test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Importan Bad Design PS4/XBOX General interface problem - Dialogs should be under commands wheels...

fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
Hi Cryptic/ARC/FDEVS,

Not sure that problem appear on PC, but i am sure I am not the only one to no longer be able to activate while in ship (and may be on ground - not sure) non-automatic abilities (Abilities wheel) when one of those damned PNJ start talking ever and ever and ever again during PVE (Mirror Invasion : Obisek, Undine Assault : Tuvok, Counterpoint : Leeta, Seven of Nine : Borg disconnected.....)...

Really you (CRYPTIC DEVS) should put the PNJ Dialogs (specially when in space, when fighting) under the abilities wheel, it should take you 5 minutes coding, and it will probably save our ships, because when those $%&# PNJ start talking we can no more found our abilities in the abilitiy wheels and the time we search in the wheel were are the ability we want to enable, we are destroyed by enemies... The PNJ dialog windows hide our ability wheels!!!!!!!.

PLEASE CRYPTIC FIX THIS OR MAKE THEM STOP TALKING (STOP TALKING SETTING, STO OPTIONS)
PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
Post edited by fced on

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Doesn't the console allow you to rearrange the HUD like the PC does ? If so, just move the location of either the ability wheel, or the notification.

If not, then it is definitely something that needs a fix, thee sooner the better.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    No way, if only we could do that... it would be great, I will post a screenshot of what happen during a PVE Event, that is very difficult to avoid dying while searching an ability to enable :wink:
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    By the way, if Cryptic developers would want to simply add an option to hide the dialogs popup windows during missions it would be amazing, and we would be most than grateful/.
  • Options
    The radial menu and how it doesn't overlap the dialogue bubbles during combat is a huge problem, agreed. I was thinking the very same thing, either let us move the bubbles around like PC, or set the opacity, remove them altogether, or at the very very very least just make the radial menu always overlap any and everything. At times, in certain npc comms crazy missions, it's nearly unplayable. An overstatement of course, but quality of life would be greatly improved with this simple change.
  • Options
    Yes, completely, i was linking Tuvok, but now i hate him, because each time i change ship, the abilities are never at the same place, so for each new ship we should re-learn the abilities position, and when those crazy $#@*! NPC are talking while we are trying to found an ability which can save our life we got killed, because of them...
  • Options
    sleepwalker#8777 sleepwalker Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    i did a post about this a while ago in the german forum, but unfortunately got total ignored by mods :(
    this is realy a big issue with the ui and can be fixed very easily..
    a simple solution would be, making that dialogs overlay the chat window (top-left corner).. but something more elegant would also be welcome.

..and cryptic, pls also do something with the L1-menu.. on some ships it is so overloaded (especialy science ships), and its realy hard to auto-setup abilities or pick one while in battle.. make that weel bigger (related to the amount of items in it)... or let us arrange those items.. or do a new menu for batteries etc..
  • Options
    i did a post about this a while ago in the german forum, but unfortunately got total ignored by mods :(
    this is realy a big issue with the ui and can be fixed very easily..
    a simple solution would be, making that dialogs overlay the chat window (top-left corner).. but something more elegant would also be welcome.

..and cryptic, pls also do something with the L1-menu.. on some ships it is so overloaded (especialy science ships), and its realy hard to auto-setup abilities or pick one while in battle.. make that weel bigger (related to the amount of items in it)... or let us arrange those items.. or do a new menu for batteries etc..

Agreed for all this !!!
    But before changing the radial menu, please just give us the possibility to remove the PNJ dialogs popups (bubble) during fight, or place the Radial menu (L1/L2/SCIENCE/ENGINEER/TACTICAL Wheel abilities) on the bottom of those dialogs popups...

And yes for those radials menus, on my Romulan science ship i map Cloak ability to L1, but i always search my L1 Wheel for Sensor scan, if only we could set it as automatic (on the ship we attack) it would be great...

If possible re-thinking the "auto-execute" with more possibilities for some skills (exemple Fire on my Mark - It would be great if the auto-execute was "on Cruiser, Battleship, any ship" instead of "auto-execute at the beginning of the fight, 10 seconds, 20seconds, after beginning of fight have no interest, that is an ability to set on big ennemies (it have long cool down)...
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Fire_on_my_Mark_(Space)
  • Options
    Almost one month spent and nothing have been done for that design problem...