test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUGGESTION for PVE QUEUES

a) Favorites for Fleet Actions. I'd love to be able to designate a bunch of favorites, and then with a click be able to join those queues automatically. Favorites would also include the difficulty level.
b) Autorejoin queues - once I complete a mission, I'd like to automatically re-queue for the remainder of the missions I had selected previously.

Comments

• seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I would like a filter for the special mark types(neural processors, ancient power cells) in the queue system. Some will give you a rep mark but not the special ones.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    Something needs to be done about the STFs. The only ones that people queue for are the Red Alerts, the Borg Disconnected and if there's an Endeavor for one of the others. I haven't been able to run one single Days of Doom in weeks or any other STFs for that matter.

You need to analyze the data and do a survey to gather the players' reasons for why they aren't playing those and only playing the previously mentioned ones. Then implement the necessary changes to make it possible to run those other ones more regulary.

One idea could be that you would get a bonus reward, with for instance refined dilithium or specialization points or something else that is coveted, from completing all the STFs connected to one category, like the Dyson, Undine, Nukara et.c.

Granted some categories only have one STF connected to it, but that is easily fixed. For instance Terran marks could be rewarded from all Tholian content. As they tend to show up when ever Tholians are around. The same for Delta marks and the Borg, Voth and Undine.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I would like to be able to hide the queues I have no interest in playing so I do not need to scroll through all the queues to see the ones I want to play
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2017
    Seems most my Captain's have a struggle in Mirror Invasion Advanced Queue most of the time despite having all Mk XIV Ultra Weapons, Equipment, Gear including Fleet Weapon's consoles... Several pieces if not half or more are also Epic.

Yet the only Captain I see doing decent to good damage is in my Fleet Morrigu / Mogai. There are just so many ships that can spawn and the damage they can do at times is insane - even the Morrigu used to be taken out quite easily. Thankfully, Morrigu had its Singularity overcharge fixed and added Experimental Weapon - caused it was practically hopeless before. While it does well, even it dies easily, as portals can spawn countless ships to overwhelm you especially if your alone in a fight.

Still it seems I'm having to find a viable build for my Klingon and Federation Command Science Battlecruiser's now; despite having exclusively Ultra Mk XIV Weapons, Fleet Consoles, Equipment with 70% at Epic. Not to mention my Tactical Starcruiser (Ody) can often feels weak in many fights despite most gear at Epic along with some great trait's.

Mirror is one of many Advanced Queue's that really sets a very high standard to master - it's why many Science or Engineers (7 of my 8 toons) struggle to feel competitive even with Epic Weapons, Gear or Items and some good to great trait's and/or Tactical Skill investments as well.

In Mirror Advanced the final Stadi or Ship has over 1.7m Hitpoints and often many NPC's will in missions will have 2x-7x or more hitpoints than you... ...That's only in Advanced despite them being able to hit just as hard as you. :'(

Want to discover how much the enemy your fighting has in HP just click the ship and select INFO. I think they set the bar a little too high for many Advanced Queue's / as for Elite Space - most I know completely avoid them like the plague.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    Yeah that certainly would be NICE, especially if you've been waiting awhile, you don't want to leave 1 just to add another...
    0zxlclk.png
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    In Neverwinter Online, Cryptic have made queues that are random.

You queue for a Random Skirmish or Random Dungeon and when a full team is gathered a random mission starts.

This could be a good addition to Star Trek Online too. Random Space Queue, Random Elite Space Queue, Random Ground Queue and so on...
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    mattachine wrote: »
    In Neverwinter Online, Cryptic have made queues that are random.

You queue for a Random Skirmish or Random Dungeon and when a full team is gathered a random mission starts.

This could be a good addition to Star Trek Online too. Random Space Queue, Random Elite Space Queue, Random Ground Queue and so on...

This could be really good, if split between Difficulties and Space/ground is implied.
    Also the reward for this should be choice of marks and elite marks and a 1 salvaged technology for normal, 2 salvaged technology for advanced and 3 salvaged technology for elite. Being willing to risk a random queue should be rewarded better, being a surprise, more challenging and more rewarding at the same time.

Great idea, @mattachine!
    I also play Neverwinter and suspect if they did it they'd have to create:

Random Normal 50-59 Space Queue
    Random Normal 50-59 Ground Queue
    -
    Random Normal 60 (Space or Ground could load) Queue
    Random Advanced 60 (Space or Ground could load) Queue
    Random Elite 60 (Space or Ground could load) Queue

I'm not sure we'd see a Dilithium bonus one time for the Random Queue however; Star Trek awards most DIL from Admiralty, Duty Officer, then normal Queue run's / Mission Replay's. If they did offer a Dilithium bonus for the first run of each random queue we might see the rewards slightly reduced for a select or specific queue on normal, advanced or elite slightly?

Still I think it might be a way to get people trying different missions a bit more often and cause queue's to load more often for sure. While Neverwinter only has ground combat I think it be better if STO for end game had only one queue for Normal, Advanced, and Elite. Instead the Queue would set a equal preference for ground combat and space or perhaps a 3/5 to 2/5th priority especially for Elite run's. Since far more are capable of being successful in Elite Ground than Space.
    0zxlclk.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    What about a vote restart if a queue fails rather than having to wait half an hour to try again?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      There are so many STFs that no one does anymore they should just convert them to single player missions so you still keep the storyline going. Let them award the marks at the end like normal.

Either that or every STF just awards a generic mark and you buy older marks with the generic marks. The 'Marks Vendor' could sell older marks for less, so newer players could catch up a bit in the gear department. Especially as older gear isn't as powerful as the new stuff, generally. You get 50 generic marks, you can trade in for 50 Lukari or 100 Tholian, for example.

Now if I could wave a magic wand, I'd make old STFs single player, but you'd have an 'away team' of 4 of your other ships you have at spacedock commanded by your Boffs. Obviously, STO's pet AP is as dumb as a bag of rocks, but it would allow the mission to be a bit more entertaining than just another single player mission.