2»

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @smokebailey said:
    > k20vtec wrote: »
    >
    > No thx. These outdated-not-for-modern-audience **** cant appear or it'll scare away potentisl players.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, Star Wars, including all the new stuff, sure screams "DISCO!" to me, but it's not scaring ME away.
    > Hell, I see people half my age in resale shops I go to, buying RECORDS.

They are probably buying them for "scratching" at dj competitions, which will usually ruin them.

:tongue:
    You mean like this;
    (Actually pretty great use of the tables if I do say so myself - 1:25 if you wanna skip ahead to the "good" part)

https://youtu.be/ekgpZag6xyQ?list=[yt]PLQ-vtJliXSFdAIwuDvoUyQPor5gs1ulWM[/yt]

[img][/img]w1kwPnY.jpg
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yes, the rifle looks a bit too generic for my tastes, all I see TOS like here is the 3 cylinders in the middle, but that's it.
    while it's not best possible update they could have done the TOS rifle screams "cheap 1960s ray gun!" which is probably why it really seen only in 1 episode (the second pilot), if you're gonna set movie/TV series in era/setting as an older movie, you have to pick what parts you recon as limitations of the era, kind of how ships in Rogue One don't have massive matte lines around them even though it would have been impossible to do thos effects in 1976 without getting matte lines.

expecting anything that would not modify the rifle design heavily would be silly.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    That rifle looks like a combination of the ENT Phase pistol (in the front), the ENT MACO rifle (overall), and the TOS phaser rifle (with the cylinder trio in center) to me.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I'd like it too.

STO will of course increase the size of the pistols to those of the emplaced cannon from that episode but that's the price we pay.

Maybe, but I'd rather think they'd make the emplaced cannon into one of those heavy assault weapons, like the Boolean cannon.

Perhaps they could add in Pilot style Red TOS Twin beam arrays into the bargin.

Or as a deployable turret (emplaced Cannon). Would have a sustained beam on target, with that funky sound effect.
    That'd be pretty great. :smile:

[img][/img]odBr4eL.jpg

Phaser from this era hurt my ears if fire is continous, but I like where you're going with this. :smiley:
    ( besides, I can always turn down the ingame volume )
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Yea discovery phaser look like an hybrid of the laser pistol and the tos phasers but more like tos phasers.

dscphaserreveal-head.jpg

http://trekmovie.com/2017/07/18/star-trek-discovery-phaser-revealed/

The pistols on Pike's Enterprise were probably just older models. Professor Crater had such a weapon on his person in Mantrap, so it's reasonable to say that even during Pike's command, the ones seen were the older models.

Yea could be! :)

In any case the stuff shows that the creators of the new show put atention to details from canon.

I love it.

Edit: The new uniform department colors also seem to have thier origin in cage where red was not yet present and the main color is a hybrid with 2150s Enterprise and/or the Cage excursion stuff.

trekmovie-star-trek-discovery-uniform-breakdown-slice.png?w=620

And now I will stop hijacking taylor's thread. Sorry for it bud.

Is there a sortage of material? Why only half of a collar? :: rolls eyes ::
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yea discovery phaser look like an hybrid of the laser pistol and the tos phasers but more like tos phasers.

dscphaserreveal-head.jpg

The pistols on Pike's Enterprise were probably just older models. Professor Crater had such a weapon on his person in Mantrap, so it's reasonable to say that even during Pike's command, the ones seen were the older models.

In any case the stuff shows that the creators of the new show put atention to details from canon.

I love it.

Edit: The new uniform department colors also seem to have thier origin in cage where red was not yet present and the main color is a hybrid with 2150s Enterprise and/or the Cage excursion stuff.

I think it's supposed to be a closure of some sort. Not sure why that side is taller though...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    That rifle looks like a combination of the ENT Phase pistol (in the front), the ENT MACO rifle (overall), and the TOS phaser rifle (with the cylinder trio in center) to me.

And its a lot more practical looking than the TOS Rifle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    patrickngo wrote: »

dscphaserreveal-head.jpg

I love it.

make it easier to use a trombone while wearing it?

LOL Okay, then.