specialization!
  • Primary Specialization: Miracle Worker
    1. Miracle Workers lean heavily on healing and weapon enhancing abilities, belying their roots as an engineering-heavy specialization.
    2. Miracle Worker is a Primary Specialization, but Captains may instead choose to slot it as a Secondary to benefit from the first 15 abilities offered.
    3. Abilities may be purchased in this Specialization even while it is inactive.
    4. With the introduction of a new Primary Specialization, we are also increasing the cap on Specialization Points up to a new max of 180.
      1. Players that exceed this amount will instead receive Dilithium Ore if the current Specialization XP is maxxed out.
      Please visit the blog for more details!
  • Miracle Worker Bridge Officer Specialization
    1. Advancing in the Miracle Worker Specialization will grant captains the ability to add the Miracle Worker Specialization to any existing Bridge Officers, through the creation of Specialization Qualifications.
    2. Please visit the blog for more details!

Comments

• Options
    electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I thought I was gonna be worried about Exceed Rated Limits being the over powered power. The issue power for me now is Mixed Armament Synergies. One torpedo, one turret, the rest arrays and even though it lasts for 10 seconds, You are looking at +100% damage for your arrays and torpedo with MAS III(Cmdr.) or +60% with MAS I(Lt). Now, I only have Highly Specialized for Miracle Worker cooldown so I do not know what else will be offered do help keep it at max cooldown, But I suspect this power is ripe for DPS abuse.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    While I only did limited testing as an Engineer with heals I couldn’t see anything useful in Miracle Worker compared to the other specializations. Miracle Worker made both my damage output and tanking/healing weaker on the ground and offered nothing noticeable in space.

The two problems for me is I use few active heals being geared into the passive ones so the bonus healing is not triggered, Miracle Worker spec doesn't do much for Engineers tankers built into passive shield regen and/or passive hull regen.

The few active heals I have are not being boosted, at the point I use an active heal half the time the crit healing bonus time has hit zero so no bonus healing. I don't heal on a crit hit as often that's a waste, I only heal under 40% hull as anything over that causes an overheal which get wasted. Unless the crit hit happens within 10seconds of being at around 40% which often it doesn't the heals often go out without any boost. Plus while Rally Point Marker is my active heal I am not sure it’s getting any benefit. At least I have not noticed a buff but due to brief testing perhaps I missed the buff?

Unless there is a big change I am going ignore this and stick to Temporal Operative with Commando for my healing/tanking Engineer. But I will do more testing on Sunday as my brief testing could well have overlooked something.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    How about upscaling the players threat level with each point spent into the new spec tree considerably?

That way the concept of “taking” in PvE could be pursued more easily without the danger that non-tank players exploiting anything of the sort for DPS purposes as the new tree can’t compete with what we other trees offer in that regard.

An increase in threat levels would also have no negative consequences for PvP.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Testing solo as I cannot find any other players so I am unclear on something. I am assuming active means my character makes use of an active click power. As an engineering-heavy healer 90% of my ground heals are passive or do not count as coming from me for example on the ground I am geared into Engineering Medical field and Shield Reinforcement to heal the team. My traits are Coalition Squad Tactics to heal the team. For kit powers I use the healing drone and it’s the drone healing the team not me, same for the healing generators the healing comes from the generators not myself. The way I am reading Miracle Worker Specialization is that none of my team heals count as active so a lot of the Miracle Worker boosts are not boosting my team healing.

Throw Out the Manual how does this work in an AoE effect? Say I hit 4 team mates is that 10% per target, 10% per heal tick, does it work with my passive stuff like healing drones, Medical field and Shield Reinforcement?
    Fix 'Em 'Up is worded differently it says Activating any Heal will increase. But a large amount of healing Engineers do not use active heals. In space I use Rally Marker which isn’t an active heal coming from me, on ground none of the heals I use are activated and the active ones are not classed as coming from me.

Now I didn’t test in a team due to limited time and not finding anyone so please correct me if I have misunderstood this. But as a engineering-heavy healer I feel like this engineering-heavy specialization is offering no noticeable benefit to my team healing. Perhaps I have misunderstood this, I will try and test again sunaday. Perhaps I can find another player then.
  • Options
    snicketysnicksnicketysnick Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Done a bit more testing this morning.

First on the list, Regenerative Nanite Canister does not appear to activate the various heal bonuses on the ground (temp hp, +crit and so on) This is bad as it's one of the suggested ways that Engineers can gain an Active heal to use with the Spec. The other one, in the form of Chronoplasty from Temp Op does work.

More importantly, having tested to see if Rally Cry works with the ground aspects of the Specialization (it does) this means that Engineering Captains are the only ones who cannot benefit from the Spec on the ground, using their basic kit modules. All other Specs have had at least some benefit without completely retooling what you are using kitwise and have been usable with the standard issue modules. To move away from that is a mistake I feel. Moreso when the Spec itself does not provide an alternative at this time.

Combined with the presumed bug above, Engineers will gain very little benefit on the ground without equipment outside the spec itself or esoteric lockbox modules. The suggestion in the patchnotes thread that Hyposprays are a viable alternative is hilarious.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I do think Give Her All She's Got and Back in the Fight are weak (like most spec actives) compared to Intel Fleet and Precision Offensive. They last 10s compared to 30s for IF and PO, with the same 5 minute cooldown. I'd increase the duration, or drop the CD to 2-3 minutes.

The Command equivalent only lasts 4s (which is a bit low) but it has a much shorter 90s CD. The Temporal equivalent works differently, not being an active power, but it can trigger every 3 minutes. The Pilot one has the same problem of lasting 10s with a 5 minute CD.

Logic Bomb kit modules are listed in the dil store twice, fourth in the list and then last in the list. The list isn't alphabetized correctly, either.

The animation for Throw Regenerative Nanite Canister seems wonky. For me it does the throwing animation three times, actually throwing it the on the second one, when I have an ally (not self) targeted. I don't really play a tac with grenades so I don't know if they do the same.

Visor Emulation Overlay says its crit hit chance decreases with distance but it isn't clear what that distance is. And it feels like it needs something... more. Logic Bomb seems like something that should be thrown like a grenade rather than a PBAoE centered on you. It also feels like it needs a little something more against non-electronic foes, maybe a higher chance of the weapons disable than 10%, or even a chance to disable their shields, too.
    Post edited by futurepastnow on
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Through testing I have noticed that Exceed Rated Limits was locking out Fire At Will and Beam Overload. Just curious, is this an intentional thing or is this bugged?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    Through testing I have noticed that Exceed Rated Limits was locking out Fire At Will and Beam Overload. Just curious, is this an intentional thing or is this bugged?

its an weapon fire mode, like surgical strikes or the ones from command/pilot. they all lock out other fire modes like faw.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    Suppression Barrage doesn't, but it's functionally more like an attack pattern I suppose.
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    Suppression Barrage doesn't, but it's functionally more like an attack pattern I suppose.

yea thats true, supression barrage could be used together with faw, attack patterns etc. my bad to write it in there. but surgical strikes and the pilot haste thing still count :)
  • Options
    haplo013haplo013 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I have spent 21 levels on Miracle Worker but the Specialization Qualification - Miracle Worker is not showing up.