test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trapped in the Delta Quadrant! (Re-enacting VOY?)

shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
So. I logged in on one character, found she was where I'd left her, just outside Argala in the Delta Quadrant, and thought to myself, "OK, quick Argala patrol, get the daily Delta marks bonus, why not?" So I plunged in to the Argala patrol mission, there was a certain amount of unpleasantness involving the Hirogen, and after looting the bodies in the approved Starfleet manner, I left the system.

So far, so normal. Then I tried to auto-navigate to the fleet research station... and my ship wouldn't move.

So I tried turning it around and hitting the throttle manually. The indicator bar showed my ship at full speed... but it wasn't moving. I could turn in place (though the field of view indicator on the mini-map, interestingly, didn't move as I turned), but the ship still remained, well, nailed in place.

I tried transwarping to the research station. The sound effect played, the visual effect didn't... and my ship was still there, stuck outside Argala, only now with a transwarp cooldown running.

OK, I thought, let's try some other way of changing maps. So I visited my starship bridge. It was very nice. But when I came back out, my ship was still nailed to the spot.

There's no interact for the Argala system - I might have popped out just too far away for it to show up - so... anybody got any bright ideas as to how to get loose from this spot? Or am I, like Voyager, destined to spend seventy years trying to get away from the Delta Quadrant?

(The character with this problem is Talaxian - I suppose it's possible she's been feeling homesick and, now she's in the Delta Quadrant, doesn't want to leave. It makes as much sense as anything else I can think of.)
8b6YIel.png?1

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Sounds like you're stuck in the star. Usually transwarp or changing instances fixes this problem but it's apparently not. Perhaps head into a space queue and die towards the end and instead of respawning, leave the instance. It should put you back in sector space, dead. Respawn out here and it should move you to the closest sector spawn point.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to suggest. If you contact support, here's hoping they respond before you die of old age. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    No, I don't think it's the star - from where I'm stuck, I can actually see the star; besides, the game's been a lot better, of late, about not getting you stuck inside astronomical bodies (OK, so it sometimes throws me a sector or so away from where I thought I was, but that's an improvement, on the whole.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Get into queue or get someone to invite you to a pvp map. Choose ground map. Then leave the map you should be unstuck.
    OPv9m3F.jpg