test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

more than one BOFF skill category?

I usually use Temporal BOFF skills on my ships. I have a new Command ship and purchased the Command Qualification manual I selected a couple of BOFF Command skills but the Temporal ones weren't replaced. What's up with this?

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Have u selected them on the "station" tab of your ship? Only there they will become active, not if you only selected them on the boff powers tab. :)

Edit: there is also an additional tab where you need to select the specialization the boff currently should fulfill. It’s an either or choice. If I remember correctly that one should be in upper right of the boff powers tab.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Have u selected them on the "station" tab of your ship? Only there they will become active, not if you only selected them on the boff powers tab. :)

Indeed. The abilities you select on boff themselves (not station) are just the default ones that will be set when you use the boff in a station, for the first time.
    Edit: there is also an additional tab where you need to select the specialization the boff currently should fulfill. It’s an either or choice.

For the OP: regardless of what Qualification you set here, abilities set in a station will remain valid (even when of a different Qualification). This is a good thing, btw, else loadouts would become messed up. However, different abilities of the old Qualification will become greyed-out. For example, you could have a loadout with Attack Pattern Lambda II (Pilot) in use on a boff. You could then switch your boff to Temporal, for instance, but APL2 would remain part of the loadout.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Thank you. I found the selection tab I neede4d on the BOFF skill page to switch between Temporal and Command skills.