test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Screenshots Credits Issues

Hello. I am wondering how the loading screens are made. I thought that each screenshot would have the credits on top as a single image to use within the loading screen. But having seen the same image with different credits i now wonder how accurate the credits are.

Here's an album i just made with the same image but with 4 different people credited.

I will probably never know who these people are but its seems that many people take pride in being showcased for something.

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It's more of a loading problem.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Hello. I am wondering how the loading screens are made. I thought that each screenshot would have the credits on top as a single image to use within the loading screen. But having seen the same image with different credits i now wonder how accurate the credits are.

Here's an album i just made with the same image but with 4 different people credited.

I will probably never know who these people are but its seems that many people take pride in being showcased for something.

Alts? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    cryptic should adjust the watermark for the names and include all of them in a list on the top right corner of the screenshot in the loading screen, this way everyone who should be credited, is credited.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The issue is with the name overlay or whatever it is not loading in time with the actual pictures.
    I've got a screenshot in that mix and I've seen it load with other people's names on it a few times.

Just more of that lovely STO lag working it's magic.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Lag makes no sense..

Why wouldn't they just print the name of the credited player on the actual image that's being displayed? Why display the screenshot and then load the author name as a separate overlay? Just make it all one image.. problem solved.

I don't get why they would do it that way, even when it works it's just one more unnecessary thing to load.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Who knows? Honestly half the things with the game are all TRIBBLE-backwards most of the time anyway. Not a surprise that something seemingly simple like this is ridiculously complex.
    SulMatuul.png