test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Battle of Korfez - Elite

nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
I'm just curious if anyone has managed to complete this mission since the great nerf?
Tza0PEl.png

Comments

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Yes. We've done it multiple times and finished it multiple times in both DPS Channels and The Science Channel.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Yep, we've completed it multiple times. But it's a *true* elite queue now, perhaps one of the hardest in game, boss stage especially is really complicated and requires a team of at least 75k DPSers, preferrably with at least one sci to subnuke it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_adoptAsSU
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Well done for completing it, but if you need to be as good as that the mission is still broken.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    lopequil wrote: »
    Well done for completing it, but if you need to be as good as that the mission is still broken.

Nope, the mission is actually all good atm. It was broken from DR until S13, being Elite by name, but actually Advanced by enemy difficulty. With S13, it has become actual Elite, both by name and difficulty.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Yes. We've done it multiple times and finished it multiple times in both DPS Channels and The Science Channel.

Yes we did too. Out of boredom with just a couple buffed JHAS T6. Good challenge too tiger-2.gif​​
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Yep, we've completed it multiple times. But it's a *true* elite queue now, perhaps one of the hardest in game, boss stage especially is really complicated and requires a team of at least 75k DPSers, preferrably with at least one sci to subnuke it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_adoptAsSU

Good to know the dps needed to complete this. I've tried a couple times with a fleetmate of mine in pugs, but we couldn't make it past the first wave.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ah yes, advocating a standard that only a tiny tiny group can enjoy. it's very popular these days.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options

100% correct

So every elite mission in game is broken? Just because you forumites can't handle them?

What we need is normal and advanced version of Korfez, not dumbing elite down again.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Whether it is beatable or not doesn't change the fact that the AI scaling was broken.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    > @tunebreaker said:
    > kragenskjold wrote: »
    >
    > lopequil wrote: »
    >
    > Well done for completing it, but if you need to be as good as that the mission is still broken.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 100% correct
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So every elite mission in game is broken? Just because you forumites can't handle them?
    >
    > What we need is normal and advanced version of Korfez, not dumbing elite down again.

I don't think there's any need to insult people with name calling.

But normal and advanced versions of the queue would be nice, then at least people have a rough idea what to expect and can challenge themselves to improve to do the elite version.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Nope, the mission is actually all good atm. It was broken from DR until S13, being Elite by name, but actually Advanced by enemy difficulty. With S13, it has become actual Elite, both by name and difficulty.

I agree, nothing wrong with Elite Queue actually requiring Elite play.

I don't know if I could make it through this queue or not, I believe I could on a good team. If I can't, then it's something to work for, it's a reason to improve.. there is nothing wrong with Elites being reserved only for the best of the best.

Advanced Queues are easy enough for anyone to get through and they reward well. High end players stomp them and low end players can easily find someone to carry them. The game currently has plenty of content for the low-mid range player, but nothing for the high end.

Elite Queues should be that content.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The way I see it by the time you are at end game and have maxed all the reps and other areas then you don't need any actual resources. So there's little difference between doing normal or elite in terms of what the reward is worth to you.

So with that in mind I'll happily play at normal level if my build is not worthy of elite content. I might only do 10k, so in normal it'll be a challenge and I'll still get to plough through enemies like I'm the Defiant in DS9. Doesn't always have to be elite content to have that feeling of being like a show captain. That's my feelings at least.
    I'm happy that some people have challenging content to keep them happy but I'm content to just stick at normal-casual level and enjoy myself.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    What I find puzzling is that a group of 75kers is presumably required for Fez now while the timer for Hive Elite can be beaten by a group of 30-35kers (or as demonstrated by the solo action of Ryan with is 180k build back at the day) if they are disciplined. I play HSE at times with my fleet mates and those minimum requirements still seem to apply.

As far as the discussion around here is concerned I skip taking any sides for a change. I enjoy challenging content a lot but when the main challenge is to find a group to get the respective content rolling in the first place the whole thing has a bad taste to it.

The ice got pretty thin.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    What I find puzzling is that a group of 75kers is presumably required for Fez now while the timer for Hive Elite can be beaten by a group of 30-35kers (or as demonstrated by the solo action of Ryan with is 180k build back at the day) if they are disciplined. I play HSE at times with my fleet mates and those minimum requirements still seem to apply.

As far as the discussion around here is concerned I skip taking any sides for a change. I enjoy challenging content a lot but when the main challenge is to find a group to get the respective content rolling in the first place the whole thing has a bad taste to it.

The ice got pretty thin.

The hardest parts of Fez right now are the Asteroid blockade (probably the hardest non-boss stage) and the Benthans because you need to have the damage output and survivability to solo your own lane. After that, it's the Implacable, which is where I found majority of failed runs in premades fail.

Basically you can probably do all the phases of Fez with a team of 30-50k'ers. It's when you hit Implacable that you need either very high sustained DPS (75k+) or very high spike/concentrated DPS (BO/CRF/Exotic builds) with 2 Sci's chaining subnukes to remove the Implacable's immunity to debuffs.

If Cryptic went overboard with Fez, it's with Implacable. Everything else in Fez seems fine to me. In fact, Gruber, another TSC member and I were able to PUG it and we got through the Benthan stage (where we solo'ed 2 lanes each) and reached the Implacable stage. That's where the lack of DPS started to show and that's where our PUG failed.

Edit:

I'd also like to add that the DPS requirements for most of Fez is roughly the same as Hive Elite. Fez is only "harder" because you need to move about (Hive targets are almost stationary) and there are objectives that need protecting. Hive's difficulty on the other hand remains on the survivability aspect of it.
  • Options
    All this talk about needing pre-mades of elite players is beside the point.

The mission is broken.

Enemies do ridiculous amounts of damage and have done since at least the space rebalance months ago. I'm hardly the best myself but I can say without ego that if I'm struggling as much as this there's something very, very wrong with the mission.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Um, well, it's elite, and by your own admission, you're not, soooo....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Um, well, it's elite, and by your own admission, you're not, soooo....

...so why is it that since the revamp it's gone from being tough but doable to practically impossible?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    I disagree. Before the revamp it was downright easy. It was barely any tougher than an Advanced STF. It was nowhere near a queue "designed to test our best and most powerful Captains in the game" that Cryptic declared an Elite should be.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Oh you silly person, hard before? I used to do it only armed with a Bat'leth in an Environmental Suit. Quick pop out the airlock and everything fell before me. It was glorious!!! ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Its an easy mission, I wish more people would que for it.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    All this talk about needing pre-mades of elite players is beside the point.

The mission is broken.

Enemies do ridiculous amounts of damage and have done since at least the space rebalance months ago. I'm hardly the best myself but I can say without ego that if I'm struggling as much as this there's something very, very wrong with the mission.

That's not how it works. *You* are not the measurement stick for what's elite, what's intended and what's too hard/broken. Reading your post, I'm afraid you either need to swallow your ego and have to accept that you are not one of the "best and most powerful Captains in the game", or try and actually work getting better and becoming worthy of completing an elite queue.
  • Options
    *You* are not the measurement stick for what's elite, what's intended and what's too hard/broken.

And nor are you, nor any of the other posters. Just because you can complete the queue doesn't mean it's working correctly.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    *You* are not the measurement stick for what's elite, what's intended and what's too hard/broken.

And nor are you, nor any of the other posters. Just because you can complete the queue doesn't mean it's working correctly.

So why are you better measurement stick for elites than I am?
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Past you not being able to complete it, how is fez broken?
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."