test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question to Development Team, Is there plans to release a T6 Vor'cha ?

ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
Hi there was wondering if we could get some official word if there are plans to release a T6 Vor'cha in the future. Release dates can ofc be kept confidential.

We finally got a T6 Sovereign after a very long wait, but appear to be waiting even longer for the Vor'cha.

Although there is a Fleet Version at T5 i'm surprised there is no official C-Store version so effectively if you are not in a Fleet there is no T5 version.

I'm sure demand is there for this ship esp if you improve upon on the already great Fleet Version (Tor'Khat).

So please give us KDF Players some hope that this classic design that has appeared across TNG to ENT and was once the proud bearer of the title Flagship before the Negh'Var entered service gets it's rightful place in the KDF shipyards.

Thank you
maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.

Comments

• Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I second that if it's not a lockbox, R&D, or some other exceptionally expensive or hard to get gambling box.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm really hoping the reason it's not out yet is cause they are waiting for the new spec.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    We finally got a T6 Sovereign after a very long wait, but appear to be waiting even longer for the Vor'cha.

Also: Nova, Titan, D'kyr, Ambassador, Kumari, Saber, Somraw, and a number of lock box ships. The Vor'cha's a classic KDF cruiser with no usage limitations in the TNG era, there's almost no question that it will be released at some point but the release of any ship is contingent that ship meeting a number of factors. So far the time hasn't been right for it. Maybe the next ENG-focused spec will bring about that time around sooner rather than later but I don't think we're in exceptional circumstances with the Vor'cha.

Unless Cryptic focused on exclusively T6 revamps of canon ships, still waiting on something at this point in STO is inevitable. It just happens to be these examples.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

Titan...

Titan? You referring to the Luna?
    They've confirmed several times that they will not be releasing a t6 vorcha it is the one ship they will not do a t6 of.

Source? I don't remember them saying one way or the other... ever.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    If no tier 6 Vor'cha I might just have to consider a bat'leth to the head to the member of the Cryptic team which stated or made that decision :smile:
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    If no tier 6 Vor'cha I might just have to consider a bat'leth to the head to the member of the Cryptic team which stated or made that decision :smile:

Unfortunately, that will not knock them out of their mindset, either.

I wish the Devs make the T-6 Vor'cha and the T-6 Kamarag just to contradict Patrickngo, for once (or twice). But that is not enough to move them, either.

What we need is more people who play KDF side...and that, I am afraid, is totally day dreaming.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    patrickngo wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

Unfortunately, that will not knock them out of their mindset, either.

I wish the Devs make the T-6 Vor'cha and the T-6 Kamarag just to contradict Patrickngo, for once (or twice). But that is not enough to move them, either.

What we need is more people who play KDF side...and that, I am afraid, is totally day dreaming.

based on prior behaviour patterns, all that would happen if there was an uptick in KDF players, is that the devs would cease work on ANY KDF ships and start releasing Federation ships as solo again until the numbers started to drop.

[the last surge was a few months before Agents of Yesterday].

Hmm... I am divesting myself of the TOS character TODAY.
    Oh what the hell is that going to do other than make me FEEL better. :(

Why are you not writing any more stories, Patrickngo?
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I think they will release it with the new Miracle Worker spec.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

working with Starswordc for the last couple stories, which means I'm writing, but it's with someone else, who's handling editing chores and posting it.

Oh...OK.

Post edited by where2r1 on

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    They've confirmed several times that they will not be releasing a t6 vorcha it is the one ship they will not do a t6 of.

I would love to see your source on that, because I'm pretty sure that was never said.

Good luck with this request OP, getting a straight answer out of Cryptic is almost impossible.. especially under the current regime. Communication with the player base is obviously not a priority.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »

I would love to see your source on that, because I'm pretty sure that was never said.

Good luck with this request OP, getting a straight answer out of Cryptic is almost impossible.. especially under the current regime. Communication with the player base is obviously not a priority.

Source or not, we got a T6 ToS connie before we got the T6 Vorcha. Umm...yeah....

Agreed, that is..

strange.

What could they possibly have against a T6 Vor'cha? I don't get it.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

i haven't seen Trendy on these forums for a long while. In fact PWE/Cryptic communication in general has been confined to official topics for quite a bit from what i can tell. I'm not sure if you are going to see Trendy charging between dev computer booths with a bat'leth on a moveable computer chair to tell you the T6 Vor'cha class is coming to STO through a video before going to find some coffee and some bacon, who knows she could of been out there looking to find an angrytarg to get her bacon.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

i haven't seen Trendy on these forums for a long while. In fact PWE/Cryptic communication in general has been confined to official topics for quite a bit from what i can tell. I'm not sure if you are going to see Trendy charging between dev computer booths with a bat'leth on a moveable computer chair to tell you the T6 Vor'cha class is coming to STO through a video before going to find some coffee and some bacon, who knows she could of been out there looking to find an angrytarg to get her bacon.

Trendy was fired for being an actual Community Manager. One that actually interacted with players.

They first 'promoted' her and replaced her with someone who's idea of being a community manager means little more then posting announcements. Then they let a couple months pass and fired her from her 'new position.'

Now we're back to the way things were before Trendy, no one listens.. no one cares. Just pay your money and be quiet. Tough they do sometimes reply to comments on Reddit, that's the only real chance at getting an answer.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

Trendy was fired for being an actual Community Manager. One that actually interacted with players.

They first 'promoted' her and replaced her with someone who's idea of being a community manager means little more then posting announcements. Then they let a couple months pass and fired her from her 'new position.'

Now we're back to the way things were before Trendy, no one listens.. no one cares. Just pay your money and be quiet.

that explains a great deal, thank you.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Source or not, we got a T6 ToS connie before we got the T6 Vorcha. Umm...yeah....
    Agreed, that is..

strange.

they probably don't actually hate it. It just not at the top of their list of things to build.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    This will get answered at the same time they get around to answering mine: When are we getting faction-specific, 2-bay t6 carriers for Romulans and Klingons?

Never.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    they probably don't actually hate it. It just not at the top of their list of things to build.

Or it is reserved for a special occasion.

T6 Connie / D7 / Rom Bird together with Temporal Powers qualified for quite a successful promotion and probably generated max revenue.

Tier 6 Miracle Worker Galaxy / Vor'cha / D'deridex is likely to be even more successful when new season hits in October. Pack the new Galaxy interior in Lobi store for 900 Lobi and money will flow in Cryptic’s direction big time…
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

I would say "fired" is the wrong term because that usually implies that she was let go due to poor performance. PWE laid off about 30 employees including Trendy.
  • Options

Agreed, that is..

strange.

fundamentally, the Vor'cha was designed by someone who doesn't work at Cryptic anymore, and it's too good, particularly in the stat-block for the T5 Fleet version (The Tor'Kaht), and it's too much of a break from their offerings for the Federation at a similar level of canon. (that is, it has too good a turn rate, too good a seating layout, integrated cloak, a canon ship appearance which counts for a lot in terms of fan-draw, and it can mount dual heavy cannons, which the two canon ships fedside in the same size range and general role simply don't have. The Galaxy lacks turn rate, the Sovereign does as well and lacks an option for mounting cannons forward.)

The combination of these factors creates a problem for a development team that's been committed to shrinking the KDF playerbase since 2012's determination that it is fundamentally unprofitable to develop them.

What makes it further an issue, is that we've got two Galaxy-class variants as well as 2 Sovereigns at Tier six now, including solo releases (releases without a parallel release for the other factions).

basically, Cryptic's standing policy is to use the same stat-block, except in cases where a gimping can be conveniently applied to KDF, on all 3 pack ship releases. (either it's going to be identical, or it's going to be fundamentally worse).

Making a Tier six that is inferior to the Tier 5 or Tier 5 Fleet version is a no-go, that's still money they need to make, and doing it would be an admission of failure.

Thus, it is simply easier NOT TO DO IT.

You know if that truly is the mindset at Cryptic (Lead Dev obviously fits the mentality you are describing) then it just makes me wish even more that this game was in a different developers hands.
    maR4zDV.jpg