test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Discovery Uniforms

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I wonder if this uniform will be in the c-store after the promotion ends. If not, then I can't wait for the complaint threads that will inevitably pop up.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    The coloured part on the shoulder doesn't extend past the shoulder stripes according to this.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I just wish they had enabled the fleet patch to be used on it.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    anyone know if they have to be claimed by each char or just claimed once per acct?

It answers this in the C-Store. They are account unlocks.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Is anyone else having issues with color bleedthrough on the shoulders? Specifically, the braiding over the shoulder and down the sides? On mine, the second color (the one for the shoulders) is bleeding onto the metallic spots, tinting them
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • ds79ds79 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I know it's free stuff but it looks like they made it in a hurry. Colors... No Commander science badge...

And a total mess on 23rd century toons. I have two. On one only the captain and one bridge officer have badges (any Discovery badges). On the other one there are no Discovery badges. The top , bottom , boots are there but no badges.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Hmm. Need to recolour my main part as they went black automatically.
    One note I have is my male boff has no discovery badges at all?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    Hmm. Need to recolour my main part as they went black automatically.
    One note I have is my male boff has no discovery badges at all?

Mine either.

DS79 already said it, but it looks like they were done in a hurry. I've a feeling there will be a patch to fix it sometime soon, as long as the devs know about it.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Thank you for the costume !
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    If you're missing badges, make sure you've promoted your BOFFs. I had the same issue with some of mine, and realized that they hadn't been promoted. Badges then showed up in the Tailor.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    And a Galaxy interior - for 2000 Zen pig-16.gifpig-24.gif​​

And it's not a pack. No additional weapons, or shuttles, or uniforms like in the DS9 and TOS pack. That price is a little bit excessive.

Anyway thanks for the free Discovery uniforms. I hope Cryptic has some additional surprises planned for when the show premiers on Netflix, like the USS Shenzhou, Europa or even Discovery :D Can't wait.

Not exactly free, it is an illusion, they are offsetting its cost making the uniform by charging 2000 zen for a BUNDLE'LESS Interior. Only difference, Interior is an optional purchase. Grave injustice towards TNG fans, as the Voyager bundle done better, heck not even the Skant uniform wasn't included with the Interior.

TNG Bundle should have included; All Tier Galaxy class ships, all TNG uniforms (Including the uni-sex Skant), TNG shuttles & weapon packs, and heck throw in a either a TNG Georgdi, Troi, Worf, Wesley, Riker, or Crusher Boff or Doff pack. Oh, and do not forget a TNG shuttle.

Now that would be an EPIC 30th Anniversary Bundle pack. Sure the price would be slightly higher, but well worth it.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    Uniform looks great. Thanks a lot :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am probably never going to use them due to disinterest, but now I also hear that they were rushed and aren't perfect.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    hi just got the new Star Trek Discovery uniforms and like them a lot but I'm having trouble trying to get the colors right not sure which Blue to use for the uniforms
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    A thought occurred to me earlier, these uniforms could actually work pretty well as TOS era MACO uniforms if you wanted to do that.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I just hope some of the ships make it into the game, Just NOT the Discovery! That thing is UGLY!

The vile E*******r is in game so any other ship in the franchise is fair game.

Besides the Discovery is their new Flagship ship for the franchise, show and brand, it will be in the game and I hope it makes you cry.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Not sure about the maruader boff reward but I know the KDF-Kobali don't have access to discovery badges but has access to the rest of the uniform parts and I know all of my BOFF's are capped rank
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the freebie. Boo! for placing what should be a free update to Galaxy owners behind a 2000 Zen paywall. Yeah I think you should have done this the other way around with the Galaxy bridge being the freebie and Discovery uniforms behind the paywall. After all CBS needs every dime it can get to pay for Discovery and repay Netflix for thier investment.
    Post edited by ssbn655 on
  • kylethetruekylethetrue Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Have they given out a guide for the Discovery uniform colors yet?
    "Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
    -3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Thread: WHICH BLUE COLOR TO USE FOR DISCOVERY UNIFORMS? @jim625
    Thread: DISCOVERY UNIFORM COLORS? @kylethetrue

tUxKHgA.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Looks as if all factions can use the Discovry boots.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    baddmoonrizin: Apologies.. I did not see this thread or I would have posted in it

my only issue with the discover uni is that there is no skirt version. Drummond's girls wear skirts
    Spock.jpg

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Have they given out a guide for the Discovery uniform colors yet?

The info is in this tread, too, just go back a page or two.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    I was right - recoloring this outfit makes it right smart. I went with a dark gray, almost black, for the tunic and pants, with color patches in the divisional color; the Captain gets gold on his shoulder rings and pants stripe, everyone else goes dark. I added the Odyssey belt, as I don't have the Jupiter (which does look pretty cool in one of the earlier images) - again, the Captain gets a gold buckle, while everyone else gets gold trim. I also used the Future Variant combadge, because I like it better.

It came out so well, I think I'll make that my default uniform for all my toons.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • brianduselbriandusel Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    jim625 wrote: »
    hi just got the new Star Trek Discovery uniforms and like them a lot but I'm having trouble trying to get the colors right not sure which Blue to use for the uniforms
    I used B24 for the blue. Most I've seen are using B18, but that looks too purple to me.
  • brianduselbriandusel Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Thanks for the freebie. Boo! for placing what should be a free update to Galaxy owners behind a 2000 Zen paywall. Yeah I think you should hav edone this the other way around with the Glaxy bridge being the freebie and Discovery uniforms behind the paywall. After CBS needs every dime it can get to pay for Discovery and repay Netflix for thier investment.

The show is what Netflix paid for. There is no repayment to them. Netflix having the distribution rights outside the U.S. that is all they paid for, but they paid quite a bit, so hopefully the reception of fans will be good. But one thing I like to remember is that most the ST series don't get great until S2 or after. Think of TNG, S3 is when it picked up. S4 for DS9, S2 for Enterprise or Voyager. So, don't instant hate if you don't like the Pilot.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    If you're missing badges, make sure you've promoted your BOFFs. I had the same issue with some of mine, and realized that they hadn't been promoted. Badges then showed up in the Tailor.

Promotion did fix badge issue for me. Thank you.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    One of my character picked up the TRIBBLE and then I realized the others got it too. None had protection at the time. Being the 25th century, there has to be a treatment right?