test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some idea's for new GPL items from both the Risian & Ferengi GPL vendor.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
ltminns wrote: »
The compulsion for them to create stuff for the Dilitium Store is too great for them to overcome.

Of course, nerfing GPL rewards may just be the precursor for them to put stuff in the GPL Store. Don't want to make it too easy to pick up stuff there.

Yea I'd have no problem if they NERF'd the GPL you could earn in Ferengi Admiralty by even as much as 20-30% as long as they expanded the options to get some new Novelty rewards.

Sadly thought a Romulan Captain still can't display Trophies on Ship Interior's - be nice to add options for Romulan Ship's Bar's but certainly at the very least their Captain's Ready Room & Quarters. Expand Captain's personal spaces regardless of factions ships to include GPL trophies but other trophies to Musical Instruments, Furniture, Special Rug's, Paintings, or items to show a Captain's personality.

Everyone (Actors) on the Enterprise hated the fish Picard had in his Ready room, and it wasn't until like almost season 5 they were finally removed. Riker had a Musical Instrument prominently displayed, while Worf had some other things.
  1. Expand GPL Items on Risa perhaps for a few Ferengi / Cardassian Tailor (DS9 Quark & Garak) Inspired Fashions in the 70,000 - 225,000 range for Offduty Hats, Shorts, Shirts, Scarves, Pants, and Footwear.
  2. Ferengi GPL trader's could expand Club Wear to reintroduce the previously awarded club wear fashion in addition to the existing one at 250,000 GPL. Possibly even add 1 or 2 more customizable club fashions for at 375,000 or 450,000 GPL level.
  3. Ferengi GPL trader could expand an alternate method to acquire both starship and character emotes for a modest fee of course - that might be earned in other ways through the game or events. A bid of 150,000 - 300,000 GPL depending on the item might inspire some Ferengi to bribe officials successfully. :)
  4. Ferengi GPL trader to offer furniture or personal items to expand options for Captain's Ready Room or Personal Quarters such as Rugs, new Painting options, Musical Instruments or changing Furniture.
  5. Ferengi GPL trader could even consider a few items at the 1 million or more GPL mark in a new category. A few items to evoke a similar reaction to Quark almost fainting when he heard someone bid over a million bars at Auction for an item Picard's Girlfriend found while out with Q when before she found herself on DS9. Perhaps a choice 1 of 3 newly designed and more modernized Faction Captain's Ready Room's that would allow you to custom place other varied unique items at different locations. :)

Surely they can even think of few useful items to expand the Novelty GPL items even if we see the amount earned in GPL from Ferengi Admiralty nerfed a bit. o:)
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    strathkin wrote: »
    A few items to evoke a similar reaction to Quark almost fainting when he heard someone bid over a million bars at Auction for an item Picard's Girlfriend found while out with Q when before she found herself on DS9.

The guy who bid 1 mil... was Q himself. Wasn't some random guy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Still I hope the rumor's are true they are considering expanding the available options for GPL... and yes even some items in the 1 million+ category even if it's 1 of 3 modernized & redesigned Captain Ready Room, Quarter's or 10 forward's for use on Faction Starships.

Think a million GPL should cover the redesign work. <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • hillard1959hillard1959 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Isengard bids five.

(Sorry. I know. I had to.)

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    LOTRO reference.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    1w2dyh.jpg

XD Teachers got that alert button under their desks. :D

Anyhow, I am all for GPL expansions. :)

~Continues building mini pyramids from GPL at the moment~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Independent thinking is an exploit. >:)
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    As a player who forgets that dabo is available (I have a Nandi), I was shocked at the amount of GPL generated by completing the Ferengi admiralty plus two tours. So... I would like to bid two (2) million GPL for a tutorial that would have helped me complete today's Endeavor. I don't even play that content on Normal because I don't know how. Don't know how to communicate with the other players, don't know when to zig or zag, stop or zoom. Ferengi are big holodeck fans it seems. How about a holodeck program to learn STFs. Two million may not be enough but I have to ask.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just Queue for Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced and don't get blown up at the discharges (move beyond 10 km). Endeavor done.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    ~Continues building mini pyramids from GPL at the moment~

Heh... I'm not building a mini pyramid. I'm working on a replica of the Great Pyramids of Giza. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2017
    Yea many of my toons have the Latinum Ingots & Pile the two larger trophies. Sadly my romulan's even have the trophies but are unable to display them this should be expanded not limited.

I'm suggesting allowing the trophy mechanic that exists today to allow more items to be customized in all faction captain's Captain's Ready Room, Quarters or Ten Forward. They wouldn't look like a Trophy but extend to Paintings on Walls, Small Artifacts or Book Collections on Shelves, possibly extend to Native/Cultural or Musical Instruments on Floor to so many other possibilities to allow the Captain to express his personal style.

It also be nice if the ship tailor as allowed at least an option to change flooring or wall color's and textures at Ship Tailor to a limited color palette / pattern for each faction based on interior slotted.

I'd love to see a whole new set of Faction interior's but that would take considerable more work for the art department.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    A GPL store update seems appropriate.

Most folks aren't too picky, something simple like dance or gesture emotes would be sufficient.
    /channel_join grind
    Well as of 10/3 they nerfing GPL by 80% and so you won't see 1 to 3 projects typically offering 8-65k in GPL. Eighty percent will instead be revised to reward Energy Credit's. While it's a lot bigger NERF than I expected I hope they are still working on EXPANDING the reward's you can obtain with GPL.

Apparently they spoke of expanding the reward's on one livestream but don't know if it's coming with Season 14 or possibly 14.5 or later as they indicated they couldn't get it in for season 13.5.

Still I'm surprised when they designed Ferengi Admiralty why they made the reward's so high that they required a 80% nerf down the road if they did any play testing with it... One can only hope we see some expanded reward's beside holograms.
    0zxlclk.png
    Yea that is my worry as well. Still it's been ages that people have been collecting GPL via different mean's and I thought someone mentioned on one live stream they had talked about expanding the reward.

I heard they also didn't want people being able to collect it too fast - well the 80% nerf certainly takes care of that part.

Hopefully we'll see a few decent items added at some point. You'd think more care would have gone into introducing a Admiralty campaign that gives GPL without consider how quickly it could be earned or even expanding some of the reward.

The GPL reward's haven't really been expanded at all with the exception of the revised club outfit's that came out 2-3 years ago fro 250,000 GPL but other than that not much new in 5+ years. :'(
    0zxlclk.png
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Ferengi GPL trader to offer furniture or personal items to expand options for Captain's Ready Room or Personal Quarters such as Rugs, new Painting options, Musical Instruments or changing Furniture.
    If a PS2/XBox-era game - Scarface: The World is Yours - could offer that as a feature, then hoping that STO would take inspiration from the likes of SWTOR and FF14 in terms of personal housing does not seem to me unreasonable. A good first step in that direction would be renovating current ship interiors up to par - specifically, adding ready rooms where appropriate, and making these more customizable. Do that, and offer a range of furniture and decorations for GPL, and said trader will find themselves with no shortage of business.

On a related note, revamping ready rooms (and ultimately implementing player housing) means that many existing accolades could have decoration rewards added to them. For example, getting all three Tholian 'headhunter' accolades (reference) would net you a couple of Tarantula replicas (one suitable for wall shelves, the other a larger free-standing 'statue' as well as matching space and ground non-combat pets.

And GPL would, I also imagine, be readily forked over for vanity items, as noted. A good example, as I have noted elsewhere, would be the tailor unlocks normally associated with lobi armor. Some of those are very nice, but currently priced out of any sane realm (on which note, I still haven't forgiven whoever thought that millions of dilithium for a single-character aesthetic unlock was a good idea).

Also, if weapon reskinning (reference) is implemented, the GPL vendor could also offer certain special models for sale... for example, the Thompson SMG (actually two models: the variant with the drum magazine and foregrip seen in ST: First Contact, and the M1A1 as used by the US Army).
    Yea I really like the idea of them using GPL to unlock more furtuniture, artifacts, trophies, musical instruments, cultural items than could be at least placed in more places in a revamped slighter larger ready room, captain's quarters or ten forward. I'd love it if they modernized the 3 faction ship interiors a bit but it also be nice if you could update the carpet texture, wall textures on the various decks or bridge as well or even place carpets or rugs in more personal spaces.
    0zxlclk.png
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Isengard bids five.

(Sorry. I know. I had to.)

I laughed harder than I should have at that XD

Anyway, ya I'd also love to see more uses for GPL. I recently tried the lame Romulan/Reman entourage from the New Romulus rep and think that maybe have them cost only GPL and maybe add a few more variants for other rep.