test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LvL 50 weapons

pryor#5476 pryor Member Posts: 567 Arc User
Just made lvl 50, i noticed that Mark XIV stuff is priced in the millions on energy credits, is there a way i can get these with Dilithium or ZEN or completing certain missions?
Right now im flying the upgraded Excelser T5 ship but i only got Mark XII weapons & consoles, as i noticed that Mark XIV weapons will take a significant jump from the damage of 450's to the 700's ......... I want to get me some Mark XIV weapons NOW, please help.....
Discord: Pryor#2941

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    You have 2 choices.

The first is to save up EC and buy what you want from the Exchange.

The second is to find something you like and upgrade it to Mk XIV.

You can find some weapons as mission rewards, but I can't think of any that are higher than Mk XII right off the top of my head, EXCEPT for the the Kobali Split Beam Rifle, that's a Rare Mk XIII. There may be other things that are higher than Mk XII, but they are rare and probably are limited to being a one of a kind item, so no slotting duplicates.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    nope, all ships come with white MK XII stuff and you cant upgrade it. Like naughty said you're only two options is to save up EC and buy off the exchange, or lower MK gear and upgrade it to MK XIV.

If you REALLY want to spend money you can buy Master Keys on the C-Store and then sell them on the exchange to get the EC you need. But idk why you're in such a rush, there is a LOT of content you can do just fine with blue MK XII gear.
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    I have to say i was impressed when on a mission i flew a carrier with Mark XIV weapons & consoles, they were unable to get my sheilds down below 96%, and there was an entire fleet of Elachi ships firing upon me including 2 Drednoghts....... I was impressed...... I want those for my ship

Buy Zen- exchange for keys..sell keys on exchange for Ec.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    miciocicciomiciociccio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I have to say i was impressed when on a mission i flew a carrier with Mark XIV weapons & consoles, they were unable to get my sheilds down below 96%, and there was an entire fleet of Elachi ships firing upon me including 2 Drednoghts....... I was impressed...... I want those for my ship

Elachi? carrier? do you mean Sphere of influence?

Even more if you did at normal diff i woulnt use it as a sample, that space fight is absurdly easy, once i got it bugged, couldnt launch fighter, there was no boffs either, could only fly around using the normal attack of weapons and yes, nothing can really hurt you on this mission seem.

But well if you want them NOW then do ike many already said, Zen>Keys>Ec's.

Or (if you're FED) seen you got np using zen, make some alts, lvl them up that anyway is superfast, get the Vesta bundle, do Sphere of influence on each of them (and take the Obelisk warp core as prize) and do tour of the galaxy with them on Vesta's with 2 consoles of the bundle equipped.

With just the Vesta slipstream and the Obelisk warp core (no need to upgrade or spend anything) and without any buff (diplo/raider) you can get 850k EC each alt a day (you will only miss 3 systems at the end), not so hard make some millions a day like that.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I already got the Obelesk warp core, did you say there is a console that allows you to stay at Slipstream velocity for a longer period of time or shortens the cooldown? Please give the name of this console and where to obtain it.

The T6 Vesta ships grant a bonus to Quantum Slipstream as a bonus with the 2pc set. The bonus lets you stay in Slipstream for 60 seconds instead of the normal 30 seconds. It also grants a bonus to Slipstream turn rate as well as Slipstream Speed.

The T6 Odyssey ships also have the Advanced Quantum Slipstream drive as an innate ability. Like the Vesta it allows you to stay in Slipstream for 60 seconds instead of 30. It also grants a bonus to slip stream turn rate and speed, but slightly less then the bonus from the Vesta. The Odyssey however gets the bonus built in and does not require consoles equipped.

The T6 Dauntless also has a built in Advanced Quantum Slipstream with a 60s duration like the other ones mentioned. It's speed is faster then the Odyssey, but slower then the Vesta.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I already got the Obelesk warp core, did you say there is a console that allows you to stay at Slipstream velocity for a longer period of time or shortens the cooldown? Please give the name of this console and where to obtain it.

The T6 Vesta ships grant a bonus to Quantum Slipstream as a bonus with the 2pc set. The bonus lets you stay in Slipstream for 60 seconds instead of the normal 30 seconds. It also grants a bonus to Slipstream turn rate as well as Slipstream Speed.

The 2pc bonus your refering to is from the https://sto.gamepedia.com/Experimental_Systems_Set T5 console set. While still usable on the T6 Multimission ships, the Alliance Multi-Mission Systems Set doesn't have a Slipstream bonus.
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I have a secondary free to play STO account where my characters have rather limited resources compared to my primary account. Plus I do not play it very often. I do not want to waste EC purchasing Mk XIV gear from the Exchange, plus I do not really want to bother crafting and praying to the RNG Gods so that I can get good enough mods for my weapons.

I basically bought Mk VIII weapons with [CrtD]x3 [Dmg] for anywhere between 700k EC to 1.4m EC during one of the Double Tech Point Weekends. Disruptors were towards the lower end of that price scale while plasma and tetryon where towards the higher end because there were fewer of those damage types on the Exchange. Antiproton is still pretty popular so there are a whole of those type of weapons on the Exchange. As of right now weapons with the [CrtD]x3 [Dmg] typically sells for about 3m EC.

I have simply upgraded the weapons I purchased to Mk XIV using superior upgrade kits and 1.5x Technology Boost accelerators. Sure, I needed to spend more EC (and Dil) to upgrade the weapons, but in the end it costs less to go this route than it is to simply outright buy a Mk XIV [CrtD]x3 [Dmg] weapons from the Exchange. Upgrading during a Double Tech Point Weekend saves both EC (buying superior upgrade kits & accelerators) and Dil.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I do not really want to bother crafting and praying to the RNG Gods so that I can get good enough mods for my weapons.

You could not worry about the mods, ya know. :o Unless you are trying to be a DPS god, you don't really have to go nuts about only having the 'right' mods. Pretty much any normal/advanced PVE goes easy with anything Mk14. Go buy cheap MkII weapons or craft some.

Optimally... you buy some Pheonix Boxes when they come around with Dil (10 for 40k) and at the very least you'll get 1 Phoenix Upgrade per box. They give a ton of upgrade points (especially if you wait for an Upgrade Weekend to upgrade stuff) and don't cost you Dil to use. Mk2 gear gets a decent chance for quality upgrade and 1 Phoenix Upgrade during the Bonus Weekend will get a Mk2 to Mk9 or Mk10 w/ probably 1 quality upgrade to Ultra Rare. Then just keep upgrading to Mk14. Unless you are very space-rich, making a high Mark Number VR or UR to Epic is a huge waste of resources unless RNGesus loves you. Just be happy with what ya get. If you are like the normal human, you'll get tired of whatever weapons you have sooner or later and all those perfect buffed epic death rays will just be sitting in your bank gathering dust.
  • Options
    You could not worry about the mods, ya know. :o Unless you are trying to be a DPS god, you don't really have to go nuts about only having the 'right' mods. Pretty much any normal/advanced PVE goes easy with anything Mk14. Go buy cheap MkII weapons or craft some.

Nah, I am not trying to be a "DPS god"; I have not even allocated any specialization points on my characters, even though several of them have over 150 spec points. I also do not bother using any reputation gear with the exception of a few torpedoes even though I have basically maxed out all the reps with the exception of Competitive on all of my characters. I just don't want to bother trying to craft "good enough" weapons and upgrade them to ultra rare quality to get a random mod that I may or may not want on my secondary account.

Therefore, I simply buy ultra rare Mk VIII [CrtD]x3 [Dmg] weapons from the Exchange for 700k EC to 1.4m EC each when the Exchange is "flooded" with them; [CrtD]x3 [CrtH] will likely be a little less expensive. Doing so saves me a bunch of time and headache since I am buying weapons with mods that are good enough for me. Additionally, upgrading ultra rare Mk VIII to ultra rare Mk XIV actually does not take a lot of resources during Double Tech Point Weekends. Pushing it to epic Mk XIV is a different story, but I am not going to bother doing so on my secondary account.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

The cheapest way is to buy fleet weapons and just upgrade them during an upgrade weekend. They come at Ultra Rare Mark XII with good mods ([CrtD][DmG]x3) with no RNG and they're cheap to buy. If you upgrade them during an upgrade weekend, you can get an entire set to Mark XIV for next to nothing.

It's not about being a 'DPS God,' it's just about making good decisions. There is no reason to spend resources upgrading inferior items when you can get great weapons dirt cheap. They only get pricey if you try and take them Epic, but if you're goal is Epic you obviously should be upgrading Mark II Weapons. The difference between Ultra Rare and Epic is nill, a full set of Ultra Rare Mark XIV weapons with 4 good mods is seriously powerful.. and cheap.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    There is no reason to spend resources upgrading inferior items when you can get great weapons dirt cheap. They only get pricey if you try and take them Epic, but if you're goal is Epic you obviously should be upgrading Mark II Weapons. The difference between Ultra Rare and Epic is nill, a full set of Ultra Rare Mark XIV weapons with 4 good mods is seriously powerful.. and cheap.

Yup, if a 'good' weapon costs 120% the cost of the 'bad' weapon, then obviously, its a good deal. It's when the good one costs 3000% more that mods matter less, to me at least. Personally, I gravitate towards the weapons with one of each mod on em. If I see a crtDx2 or a dmgx2 Mk2 for the same prices as others I'll of course grab those over the other ones. ;) After they are upgraded, then the question is whether I want to use them or have a nice pay-day from the Exchange. I got a Kreiger Dual Heavy Cannon to UR that had crtDx2 & dmgx2, tried selling it, no one cared so it went to my KDF toon.
  • Options

Yup, if a 'good' weapon costs 120% the cost of the 'bad' weapon, then obviously, its a good deal. It's when the good one costs 3000% more that mods matter less, to me at least.

Well, paying 700k EC to 1.4m EC for an ultra rare Mk VIII weapon with [CrtD]x3 [Dmg] is not exactly ludicrously expensive. There are very rare Mk II weapons that sells for a higher price. Unless of course you believe a such a weapon is only worth 46,667 EC, then paying 1.4m EC for those weapons is definitely a 3000% markup.
  • Options
    There is no reason to spend resources upgrading inferior items when you can get great weapons dirt cheap. They only get pricey if you try and take them Epic, but if you're goal is Epic you obviously should be upgrading Mark II Weapons. The difference between Ultra Rare and Epic is nill, a full set of Ultra Rare Mark XIV weapons with 4 good mods is seriously powerful.. and cheap.

Yup, if a 'good' weapon costs 120% the cost of the 'bad' weapon, then obviously, its a good deal. It's when the good one costs 3000% more that mods matter less, to me at least. Personally, I gravitate towards the weapons with one of each mod on em. If I see a crtDx2 or a dmgx2 Mk2 for the same prices as others I'll of course grab those over the other ones. ;) After they are upgraded, then the question is whether I want to use them or have a nice pay-day from the Exchange. I got a Kreiger Dual Heavy Cannon to UR that had crtDx2 & dmgx2, tried selling it, no one cared so it went to my KDF toon.

Yep, anymore it seems that the only weapons that really sell are the ones with 'perfect' mods. If your mark II doesn't have CrtDx2 Pen, CrtDx3, DmGx3, or Dmgx2 Pen then they really don't sell like they used to. It's good and bad, it's good if you're in the market for weapons since you can pick up good items dirt cheap.. it sucks if you're someone like me that makes money selling crafted weapons.

The reason I like the Fleet Weapons is that there is no gambling or chance involved. They have all great mods right out of the box, seems like every time I upgrade a CrtDx2 Pen from mark II I get ACC or CrtH as the additional mod. Overall though, you're right, it's not worth stressing over. It's not like a Dmgx2 Pen CrtH beam is bad or anything, just not 'perfect.' If you're cool with not having to have every last little percentage point then upgrading becomes a whole lot cheaper. :)
  • Options
    If you are not looking for the cheap route to build a "god ship", then I personally recommend you avoid using fleet weapons. Crafted weapons are the way to go mixed with mission reward and reputation weapons that gives you set bonuses. The [Pen] mod is basically the most desirable mod to have on a space weapon because it is always active and bypasses some of the armor. The only way to get the [Pen] mod is through crafting. You can't get by upgrading weapons.

The best mods to have are likely [CrtD]x3 [Pen], [Dmg]x3 [Pen], [CrtD]x4, [Dmg]x4. From what I have [Dmg]x4 and [Dmg]x3 [Pen] can perform better than [CrtD]x4 and [CrtD]x3 [Pen], but it is harder to build for. I don't really follow the DPS meta so I can't really tell you why tha is the case.

To me, if you are going for "Dil weapons", then that is going the cheap route and sub-optimal route.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You can buy Mk X weapons using Dil at Deep Space K7. There is a console right outside the shipyard, but as I stated, they are only Mk X weapons. On the other hand, you can purchase "regular" (i.e. not a reputation project) very rare Mk XII weapons from the reputation store as long as you have unlocked the appropriate tier.
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    >
    > The T6 Vesta ships grant a bonus to Quantum Slipstream as a bonus with the 2pc set. The bonus lets you stay in Slipstream for 60 seconds instead of the normal 30 seconds. It also grants a bonus to Slipstream turn rate as well as Slipstream Speed.
    >
    > The T6 Odyssey ships also have the Advanced Quantum Slipstream drive as an innate ability. Like the Vesta it allows you to stay in Slipstream for 60 seconds instead of 30. It also grants a bonus to slip stream turn rate and speed, but slightly less then the bonus from the Vesta. The Odyssey however gets the bonus built in and does not require consoles equipped.
    >

Lemme' guess, Romulan chars. are out of luck and there is no Rommie ship packs containing those and no way for them to alternatively acquire them, right?
  • Options
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    >
    > The T6 Vesta ships grant a bonus to Quantum Slipstream as a bonus with the 2pc set. The bonus lets you stay in Slipstream for 60 seconds instead of the normal 30 seconds. It also grants a bonus to Slipstream turn rate as well as Slipstream Speed.
    >
    > The T6 Odyssey ships also have the Advanced Quantum Slipstream drive as an innate ability. Like the Vesta it allows you to stay in Slipstream for 60 seconds instead of 30. It also grants a bonus to slip stream turn rate and speed, but slightly less then the bonus from the Vesta. The Odyssey however gets the bonus built in and does not require consoles equipped.
    >

Lemme' guess, Romulan chars. are out of luck and there is no Rommie ship packs containing those and no way for them to alternatively acquire them, right?

Correct

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    > @odinforever20000 said:
    >
    > Correct

Figures, thanks. Guess my Rom. toon is stuck with Obelisk warp core/Counter Command singularity core and Assimilated engines (Epic, MK XIV) for Tour of G. Was just wondering at other options.
  • Options
    I like the subspace fold from the Solanae core with my Assimilated Engines.But personally..Im rarely in sector space with my Rom.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

Sucks, I know. I would love something like that on my 2 Romulans as well. :(
  • Options
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > tmghost7729#8985 wrote:
    >
    >
    > Sucks, I know. I would love something like that on my 2 Romulans as well. :(

Yup, the struggle is real. My main is a KDF alligned Romulan....lol.....I know.....
  • Options
    > @coldnapalm said:
    >
    > Yeah...but all our ships are cool ;) .

That they are, although truth be told, variety is a spice of life so my main mostly uses multifaction Lockbox/Lobi ships.