test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some people...

newnjanewnja Member Posts: 137 Arc User
...do not want to learn the game mechanics, not even read the objectives. Yea, liberating ships brings more marks.

I just played Borg Disconnected Advanced. This guy... was killed by the Feedback pulse of the Borg Queen (I see many dying from the same without realizing it).

HIM: "Why does no one heal?"

ME: "Are u serious?"

HIM: "Too self-absorbed to heal someone else besides yourself?"

Just wanted to share that experience.

Comments

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    ...do not want to make informative titles to their threads.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    welcome to STO public queue...

but seriously, this is the case in almost any game I played over the years. However for me STO sticks out, because the game's franchise attracts non-gamers more than gamers...which leads to this kind of things happening very frequently in this particular game.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Yeah...I know how it is...had a Khitomer space Advanced a few days ago where three people were on one side and they let probes by them.
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Well i certainly try to heal when i can, usually too busy hitting the bazillion buttons. But a trait to have a separate counter for engineering team to automatically heal an ally in range under like 25% would be very nice for Starshi[p trait. I wish there were some tooltip clues for some STF missions, Like a pop up for Borg Dc that says "using an attack patter to gain temp points help when taking fire while freeing collective ship"

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Oh well... I see all kinds of people who don't know things that seem pretty basic to me. I see even more errors that are not necessary and could be prevented by paying attention. And these are not just new or bad players.
    Gravity Kills is one such mission where there are a lot of things that players just don't pay attention to.

I've been in teams where half the team would remain at the Tzenkethi bases and keep fighting enemies that would endlessly respawn... never wondering why this happened or bothering to deliver particles and just destroy the damn things.

Players who are entirely dedicating themselves to protecting the Jupiter... and then fail at this one thing they set out to do. Like not using heals on the Jupiter. Or players who don't realise that one tactical team will do more to protect it than all the Science teams at the Daystrom institute combined.
    Another example would be players who are completely oblivious to the power of a good draining ability and that shutting down an enemy completely usually does more to protect an ally than just hoping to kill enemies fast enough would do in many cases.

And that's just one queue.
    In the end though, it's a game so who cares when things go wrong? At least this kind of behaviour brings some much needed variation to the queues. Indeed, this unpredictable behaviour is the main reason why I've found PUGging always more interesting than pre-mades. And probably why I'm still playing. If perfect runs were all I could play, I probably would have left the game eons ago.
    Erratic or just plain weird (in the funny sense) team mates add some unique experiences to a mix that the game AI is, unfortunately but understandably, unable to provide.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    haven't learned how to compose a complete thread title ?
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    As for healing: I usually try to do that. Unless someone's deliberately trying to tank multiple enemies when it's completely unnecessary... like those players that throw their ship between the Gateway and Tac cube in ISA just to increase DPS.

I don't really care if they blow up.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I usually try to throw heals out if I see someone needs one. At least when I'm in queues.

Now may I ask...why are you unable to write complete, descriptive titles instead of clickbait titles?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Thanks for sharing. :neutral:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.