test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sompek: how far did you get?

risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
Out of curiosity again... wondering to what round everyone made it. And how. And any other interesting details, share them :)

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Just completed round 52. The Na'kuhl and Tholians are most annoying. Though Vaadwaur with superpowers can also be dangerous.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    On my main, not far enough.

On my alts, too far.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    There seem to be A LOT of people who are joining queues, then purposely trying to end it after 5 rounds to get the rewards. At least half the times I've done it, one person announces "don't revive me" or "I'm doing a speed run. Quitting after 5" or some such statement.

Every time I've called them on it, they say that I don't have to do the queue or that I should get a team instead of a pug.

Seems like people who want to just get the reward, rather than actually try the queue the way it was meant to be played should be the ones who ought not queue into a pug and should find a team of like-minded people.

Seems like a crappy thing to do to other players who want to do the queue, not just get the reward.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    You come to the short queue, expect players will want it to be short.

And vice versa on the long one.

Don't queue for the wrong one and come here to complain about it.

And more generally, if you have specific demands of the team, don't pug.
    There seem to be A LOT of people who are joining queues, then purposely trying to end it after 5 rounds to get the rewards. At least half the times I've done it, one person announces "don't revive me" or "I'm doing a speed run. Quitting after 5" or some such statement.

Every time I've called them on it, they say that I don't have to do the queue or that I should get a team instead of a pug.

Seems like people who want to just get the reward, rather than actually try the queue the way it was meant to be played should be the ones who ought not queue into a pug and should find a team of like-minded people.

Seems like a crappy thing to do to other players who want to do the queue, not just get the reward.

It happens. I just point out to them that people are joining a queue because they want to play them. They'll just have to accept that.

I also had a team where someone said he just wanted to die after round 5, but when we actually started progressing very far, he helped the best he could. That was a nice experience.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User

The warnings were already out about this. Not many people want to draw this event out across a lot of alts for 14 days.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    105 or so with a premade. Anyone know what round gives the last possible accolade?
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »

The warnings were already out about this. Not many people want to draw this event out across a lot of alts for 14 days.

I went into the 20 minute version fully prepared for the possibility that they might take the full 20 minutes. So I'm only doing it on two toons. One who is newer and needs marks, and one who I just want to try the new pulsewave with. My point is I'm not going to try it on all 13 toons anyway, so I'm cool with whatever... B)
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity again... wondering to what round everyone made it. And how. And any other interesting details, share them :)

Curiosity kills the cat....we went up to 193 last night normal-3.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Last night I got to round 56 in a pug. Starting with round 50 my character would die at least once every round. My worst was round 12. I suppose I could have done a bit better if actually decided to allocate my spec points into the appropriate trees.

My best was round 65 in a pug when Cryptic initially released Arena of Sompeck.

wow. Impressive.
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Last night I got to round 56 in a pug. Starting with round 50 my character would die at least once every round. My worst was round 12. I suppose I could have done a bit better if actually decided to allocate my spec points into the appropriate trees.

My best was round 65 in a pug when Cryptic initially released Arena of Sompeck.

I just managed to get to 65 a few minutes ago. Was a pre-made though.

To be fair, on most PUG runs I'm happy if we get past 30 :p
    I'd consider everything above that quite good, after that it mainly becomes a challenge not to make a mistake or be at the wrong place at the wrong time :p
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    5 - just doing it for the reward, not all that interested in seeing how long I can survive this time round.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    9, then we died gloriously
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
      The first time they did this event I made it to round 72. I believe the final accolade title comes at round 70.

This time the blog said they added more to it or changed it in some way. I would really like to know how because it seems exactly the same to me.

Had some idiot on our team last night in a premade, who spent 90% of the time face down on the ground. After we lost the match they said they didn't even have armor on and was laughing about it. Seriously, come prepared or don't come at all. At the very least, bring hypos.

And yeah, we had some guy trying to quit after round 5 too - if that's what you want, join the timed version.
    • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
      warpangel wrote: »
      You come to the short queue, expect players will want it to be short.

And vice versa on the long one.

Don't queue for the wrong one and come here to complain about it.

And more generally, if you have specific demands of the team, don't pug.

People announcing they want out after 5 rounds was happening in the LONG queue, not the timed one. Obviously, if I were to have joined the short queue, I would expect it to be...short.

Frankly, farming for the multiple alts and so-called "speedruns" was the purpose for which I imagined Cryptic created the short queue - which is why I don't queue for it.

The only demand I have for the long queue is the one which any reasonable player would have - to come prepared to fight until it reaches it's natural conclusion, not quit prematurely.

• tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      The first time they did this event I made it to round 72. I believe the final accolade title comes at round 70.

This time the blog said they added more to it or changed it in some way. I would really like to know how because it seems exactly the same to me.

I did keep getting accolades beyond 72 this time. I just like to know what the absolute peak is before I bother to try again.
    • daeridanii#0793 daeridanii Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      I think the best I've done is around 30 - it's all about the fun you have though!
      (Also, Tholians on a Lightning Round is mean.)
    • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      66 is my highest so far this time.

Last event i think i managed 89 if i recall correctly.

The Tholians are a real pain and once you get high up the hazard rounds are even worse. It becomes a bigger threat to get caught by lightning and freakin' lazor beams than the actual enemies.
      SulMatuul.png
    • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      I think the best I've done is around 30 - it's all about the fun you have though!
      (Also, Tholians on a Lightning Round is mean.)

Even worse... Tholians, Lightning Round and Hazard Round all at once. Assuming you advance far enough to experience that.
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      Generally around 27 or 28 except once a 6 (Tholians too early), since I've only done the timed version. With the timed you can get to about 28.

Are people using the untimed to die at 5?
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
      My highest is currently 40 with my lowest being 17 and yea it is usually tholians vaadwaur or nah'kuhl rounds that are the toughest especially if they add the hazzard or lightning in those rounds
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      First day: round 24, freaking 20 minutes for 600 Dil. blah. :|
      Second day: round 4, 2-3 minutes for 600 Dil. yay! :)
      The rewards for high #'s is pathetic. Unless you are just here for the challenge, spending more than 4 minutes here is a waste of time. Cryptic should change the queue names to "Suicide Squad" and "Overachievers" :D

Just give me my 14 tokens for a pulsewave gun I have no stats on! So I can shoot it 4 times, then hand it off to a boff to use/hold. :D
    • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
      second mission in lvl 5

• snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
      edited August 2017

I am curious how you achieved this since heals stop working after wave 105-106. Got a screenshot?
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
      Finished timed version at 25 or 28 rounds? Didn't really pay too much attention.
      During weekdays i just go for quick rounds since i don't have time for the extended challenge.

Preferred the 3 day weekend version tho.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
      I got as far as the blog, saw it was a per character unlock and moved on to something else!
      Definitely not an Arc User.
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      61 with a pug, it seemed to drag on forever since our constellation was such a good one the enemies really didn't do much to us, they just took longer to kill. I think an unlucky lightning round killed the team ultimately.​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
      56 or so in fleet premade, it was the double hazard round that ultimately killed us.