What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Allied Flight Deck Cruisers Stats!

2»

Comments

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    That 15k damage cap on the fighters is a real pity. They had a real chance to punish BFAW spam, but 15k(even assuming the best case scenario of x6).. is such a small threshold that it's almost irrelevant. On paper, against a single target, it might sound reasonable, but in the swarming mess of the typical space encounters of STO.. 15k sporadically distributed among that many targets is not useful. As it stands, I just don't see them being competitive with other fighter options.

I feel they should be tuned into one of two ways(both without a damage threshold):
    1.) A short duration 100% energy damage reflect with a longer cooldown. (making the activation of their ability feel more like a 'power move' akin to fighters armed with Beam Overload)
    2.) Near permanent uptime, but with a 10-30%(per quality grade) damage reflect.

As for the ships themselves.. They just feel a bit.. underwhelming. The turn rate of 9 is impressive for an FDC, and certainly helps the 5/3 weapon layout. However, when I think FDC in this game, I don't think 'weapon platform' - I think swiss army knife of support options. With this layout, they're competing with "battlecruiser"s instead of the science-heavy versatility of their predecessors. Those 2 Science consoles really cripple the ship from being able to do anything other than be a gunship - which the game is flooded with at the moment. Furthermore, they don't really have the tools to maximize that 5-fore weapon layout(no weapon frequency to mitigate the drain, nor Intel's OSS to front-load weapon power).

I don't think the ships are bad by any means(it's basically a hybrid between a Battlecruiser and Tactical Command Battlecruiser - without weapon frequency), but they do come across as a slightly mediocre addition of.. "more of the same".
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Suliban little Cell ships!!!.... little cell ships!!!...... little and cute cell ships!!!!!!!!!!, i'm ok now...

I'm not a big fan of the look of the Suliban Flight Deck Cruiser itself, or the ship's stats...but yeah, the thought of having a squadron of little Suliban cell ships did almost make me reconsider my purchasing decisions. :D
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Doesn't really help that we're getting a Sulliban ship and with how shafted I feel that they refuse to give RR a new race, especially when Suliban would fit them so well.

I'm not sure how much anyone from Cryptic marketing actually pays attention to these threads, but I'd definitely spend Zen on unlocking Suliban as a playable race for the Republic, or even a purchasable Suliban Boff for Republic commanders.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I've been waiting quite a while for a Tac oriented Orion ship. :)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Speaking of the Suliban, I really hoped they would've been added to the species available to the Romulan faction, esp. with their appearance in the Romulan tutorial.

I'd also would like to see Cardasians added to Star Fleet/Federation and Alpha Quadrant Jem'Hadar (at the very least available, being warrior-orientated in the first place) to the Klingons.

But I know that's just wishful thinking :smiley:
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    How about making those shuttles playable small craft?

The Suliban mini-ships have poor legroom....
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    *smashes through the door*

T6 ORION FDC!?!?!?!?!

...Oh, it's Eng/Tac.

Disappointing after all that time I spent getting used to Eng/Sci for Orions, but not a deal breaker for the ship as a whole. I may well drop cash on this one.

The other two are less interesting. Never was fond of Tellarites. And not having playable Suliban makes a Suliban ship vastly less tempting than it normally would be.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Suliban little Cell ships!!!.... little cell ships!!!...... little and cute cell ships!!!!!!!!!!, i'm ok now...
    I'm not a big fan of the look of the Suliban Flight Deck Cruiser itself, or the ship's stats...but yeah, the thought of having a squadron of little Suliban cell ships did almost make me reconsider my purchasing decisions. :D
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Doesn't really help that we're getting a Sulliban ship and with how shafted I feel that they refuse to give RR a new race, especially when Suliban would fit them so well.
    I'm not sure how much anyone from Cryptic marketing actually pays attention to these threads, but I'd definitely spend Zen on unlocking Suliban as a playable race for the Republic, or even a purchasable Suliban Boff for Republic commanders.
    I have sometimes wondered if maybe Satra was originally planned to be a Suliban.... I mean you pick her up at a Suliban space station....

Also there was a point on Tribble where you could make aliens look like Suliban. I kinda think the Devs did originally plan them to be playable, then decided to leave them out for story reasons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Suiliban ships seems nice, maybe i get the fleet version direct after all the starship trait and console seems so so. The lack of "weapon system efficiency" is disappointing.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @jexsamx said:
    > *smashes through the door*
    >
    > T6 ORION FDC!?!?!?!?!
    >
    > ...Oh, it's Eng/Tac.
    >
    > Disappointing after all that time I spent getting used to Eng/Sci for Orions, but not a deal breaker for the ship as a whole. I may well drop cash on this one.
    >
    > The other two are less interesting. Never was fond of Tellarites. And not having playable Suliban makes a Suliban ship vastly less tempting than it normally would be.

You can still do some science focused builds with only two sci consoles, like a shield draining build, especially with Elite Orion Taychon Drone equipted.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    @jexsamx said:
    You can still do some science focused builds with only two sci consoles, like a shield draining build, especially with Elite Orion Taychon Drone equipted.

A fair point. The Lt. Cmdr Uni slot also lends it some flexibility, even if its console layout at Fleet-grade doesn't support throwing a Sci Boff in it. I was never one to min/max so I'll probably do it that way whenever I get around to snagging one.
  • Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Speaking of the Suliban, I really hoped they would've been added to the species available to the Romulan faction, esp. with their appearance in the Romulan tutorial.

I'd also would like to see Cardasians added to Star Fleet/Federation and Alpha Quadrant Jem'Hadar (at the very least available, being warrior-orientated in the first place) to the Klingons.

Nope Cardies are supposed to go if at all to the Republic after all the Romulans are the only Faction they had beyond relative good relations too.

Would love to see a resurgence of Cardi Ships with Battle Cloak as in DS9.
    Or something new like a Cross Faction Covert Ops Agency "Emerald Order" anyone?
  • Options
    splitboy wrote: »

Nope Cardies are supposed to go if at all to the Republic after all the Romulans are the only Faction they had beyond relative good relations too.

Let's forget the Federation working with rebuilding of Cardasia, and that the only collaboration between Cardasia and Romulus was a trap set by the Dominion to greatly diminish both Galactic powers.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Those spherical Suliban ships always reminded me of those Training Remotes from Star Wars.
    SPHERES-starwars2.jpg
    Hey, I know it's just a ball and the mind tends to look for similarities, but that's the direction mine goes. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    I always wondered why those things were never used as weapons in SW :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I don't know if other noticed this, but the Suliban FDC got Romulan Warbird Interior - with Singularity Core in Engineering, but it does equip standard Warp Core actually :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Copy/Paste.

'Hey guys we designed a new Romulan Faction ship. Trot out the only interior we have for the Romulans.'

'But this ship doesn't have a Singularity Core!!!'

'No big deal. It's not like we did a custom interior for the expensive single Character unlock Lobi Store NX Refit, don't you know.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I don't know if other noticed this, but the Suliban FDC got Romulan Warbird Interior - with Singularity Core in Engineering, but it does equip standard Warp Core actually :D
    To be fair, the only other option is a freighter bridge and they'd have to make a modified version of it to avoid making the Suliban freighter useless.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Would push the the Suliban sales at least and add real value to the Ship.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Also, most alien bridges in Star Trek are Re-Dresses to begin with. How hard would it have been to re-dress random alien bridges for the Tellarite and Orion ships and call it a day?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I wonder when we'll get some info about the inevitable miracle worker nine pack, I have slightly more interest in that than these ships.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    splitboy wrote: »

Let's forget the Federation working with rebuilding of Cardasia, and that the only collaboration between Cardasia and Romulus was a trap set by the Dominion to greatly diminish both Galactic powers.

Who cares for who tried to outplay Romis and Cardis the only thing that in the end counts is that they managed to co-operate without backstabbing each other at the first possible blink of things going south.