test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to improve endgame and "Make STO Gr8 Again"

2»

Comments

• mercenary4hiremercenary4hire Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    superdocor wrote: »
    I love this game, but its kind of dying off. They keep adding expansions which is gr8... but it still feels like there is not much to do at max lvl; however, there is a fix to this issue. Take ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) for instance. In ESO they have an amazing pvp zone were the factions can battle for keeps and outposts. If they could do this except make it star trek related I believe they could get a lot of pvp loving people really addicted to this game. Also, I find the pve ques to be needlessly. Again, I suggest following ESO's suit in this. Trying to simplify and enhance it could promote activity in pve. They could also add a join random que for a bonus at the end which can help the less popular maps allow people to play them. They could also add special dailies for certain ones, and have them give special rewards for doing it on harder difficulties. If they do this kind of stuff they open the door for people who are maxed out and looking for stuff to keep them entertained. Cuz tho this is an amazing game, I find myself spending 80% of my time floating aimlessly on Risa.

I agree fully with the author. I would also like to see a single server without instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    superdocor wrote: »
    I love this game, but its kind of dying off. They keep adding expansions which is gr8... but it still feels like there is not much to do at max lvl; however, there is a fix to this issue. Take ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) for instance. In ESO they have an amazing pvp zone were the factions can battle for keeps and outposts. If they could do this except make it star trek related I believe they could get a lot of pvp loving people really addicted to this game. Also, I find the pve ques to be needlessly. Again, I suggest following ESO's suit in this. Trying to simplify and enhance it could promote activity in pve. They could also add a join random que for a bonus at the end which can help the less popular maps allow people to play them. They could also add special dailies for certain ones, and have them give special rewards for doing it on harder difficulties. If they do this kind of stuff they open the door for people who are maxed out and looking for stuff to keep them entertained. Cuz tho this is an amazing game, I find myself spending 80% of my time floating aimlessly on Risa.

take yer pvpeen and shove it :P thats the last thing this game needs as an endgame
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Oh, one other thing, make the other DOFF categories have small perks that get better as you rank up. An example could be reaching rank 4 in Engineering offers a small cooldown reduction for engineering abilities, or even a 4% boost to engine power.
  • dbeiswengerdbeiswenger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    This game will have been around for over 10 years here soon. I love what cryptic has done with it over the years, But i feel they have lost either motivation, or funding to do anything really impressive. Not to mention the limitations of the engine. Same thing happened to SWTOR. Like the Star Wars Verse, another Star Trek MMO will come out eventually im sure, with fresh ideas, and a new engine.
  • onetontoadonetontoad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    This is the one glaring fault in this lovley game ,why must I get epic gear? ,what for?. Some sort of incentive to get this gear needs to appear. An option to do the original borg missions remastered would be nice . A set of 2 or 3 endgame instances of 10 ppl involving ground and space mixture with a rank or leaderboard would have fleets fighting over the top spaces, rewards of fleet dilitium vouchers or similar .I love this game I need an incentive to get the best gear.
    mc7SA5g.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    onetontoad wrote: »
    This is the one glaring fault in this lovley game ,why must I get epic gear? ,what for?. Some sort of incentive to get this gear needs to appear.
    Unfortunately, Cryptic seems entirely unwilling to create content with any kind of requirements beyond the character being level 50 or 60. All the content is meant for gearless newbies and despite constantly adding better gear and new mechanics to power up the players, the content only ever gets easier.

I suppose the Sompek/Kobayash events benefit from better gear, but then all you get for high performance is accolades. The actual event reward is given at round 5 which is, again, trivially easy.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Personally, I'd like to see a fully fleshed out space Adventure/Battlezone where there's always something to do and build up to before the big meta-event chain starts the requires everyone to work together and slowly push the battle-lines back.

It's probably a tall order for Cryptic, but something like the Silverwastes or Verdant Brink from Guild Wars 2 would be amazing.