test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think? Beyond the Nexus

1235»

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I do have the T5 version unlocked for my Account. It is the only Federation T5 that can be used by Fed-aligned Romulans.

There is a Fleet T5U available but it will cost 4 Fleet Modules and an Upgrade Token.

Fed allied Romulan's using the Ambassador was a bug that they did eventually fix and then reintroduced when they brought back the account-wide unlock version. Fed aligned Romulan's can't purchase the fleet version of the Ambassador though and still weren't able to do so when the bug was active.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    The longer I play it the more I realize one very positive thing about this episode. Even if it doesn't really fit into the already quite broken-down-into-several-parts storyline of the lukari, we have an episode where the fate of the universe or at least a civilization/government is not at stake. Which every now and then is a nice change of pace.
    Well... there's several starships to save :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @jcsww said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @ltminns said:
    > > Why an Ambassador Class? Maybe a set up for the introduction of a T6 with the Miracle Worker Specialization. Perhaps a T6 Vor'cha as well as well as a Romulan something as part of a Cross-faction Pack.
    > >
    > > Anything is possible.
    >
    > Yes please, would love a T6 Ambassador, beside the Guardian. Gimmie a T6 Kamarag with it and come up with something for Roms or just give them access to the allied ship (much how a Fed allied Rom can claim the T5 Ambassador if you claimed it in the c-store giveaway). No way it's usable but one of my favorite Trek comics featured a late original cast film era Romulan ship, looked like midway between a K'tinga and D'Deridex (said story also featured alternate timeline Worf, father of Mogh, as Science Officer aboard NCC 1701 - A).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am also all for a T6 Ambassador and a T6 Kamarag! Unfortunately, the dev's hate the Ambassador so much, it has never been put up for sale and we will probably never see another. Even when you look at the past event ships in the Phoenix boxes, the Ambassador and Kamarag are not there.

None of the early event ships are in the Phoenix box, no Oddyssey, Bortas, Obelisk, or Ambassador & Kamarag. This is because these ships can be obtained through the fleet shipyard.

I have the Ambassador from the event as well as an account unlock in the C-Store for it when they gave it away. Because they once gave it away as an account unlock, I think it should be put in the Phoenix box. The Bortas and Odyssey are available in premium versions in the C-Store at least. I am not too sure about the space whale though.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Miracle Worker coming up in about 4 Weeks. Engineering type stuff. They talk about Ships with Miracle Worker Seating. Hopefully it is a three-pack Cross-faction and not a nine ship Bundle. If nine, there is no chance for Ambassador/Kamarang.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    This is an excellent Featured Episode. One of the best I've seen in a good long while.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    The longer I play it the more I realize one very positive thing about this episode. Even if it doesn't really fit into the already quite broken-down-into-several-parts storyline of the lukari, we have an episode where the fate of the universe or at least a civilization/government is not at stake. Which every now and then is a nice change of pace.
    Well... there's several starships to save :p

Yes, but we're dealing with a local crisis, not a universal one. Some crisis needs to be, so there's use in our involvement, but we don't always need the highest of stakes to keep the tension. I've seen many a fictional series (mostly books) go outdoing themselves on a regular basis, and at least I lose interest when the enemies become too large too often.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • vlar#5080 vlar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Simply put, I love it.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The whole episode should've just been...

"Hello, I'm Geordie La Forge. And this is the new galaxy interior. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you buy the new interior."

Since that's really all it was about. It makes you feel sorry for Levardis Robert Martyn "LeVar" Burton Jr. to be used in an episode that is little more than "Welcome to the Price is Right. What's your bid on this new galaxy interior."
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    You guys really missed an oppertunity to do something really experimental and exciting by taking us back into the nexus. What did you guys do? You had us sit outside the Nexus and gave us a one act mission that has all the flavor of those boring plot heavy Next Gen episodes that didn't mean anything.

Here's hoping future stories may expand on the throw away bad guy and the nexus. Possibly even with a connection to the Tzenkethi-Lukari(-Kentari) storyline.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Nice Episode enjoyed it
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Well, as I said earlier in the thread, I enjoyed the mission. Sadly though, with the release of Season 14, it seems this mission was removed from the game and can no longer be played. I didn't have all the rewards from the mission yet on some characters and now it appears I never will.

I guess my only question is why was the mission removed? If it was intended to be a limited time mission, it would have been nice to be informed of that ahead of time.

If its removal is a bug, then what has kept it from being put back in with all of the patches since Tuesday?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Well, as I said earlier in the thread, I enjoyed the mission. Sadly though, with the release of Season 14, it seems this mission was removed from the game and can no longer be played. I didn't have all the rewards from the mission yet on some characters and now it appears I never will.

I guess my only question is why was the mission removed? If it was intended to be a limited time mission, it would have been nice to be informed of that ahead of time.

If its removal is a bug, then what has kept it from being put back in with all of the patches since Tuesday?

It wasn't removed. Just misplaced. For Federation characters, it's in the Klingon Arc, just before Temporal Ambassdor. More information about this is showing up here.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1235089/beyond-the-nexus
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What has happened numerous times in the past, when a Featured Episode loses that status, they inevitably take it off for a week before they actually do the work of making it level 60 only and placing it in its correct Arc. Only difference this time seems to be that the Nexus propelled the Episode into an inappropriate Arc.

Nexii will do that to you, don't you know. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Oh, well, if it's just a bug, then fine. I appreciate the quick responses from fellow players.

Still makes no sense as to why it hasn't been fixed these last 3 days though. I mean, we've had patches every day and not one of those could fix this? Yeah yeah, coding and "what should be a simple fix, isn't" and all that. It would still be nice if there were official word about this, even if it were simply to say that it's a known issue.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Okay, so I'm gonna ask a queston here and it's only half serious.

Does anyone else think that La Forge is a hologram? Okay, the serious part is that he sometimes flickers but lacks the blue fading lines of a hologram disguise. Usually right after you finish up a conversation and the dialog box goes down. It doesn't happen every time but it seems to happen right after you beam to the ship and then again as the holodeck goes off and back to being black with yellow graph paper lines.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    You guys really missed an oppertunity to do something really experimental and exciting by taking us back into the nexus. What did you guys do? You had us sit outside the Nexus and gave us a one act mission that has all the flavor of those boring plot heavy Next Gen episodes that didn't mean anything.
    The thing is, the Nexus is supposed to bring to life your desires, and it's unique to everyone, hence why it's very hard to leave.
    So, considering each player character is unique as well, how do you do that?
    That'd mean having the devs design many possibilities for your own version of the Nexus, and even then, some would say that's not what their character desires.

For example, my character has been traumatized by the Iconian War and one of her strongest desires would have been to be able to deliver the World Heart to the Iconians way before she could actually do.
    So, even without creating new assets, it'd probably feature her coming back to ESD where the lead Iconians are discussing with the lead members of the Alliance about the future, or the Iconians peacefully reuniting with the Preservers at the Archives, or Heralds and Allied corps working together to rebuild Iconia.

That's already 3 possibilities for one desire. Imagine the work with thousands of characters' potential desires.

Yes, the devs could have worked on a generic map for your character's fantasies, completed fast before echo-Whoopi Goldberg snaps you out of it, you leave to rescue your ally who could have been anyone: Geordi, Seven, Martok, Worf, or someone else.

But in the end, it'd make your character seem completely bland, with no real desires.

And even if this part could be solved, there would be another problem: the Nexus can send you anywhere in space and time and depending on the version of the mission and your faction, you recently lost your Captain, entered the Klingon War and Romulus was lost a couple of decades ago, throwing the galaxy into chaos. Or just before, Martok lost his grandson, Worf lost his son, and the Fek'Ihri ravaged Qo'noS. Or, your colony got wiped out by the Elachi, Temer died and you got brainwashed by Sela. Or the Iconian and Temporal War just ended with billions dead and you're still fighting the Tzenlethi who have weapons able to render planets dead in an instant.

Yet, you decide to not go back in time to prevent any of this or you go back in time just so the episode doesn't really happen, earning you the criticism people had with Generations Picard when he didn't even choose to save his family or Kirk.

Really, with how the Nexus works and since STO isn't about a specific captain, it's impossible to make a mission in it without bringing much disappointment and several questions about your character's IQ.

EDIT: Also, either the mission is still badly placed in the timeline because the Nexus is supposed to come back in the Milky Way in 2410, based on what Data said in Generations, yet June 2410 only starts a bit before the Breen arc according to the Delta recruitment cutscene and the first storyline (the Klingon War, where Beyond the Nexus now is) happens just after the graduation of the Class of 2409 ; OR Cryptic keeps retconning when 2410 actually starts.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kleenhippiekleenhippie Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Lame... The stories are just getting so lame... If it weren't free and I didn't have so many years invested in this game I'd just pack it in.
    EDIT: Also, either the mission is still badly placed in the timeline because the Nexus is supposed to come back in the Milky Way in 2410, based on what Data said in Generations, yet June 2410 only starts a bit before the Breen arc according to the Delta recruitment cutscene and the first storyline (the Klingon War, where Beyond the Nexus now is) happens just after the graduation of the Class of 2409 ; OR Cryptic keeps retconning when 2410 actually starts.

Yeah it's placement is bad. Since Geordie references the Alliance, which doesn't start to come about until the Borg/Breen arcs. This one may have been better in the Yesterday's War arc. Or placed within the Borg arc.

Though I think it's placement comes from Temporal Ambassador. That way, low level/new players can access the power creep gear about the same time as they get the free ship from Temporal Ambassador.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Yeah it's placement is bad. Since Geordie references the Alliance, which doesn't start to come about until the Borg/Breen arcs. This one may have been better in the Yesterday's War arc. Or placed within the Borg arc.

Though I think it's placement comes from Temporal Ambassador. That way, low level/new players can access the power creep gear about the same time as they get the free ship from Temporal Ambassador.

Agreed. Especially with KDF and RR characters. Since its place in the KDF storyline, as part of "Vigilance", is long before J'mpok declares an end to the Klingon-Federation War in 'Surface Tension', it makes absolutely no sense for Starfleet to request Klingon aid to find a ship in distress (more likely to assume Klingons are why it's in distress) and even less for J'mpok to actually send the aid (unless the true intent is to capture or destroy the damaged vessels), not to mention leaving new players asking what the devil is this 'Alliance' thing of which they speak...

Although, as you said, I like the fact that it starts introducing special equipment earlier in the game, allowing players to begin creating their builds as they progress and getting familiar with them instead of waiting until endgame and bam!...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    trennan wrote: »

Agreed. Especially with KDF and RR characters. Since its place in the KDF storyline, as part of "Vigilance", is long before J'mpok declares an end to the Klingon-Federation War in 'Surface Tension', it makes absolutely no sense for Starfleet to request Klingon aid to find a ship in distress (more likely to assume Klingons are why it's in distress) and even less for J'mpok to actually send the aid (unless the true intent is to capture or destroy the damaged vessels), not to mention leaving new players asking what the devil is this 'Alliance' thing of which they speak...

Although, as you said, I like the fact that it starts introducing special equipment earlier in the game, allowing players to begin creating their builds as they progress and getting familiar with them instead of waiting until endgame and bam!...

Yeah the only reason I thought of the gear part is, my Rom-KDF alien is currently at this episode. Which left me going, "Ok I just got the ships from Temporal Ambassador. Now I'm at Beyond the Nexus. Do I want to go for the gear or just ship it and move as." As it is, between the other episodes and doffing, my character is currently level 31. This is like a level 16 Episode. This is without any experience boosts, not even the sub one, as I'm F2P.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    It doesn't help that "Beyond The Nexus" is symptomatic of a problem throughout the game, something that happens every time a 'Featured Episode' or any new episode gets slotted into the storyline somewhere before the end... Here's another "Vorgon Conclusions" has you remember burying the Tox Uthat on Risa ('Future Proof' arc) at a point before the Breen arc, even on characters that didn't play "Stormbound" during its 'Feature Episode' run.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...