test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Elachi Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Elachi are coming through the Iconian portals, and only Captains on PC can stop them!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10624484

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    so, is this ACTUALLY happening this time? the last few times an elachi weekend has cropped up this year, it was cancelled at the last second and replaced with something else​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Attention Captains, the Elachi are pouring into the Alpha Quadrant from previously undiscovered Iconian space gates in order to abduct helpless people! The Elachi have been doing with their captives, we need every Captain at the ready to help stop their forces.

What have the Elachi been doing with their captives? The mind boggles! Boggles I tell ya!!!

Making them watch Ishtar on repeat?

Sitting them in a corner with a dunce cap on?

Feeding them Tofurkey?

Playing Scrabble with no vowels?

Reading the Twilight saga to them?

Please, for the love of sentient life, we have to stop these Elachi from doing, ummm, whatever it is they are doing!
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Elachi? Elachi? Hmm... Why can't I remember anything about these Elachi?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Attention Captains, the Elachi are pouring into the Alpha Quadrant from previously undiscovered Iconian space gates in order to abduct helpless people! The Elachi have been doing with their captives, we need every Captain at the ready to help stop their forces.

What have the Elachi been doing with their captives? The mind boggles! Boggles I tell ya!!!

Feeding them Tofurkey?

Please, for the love of sentient life, we have to stop these Elachi from doing, ummm, whatever it is they are doing!

That particular sentence, "The Elachi have been doing with their captives, we need every Captain at the ready to help stop their forces." was boggling my mind as well. I reread it another 3 or 4 times just to make sure my comprehension was accurate or possibly I needed a drink to have it make sense. Fairly good event, but not sure if I'm going to participate too much. With Cryptic running these latest events back to back to back & even over-lapping them it's burning me out when I attempt to participate in them all.

• Options
    tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The grammatical redundancy is real. Who wrote this blog post? SOB said the writing had gotten bad but really? I suppose there are just helpless random people just hanging out around these hard to spot gateways?

"The Elachi have been doing with their captives, we need every Captain at the ready to help stop their forces." Hmmm. And WHAT exactly have the Elachi been doing with their captives...... "it" perhaps? The Elachi have been doing "it" with their captives? Honestly.

"Quick Captains! You’re needed on the frontlines to stop the invading forces before we lose more Captains!" So basically we need more Captains for our Captains so we don't lose more Captains? Poor form. No wonder the blog wasn't even signed.
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

"The Elachi have been doing with their captives, "

Doing what? Cryptic needs a proofreader.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Its a bit deadly doing this alongside the Sompek event. Also why are the Elachi still stealing people with the Iconian arc already wrapped up? Not complaining, just wondering if there is some sort of narrative or in story justification for this (Aside from maybe T'Ket being responsible that is)
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @tripwire690 said:
    > The grammatical redundancy is real. Who wrote this blog post? SOB said the writing had gotten bad but really? I suppose there are just helpless random people just hanging out around these hard to spot gateways?
    >
    > "The Elachi have been doing with their captives, we need every Captain at the ready to help stop their forces." Hmmm. And WHAT exactly have the Elachi been doing with their captives...... "it" perhaps? The Elachi have been doing "it" with their captives? Honestly.
    >

Doing "it" with the captives should be against the Khitomer conventions. Nuff' said.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    So does this event offer Competitive Marks?

You remember the Competitive System you forced upon us and then abandoned?

Or is this a complete ball drop like the Endeavor system?
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I have a feeling the captives are being strapped into chairs and are forced to watch marathon streams of Barney singing the Barney Song.

I love you,
    You love me,
    We're a happy famIly...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I see that this Weekend Event has not been turned into a Weekend Event of the old Sompek and Kobayashi Maru Event type. Looks like with the recent change of Sompek to a three week grind we're not going to get that Account Unlock four-day Event back again. :(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Its a bit deadly doing this alongside the Sompek event.

Well, if you were diligent in your daily suicide runs, you are now done with Sompek. o:)

• Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    iamynaught wrote: »

Feeding them Tofurkey?

Yep, came here to mention the "oops", see you got it early. Funny no one has fixed it yet. I would ask "don't they read this stuff before they post it?" but obviously they must read it, multiple times, before posting it. So I wonder how they still managed to mess it up?

This isn't the big September event is it? I was hoping for another expansion like the Delta and Temporal expansions.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Any chance we're ever going to get the "Mine Trap" queue back?
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Sounds like the perfect job for my orion slavegirls to come to the rescue of all those other poor captains. They excel at doing, and at playing a captive, in order to have their way.

Also curious if it will have competitive reputation marks.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2017

"The Elachi have been doing with their captives, "

Doing what?

The Elachi have been forcing their captives to write illiterate blogs for Cryptic, obviously. :)
    Cryptic needs a proofreader.

And a functional QA department, and a faction-impartial replacement for Gecko, but you can't have everything.
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Any chance we're ever going to get the "Mine Trap" queue back?

Now THERE'S the 64,000 EC question!
    Post edited by vorwoda on
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    so, is this ACTUALLY happening this time? the last few times an elachi weekend has cropped up this year, it was cancelled at the last second and replaced with something else​​

The difference between those times and this one is that there wasn't an announcement here confirming it, just the calendar.
    ltminns wrote: »
    I see that this Weekend Event has not been turned into a Weekend Event of the old Sompek and Kobayashi Maru Event type. Looks like with the recent change of Sompek to a three week grind we're not going to get that Account Unlock four-day Event back again. :(

I wouldn't take being wrong at a guess as an omen of the future of the Weekend Event framework.
    So does this event offer Competitive Marks?

You remember the Competitive System you forced upon us and then abandoned?

Or is this a complete ball drop like the Endeavor system?

It's only as abandoned as any reputation is when a new season is just around the corner. The only difference here is that they've been (far too) cautious about allowing those marks into most non-combat reward pools. That will almost certainly change after Season 14 comes out with a new reputation. I know that they haven't announced a new reputation for the new season yet, but it's like predicting that Fall will come after Summer this year, it's a gimme. Anyway, since this is a combat-oriented event, I'd expect competitive marks to be in it, even if the calendar leaves them out.

The blog announcing this alert weekend was in this same sorry state the last time this ran. Hard to believe that it's been 2 years since we had one of these, or that this one will only be the 4th time that it's been run.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    mavandaimavandai Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I found my old account login just to found out what "The Elachi have been doing with their captives,..."
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Only bonus marks? I would have figured there might be some special weapon or console to earn from this instead of the usual broken 3 week grind. Oh well. Bonus marks are always welcome.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Always nice to kick some Elachi around in either Space or Ground.
    That said i do hope it has an XP boost so leveling some new ships
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    It's too easy.. and I do mean EASY.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Its a bit deadly doing this alongside the Sompek event.

Well, if you were diligent in your daily suicide runs, you are now done with Sompek. o:)

Naw, they will be ordering everyone to "After 5 ships destroyed, rest of you quit!"
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Shuttle Event is the best. Play 'Atmospheric Assault' on Advanced for almost 270 some-odd before Daily. 210 for Normal.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It's barely 5 minutes in length if one or more players head to the gate points, spam F and only shoot stuff that comes close so low marks should be expected.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Shuttle Event is the best. Play 'Atmospheric Assault' on Advanced for almost 270 some-odd before Daily. 210 for Normal.

I agree, farmed that one a lot way back in the day and it was actually properly challenging, but I won't be repeating that again as shuttles aren't fun and I'm through with the time wasting and farming when I could be having fun in other games for free where fun is the grind. At least now with Sompek event it's not that bad except for the time it takes to get to the higher levels.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The only problem is if you just hit F you can get afk penalty if the team one-shots the elachi armada at the end. I only played twice. The first time I got afk for hitting F (which allowed us to get the top bonus). the 2nd time I just killed things and we failed to get the top bonus (because no one was spamming F) but no afk. It's true the payout is poor. But whenever a queue is featured I will play it some just for the heck of it and because I know it will pop quickly.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Just stop the f'in spam around 90-95% done and full impulse over, I'd honestly be surprised if a random queued pug would take down them all in the time it takes to move that short distance needed.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Just stop the f'in spam around 90-95% done and full impulse over, I'd honestly be surprised if a random queued pug would take down them all in the time it takes to move that short distance needed.

It was an extreme case maybe. They got em in about 1 second. For comparison the second run took about a minute.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."