test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DEVs - Kobali Crisis - why oh WHY are these unskippable?!?

2»

Comments

• hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Ye gods, do I ever not care about the moral implications of the kobali story arc. I'm just up to 16 toons now, and I don't want to do the "crisis" just to move past the Delta season every friggin time.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    So... just because of the stasis pods, which the Vaadwaur did NOT negotiate for at all... you condone genocide? And as for Keten... how do we know that EVERY functional pod was occupied?

The Vaadwaur are not the heroes in this story. They're still the bad guys out to destroy an entire species. The whole mess could have been avoided if the Vaadwaur were not trigger happy warmongers. Pretty sure the Kobali could have released them if the Vaadwaur had approached them diplomatically rather than with instant invasion and attempted Genocide, both by conventional means as well as a bioweapon (That the player destroyed).
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'Morals are for men, not Gods'

Just finished my nightly run on Kobali Prime of 'Breaking the Wall' and 'With our Last Breath'. Solo again. Plasma Repeater Pistol and Cold Fusion Flash and other Cold Modules. Slaughtered them by the dozens. Much easier now that the APCs, IDPs, Delta Marks, and Iconian Marks are awarded in one run through.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Wait... we don't have to choose anymore? Sweet.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I'm not going to comment on the morality or ethics of the Kobali (I will say that I disagree with them).

To get the thread back on track, the Kobali adventure zone is freaking awful and I hate having to go back there every time I play a new character.

And even if people disagree, which is fair, even if I don't see how they can enjoy that kind of torture, there's still no good reason why the missions can't be skipped, considering that almost every mission in the game can be skipped (Minus the 5 second long dialogue boxes).
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    I just shut this down the other day, and here we are again, starting it back up.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.