What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TNG Anniversary Giveaway

13»

Comments

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I personally got the date of giveaway confused because of that blog on STO page:
    https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10597534-levar-burton-and-more-from-our-stlv-panel%21
    there the giveaway, and the new Galaxy bridge is brought up directly after talking about the new FE on 12th, without mentioning that it will be separate release after that.
    Actually it's mentioned in one paragraph with the description of the FE:
    Not only that, but that adventure will take place in a brand new, fully remodeled Galaxy interior. Our environment artists have lovingly recreated the home of the cast from The Next Generation, and we can’t wait for you to see it. We’ll also have server-wide giveaways of the TNG Skant Uniform and the Type 7 Shuttle to celebrate the anniversary of this landmark television show.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The News Blog announcements have never been known for their clarity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Honestly, I thought the "BIG DEAL" was the 50th of TOS which had it's anniversary on the 8th. I was kinda hoping for some kinda thing that day. Oh well TNGs 30th is good too.​​

The 8th of last year?

September 15th would have been the start for celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Season Two for TOS. :blush: At any rate, looking forward to September 28th. Which so happens to fall on a Thursday this year.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    roscoe3400roscoe3400 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Looks like the new interior will be available for purchase tomorrow, with the giveaways the weekend of on the 28th: https://www.trektoday.com/content/2017/09/star-trek-online-beyond-the-nexus/
    Beginning September 21, captains will also be able to purchase a brand-new Galaxy-class interior. Star Trek Online is also celebrating TNG‘s anniversary with server-wide giveaways on September 28, which include the classic skant uniform and Type 7 shuttle.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    roscoe3400 wrote: »
    Looks like the new interior will be available for purchase tomorrow, with the giveaways the weekend of on the 28th: https://www.trektoday.com/content/2017/09/star-trek-online-beyond-the-nexus/
    Beginning September 21, captains will also be able to purchase a brand-new Galaxy-class interior. Star Trek Online is also celebrating TNG‘s anniversary with server-wide giveaways on September 28, which include the classic skant uniform and Type 7 shuttle.

another fed shuttle... at least fed-roms can use. sucks to be kdf or kdf-fed but hey you get plas leech (still decent even after nerf)
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    My guess, probably wrong, will be it will begin on the 28th then end the 2nd with Cryptic's usual assortment of previous rerolled giveaways including some thing(s) TNG themed.

As much as Cryptic deserves bashing at times they don't have to do these type of things so kudos to Cryptic b'c it is appreciated.

I plan on viewing at least a couple TNG episodes on the 28th.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    After the Anniversary, we have TWO 'Hearts and Minds' runs in October. It doesn't get better than this. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns