test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to Obtain Specific Bridge Officers?

Hello all.

I'm looking into finishing my specific collection of Bridge Officers and was wondering what the best way to go about it would be. I'm still relatively new and don't know all the inns and outs of the game as I took a long break before diving into it again. I'm looking at getting 4 specific bridge officers to finish my list of wanted ones...

- Android
- Andorian
- Caitian
- Talaxian

I tried looking up the best way to get them on the STO Wiki but there was limited information. For isntance, the Android Boff was said to be given to those that reached the 700 day mark. Technically, I've had an account since day one on PC but I don't think there would be a way to get that Android Boff over to my PS4 version of the game. What other options are there for getting the Android?

I'm not sure on how to get a Caitian or Talaxian. Is it just a matter of going to the requisitions officer on the Starbase in the SOL system? On the STO Wiki, the Talaxian Boff was shown in red coloring which makes me think that it may not be available to Starfleet players. Playing earlier today though, I did see that someone was playing as a Talaxian captain via Federation.

I looked at the BO Requisitions Officer and noticed that they need dilithium to request some officers. How do you go about getting dilithium? I don't remember needing that to request Boffs when I played this at launch.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comments

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    The Android is an LTS perk - there is no other way to get it.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    The Caitian is only available via the C-Store, and the Talaxian is available via the Lobi store.
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    you can also get caitian intell officers form the bo req officer on esd for exampel and dil is gathered by mining it on the vlugata asteroid near ds9 or from most pve que's
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    If you're in a fleet with a sufficiently progressed K-13, you can purchase either an Andrea, or Dr Corby android for dilithium and fleet credits from the crew requisition officer on K-13. Andrea's good, she's worth having (although she can't run like other boffs, only 'jog' so in situations like the desert of Nimbus III, she will lag behind)

Andorians, can be purchased either for dilithium from crew requisitions, such as at Ops on DS 9, or Starbase 39-Sierra , or Earth Spacedock, etc, or, can be purchased for ec on the exchange :sunglasses:

(I forgot to confirm Caitians are available to requisition as intel officers)
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
    PS What kind of Andorian would you like? Male/female, engineering, tactical or science? Let me know,and you@game handle, and I'll send you one when I log on later :sunglasses:

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    OP - are you sure you don't mean an Aenar boff where you've written Andorian?
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    How do I get a female human purple boff?
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
    edited July 2017
    Elisa Flores is reclaimable (at no cost) from Starfleet academy (but not if playing an AoY character)

Other female human purple boffs (engineering, tactical and science) are available on on the exchange for ec :sunglasses:

PS Let me know what type you want (eng/tac/sci) and your @gamehandle, and I'll see what I have when I log in later. I'm sure I have some purple 'spares' :sunglasses:

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    All these officers (except Android) are available from the exchange too. Some won't be cheap but that's just how it is. Standard races like human and Andorian are available from miscellaneous DOFF recruitment assignments too. Just keep an eye out in your "personal" assignment tab. Common Caitian officers are also available for a tiny amount of dil from the BOFF vendor on ESD (next to the training manual vendor, down the stairs and to the left of Quinn's office.) Very rare quality Caitians are only available from the C-store or the exchange.

A few more points to clear up:
    • The 700 day mark doesn't just mean "700 days with an account." It means "700 days with a subscription."
    • No aspect of Star Trek Online transfers between PC and the consoles.
    • Dilithium you get from just about any activity in the game. Missions, PVE queues, battlezones, duty officer assigns, just play and it'll come. Once you get a handle on what gives what you can then start strategizing on how best to earn dilithium. But for now just focus on getting the basics down.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    I never understood why we got Common Intel Caitians, but not Common Intel Ferasans. :confused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2017

They're dirt cheap on the exchange.

Just type in 'Tactical Officer' or whatever type you want, select the Bridge Officer category and set the rarity to 'Very Rare,' and hit search. Just look through them until you find a female, there are a zillion of them available, they're easily affordable.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    PS What kind of Andorian would you like? Male/female, engineering, tactical or science? Let me know,and you@game handle, and I'll send you one when I log on later :sunglasses:

Awesome thank you. Female Science officer or Engineer; Science officer preferred. I'm on PS4 and my handle is Nate@Telekill . Thanks again.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I never understood why we got Common Intel Caitians, but not Common Intel Ferasans. :confused:
    it could be that Caitians are considered more intelligence (as in the job not the atribute) race, while Ferasan's are considered more of "warrior" race, granted that's a big odd as Ferasan's are "natural" telepaths (well as natural as any heavily genemodded species is).
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And they have 'nasty, big, pointy teeth'.

No wait, that was the Rabbit of Caerbannog. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    PS Let me know what type you want (eng/tac/sci) and your @gamehandle, and I'll see what I have when I log in later. I'm sure I have some purple 'spares' :sunglasses:

Thanks for the boffs. Received in mail.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg

Thanks for the boffs. Received in mail.
    No worries, I hope they'll be useful :sunglasses:

Awesome thank you. Female Science officer or Engineer; Science officer preferred. I'm on PS4 and my handle is Nate@Telekill . Thanks again.
    Ahh, I'm on PC, so I'm not 100% sure if the two systems are compatible :-\ When I log on later, I'll try and send them over, but as it's over two different platforms, I can't promise success... Fingers crossed though :sunglasses:

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Ahh, I'm on PC, so I'm not 100% sure if the two systems are compatible :-\ When I log on later, I'll try and send them over, but as it's over two different platforms, I can't promise success... Fingers crossed though :sunglasses:

Unfortunately... it won't work.

PC and console are on different systems. :(
    Insert witty signature line here.

Unfortunately... it won't work.

PC and console are on different systems. :(

Damn :( Sorry, telekill, looks like the powers that be prevent it :( Best advice I can give, is to keep re-running quick easy missions like Stranded in Space, picking up every bit of loot you can, recycling it for the ec, then hitting up the exchange... Really sorry I couldn't hook you up :(

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    all well and good for aesthetics and/ roleplay, I took into consideration abilities and traits.
    Spock.jpg

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    And they have 'nasty, big, pointy teeth'.

No wait, that was the Rabbit of Caerbannog. :)

They got 'em as well, though. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Most likely because one of them is Fed and the other is...what was that other faction called that wasn't Fed? :disappointed:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Most likely because one of them is Fed and the other is...what was that other faction called that wasn't Fed? :disappointed:
    I think it's the Orion syndicate? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Damn :( Sorry, telekill, looks like the powers that be prevent it :( Best advice I can give, is to keep re-running quick easy missions like Stranded in Space, picking up every bit of loot you can, recycling it for the ec, then hitting up the exchange... Really sorry I couldn't hook you up :(

No worries. Thanks for considering it. I was able to find an Andorian for pretty cheap on the exchange so I went that route. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the others.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Breen and Reman Boffs are only available during a Featured Episode Rerun. 'Cold Storage' and 'Cutting the Cord' are their Missions.

The Borg Male Boff can also be bought from the Omega Reputation through a 500 Mark Project, added within the last year.

The Jem'Hadar Boff can be claimed many times from that Facility 4028 Mission. Can only have one at a time. He used to be a source for Torpedo Spread 3.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

No worries. Thanks for considering it. I was able to find an Andorian for pretty cheap on the exchange so I went that route. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the others.
    No worries, glad to hear you were able to pick up what you wanted :sunglasses: