Install Arc
Options

The 26th Century Anthology - Discussion Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @drogyn1701, Will the sequel episode be the next challenge? And how long until the Prequel is released to?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The finale/sequel will be handled by the Foundry roundtable at some point in the future, though authors are free to build anything they'd like to before or after the re-discovery of Earth (it's an open anthology). We haven't set anything down yet since we wanted the continuation/solution to reflect the missions people created.

The prequel will be released soon (Greendragoon is working hard to get it out ASAP.)

And, the next challenge is probably going to be a more general prompt (and unrelated to 26c) so we can accommodate authors with other preferences. There was a lot established for 26c, both inside and out of the challenge, and some authors didn't feel comfortable trying to fit their missions into that framework.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    In which case I might do a sequel to mine, whether I win or not ... only because I've had mail and been asked to.
    I was quite shocked, I pratically threw the mission together and the story was from an old note pad. :blush:
    If it works; it works.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    The prequel will be released soon (Greendragoon is working hard to get it out ASAP.

Optimistically, I hope I can pull the pilot together in the next week or so. Realistically, we'll see. I'm kind of terrible at estimates.

And I vote me make @duncanidaho11 build the finale. :tongue:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It would have to fall after...

Anvil of Time [26c | SFF]
    Transcendence, part 4
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Shattered Relic [SSF:3-2]

I considered reworking the mission I'm working on now for 26c but that would consist of basically nuking the project and starting over again. Everything else has been staring me in the face for a long while and it would be good for me as an author to complete these projects rather than take on any new ones (and feel like I'm just running in place.)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    nvm
    Post edited by starfarertheta on
  • Options
    I considered reworking the mission I'm working on now for 26c but that would consist of basically nuking the project and starting over again.

Nevermind, dibs on the finale.
  • Options
    haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Upon playing my 26c mission, “Original Sin,” Duncan Idaho, as possibly a few others, wanted to include the character Ensign Kret Paris on their missions. Here is basic backstory for him and his costume settings.

Bioraphical Data:
    Kret is a Human-Skagaran hybrid. (The Skagrans are the aliens who appeared on the ENT Season 3 epsiode “North Star,” featuring the cowboy planet: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Skagaran ) He was born on North Star to Commander Ian Paris, the Commanding Officer of Starfleet’s North Star Station -- North Star became the planet’s name) -- and Vimii Trugh, a local Humn-Skagaran hybrid. He went with his parents to Neelix Memorial Station around New Talax, when Ian Paris was transferred there. After attending Starfleet Academy, Kret’s first position was on the staff of the Federation Embassy to the First Federation (Balok’s people). He joined the Enterprise crew in 2653, Kret joined Starfleet because Parises are expected to join, but decided in the Academy that he wanted to face the challenge. He would serve one term of enlistment (or the officers’ equivalent) then get a new job. He’s on the timid side but wants to do the right thing. Optional dialogue with the Enterprise’s Horta Counselor, has him say he wants to be better in a crisis than thinking about it. But crises do worry him when he isn’t in the middle of them. He’ll probably never be a great Starfleet Officer, but he is on his way to be a good one.

But Duncan wants him to keep having him be shot at and wounded. Repeatedly. Go for it. I hope it can be compatible with the ideas I expressed. People working on improvement can be shot a lot.

Kret Paris Costume:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMljnnVAAA0w3V.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMljnQVQAAoGh3.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMljnNVQAAuqRC.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMljmkVwAAWv4a.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMmDCcVMAAPtMW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMmDCbU0AEIe82.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMmDCZVwAAVX2c.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMmDB4VwAEsM7q.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMny8oVwAE9SKN.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMny8iU8AA_Dtg.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMmkAHVAAArlxy.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMmkAHVAAArlxy.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMoxe7U8AA8MER.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXMoxfJVoAAnYzm.jpg

Post edited by hauriant on
  • Options
    haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    [Deleted Duplicate Post]
  • Options
    Is the finale going to conclude the others made or be its own entity?
    I only ask because my own covers certain revelations about the dissappearance as the player investigates.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Is the finale going to conclude the others made or be its own entity?
    I only ask because my own covers certain revelations about the dissappearance as the player investigates.

Here's what I'm looking to do with the finale. (spoiler tagged)
    1. Find Earth, explain why the search has been so difficult
    2. Introduce an extant faction of Preservers
    3. Delve into Black Box technology
    4. [Redacted, care of Lt. Tardigrade]
    5. Keep the anthology open for future missions.
    So far it's a cohesive story (with new twists of my own) but I won't be able to go further without making a mission that's difficult to play in its own right (there's a lot to cover here). So, I won't be able to touch on the continuing adventures of the U.S.S. President Archer, besides a mention in the intro indicating that the adventures are continuing (I want to give you as much latitude as possible to proceed with your story ;))

Also keep in mind that Greendragoon's introductory 26c mission will be out soon (if not already published for testing). This will establish why Earth (prime) went missing. So between us we won't have covered the T'kon (or what happened in their era, if I deal with Centaurus A history it'll be considerably further back), what's up with the Mirror Universe's Earth, or the plague mentioned in your epilogue. :)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Well a cure is found, but they don't know if the humans on Earth have it so 'They are on the clock to find Earth'.
    The two other points is that:
    Mirror Earth is missing, but is it by the same people? or by mirror versions? ... I just left that bit open.
    Also, as to what they know about Earth, only that TKON science/knowledge was needed to make it work.
    The TKON Knowledge; think of it as the Vulcan Database in Enterprise.

I don't see no reason the Preservers your talking about needed Tkon knowledge to repair their own technology.
    As for the disease you could just mention "Thank goodness, the planet is not infected" :smile:

I kept it simple enough aswell; to be able to add to whatever your story is and keep the Anthology flow.
    Just a few lines of dialogue-simple
    :wink:
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Also keep in mind that Greendragoon's introductory 26c mission will be out soon (if not already published for testing). This will establish why Earth (prime) went missing. So between us we won't have covered the T'kon (or what happened in their era, if I deal with Centaurus A history it'll be considerably further back), what's up with the Mirror Universe's Earth, or the plague mentioned in your epilogue. :)

Still working on it, but here's the current plot outline for the Pilot:
    1. You are called to investigate an anomalous reading from the Teneebia System
    2. Depending on which century you're from, you either follow a Vorgon fleet to Sol or find a temporal rift from a damaged Vorgon ship that takes you forward in time.
    3. You rendezvous with the Enterprise-J near the Sun and unsuccessfully attempt to stop the Vorgons from launching a device into the Sun triggering a coronal mass ejection headed straight for Earth.
    4. You and the Enterprise-J warp to Earth where everyone is quickly attempting to bring a planetary shield array online
    5. One of the generators isn't responding, and you are sent down.
    6. You discover Vorgons have snuck aboard and are attempting to overload the generator. You stop them, but due to damage the shield generator is only partially online.
    7. Having done all you can, your ship and the Enterprise are sent away carrying as many people as possible (including most of the cabinet and the Federation Council.)
    8. You rendezvous with and beam aboard the Enterprise where you witness Earth get hit by the coronal mass on sensors.
    9. Soon after everyone realizes that Earth isn't destroyed but completely missing.
    10. Further analysis reveals evidence of a subspace wake suggesting that the Earth was pushed through subspace. You are able to determine it's likely exit point somewhere in Centaurus A.
    11. You and the Enterprise are given orders to lead a taskforce in the search for Earth.
    12. The final scene is you and the taskforce emerging from hyperwarp, arriving in Centaurus A.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    One thing for you Ricky, don't worry if anything in your mission is contradicted by something we put in the pilot episode. That's our fault for not buckling down and having it out prior to the contest. You continue making the mission(s) you want to make :)

Anyway. I know Duncan has some thoughts on the finale, but my plan has been to wait, maybe even a year or more, and see what authors might come up with and tailor the finale to suit everyone's ideas.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    One thing for you Ricky, don't worry if anything in your mission is contradicted by something we put in the pilot episode. That's our fault for not buckling down and having it out prior to the contest. You continue making the mission(s) you want to make :)

Anyway. I know Duncan has some thoughts on the finale, but my plan has been to wait, maybe even a year or more, and see what authors might come up with and tailor the finale to suit everyone's ideas.

Fare enough. :smile:

I am bucking down and finishing my current series now anyway. Got a little pot of story ideas on the side ready for the next contest and ill just grab from that when the time comes :wink:
    STAR TREK CONTINUES