test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Movement key problem

Logged in yesterday to find a problem I think we've had before, but I don't remember how to resolve and I can't find a solution via searching the forums or Google. When moving my character or ship, continuous movement is interrupted somehow and I have to depress then press the key again to trigger movement. It's very frustration when maneuvering. Mouse movement seems to be the same way -- continuous movement in a direction is interrupted and I have to do something to get the UI to respond to movement again. Anyone else encountered this problem; how do I resolve or work around?

Comments

• Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    shanis281 wrote: »
    Logged in yesterday to find a problem I think we've had before, but I don't remember how to resolve and I can't find a solution via searching the forums or Google. When moving my character or ship, continuous movement is interrupted somehow and I have to depress then press the key again to trigger movement. It's very frustration when maneuvering. Mouse movement seems to be the same way -- continuous movement in a direction is interrupted and I have to do something to get the UI to respond to movement again. Anyone else encountered this problem; how do I resolve or work around?

Not having problems moving using the mouse, but having the same keyboard problem, tried redefining the keys, didn't work.

Edit: Just found out that it's not just movement keys, it's any key that you've binded, even if you reset to defaults it'll still happen

Edit: Possible workaround. I've just used the mouse for movement in space combat in the Japori System near New Romulus, changed to another character and don't seem to be having the issue anymore
    Post edited by wildthyme467989 on
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    I'm having a different problem with keys. Sometimes when I move, my character just jumps suddenly, even if I don't press jump key. It happens often, when I just walk or run. I don't know if this is related to keys or is something else.