test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will Phoenix Boxes appear again in the future?

Hey :)

I used to play a lot STO a few years ago, but within the timeframe that the 5 year anniversary took place I couldnt play for a few weeks because of private reasons in real life. I however wanted to get the Kobali Samsar cruiser so badly, but couldnt see a chance to get it since the anniversary was the onliest way to achieve it. So back then i quit playing STO.
Recently I did read something about those Phoenix Boxes where you can get this old stuff that is otherwise not achievable anymore. Those boxes were made available two times so far, and I was wondering if perhaps they might become a frequent thing in STO?
If I get a chance to get my beloved Kobali Samsar Cruiser I would gladly come back to STO and play it actively again, but if there is no way to achieve those old Items/Ships anymore I realy dont see any point in playing for me.
So does anyone know if those boxes (or maybe other ways of obtaining old stuff) will be made available again in the future?

Thanks in advance :)

Nicole

Comments

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I hope that there is a comeback for the Phoenix Pack, but not until I get to 400k refined dil w/o spraying my zen load at the dilithium exchange. I still have my heart set on getting the Sarr Thaln, the Plesh Brek, the Krenim Science Ship(for the flagship console), and the Rezreth(the Breen ships would be a dream come true for my main character and his brother). Also, upgrade tokens. And some other stuff.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    yes.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yes, as sheldon put it. After all, what is a phoenix? A mythical bird that, when it 'died', it would be resurrected or 'come back'.

So yeah, it'll come back. We just don't know when.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    This still isn't on the FCT?

7H0tNfX.png​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Another one of these threads?

PLEASE do a search before posting a new thread.
  • magamalimagamali Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Lets hope you are right guys, thank you for your response :)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    echatty wrote: »
    Yes, as sheldon put it. After all, what is a phoenix? A mythical bird that, when it 'died', it would be resurrected or 'come back'.

In all honesty, I think the reference to the mythical bird rising again pertains to the items inside the Phoenix box, rather than the box itself. Items you could no longer obtain, like the Red Matter Capacitor, the Crystalline Absorption Matrix, etc.

N.B. Still can't believe they let you have the Red Matter Capacitor for as cheap as they did. Certainly after The Desolation of Spartan, that thing is gold, I tell you. :) Pure gold.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    You could be right, meimeitoo, still it means the Phoenix box won't stay gone forever since they're always putting more 'stuff' into them.

They still come back.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    The Phoenix Box will return. It has been an event twice so far. Cryptic do not announce when it's coming, only how long it will stay once it's out.

Just save your Dilithium and bide your time, the box will come.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    You could be right, meimeitoo, still it means the Phoenix box won't stay gone forever since they're always putting more 'stuff' into them.

They still come back.

Oh, we'll definitely see it back. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

In all honesty, I think the reference to the mythical bird rising again pertains to the items inside the Phoenix box, rather than the box itself. Items you could no longer obtain, like the Red Matter Capacitor, the Crystalline Absorption Matrix, etc.

N.B. Still can't believe they let you have the Red Matter Capacitor for as cheap as they did. Certainly after The Desolation of Spartan, that thing is gold, I tell you. :) Pure gold.

Interesting.... I've had that thing since day one and I nearly always forget to use it. It is because of the timer and I always want to save it but that need it now moment never comes... I forget how I got it originally. I think it came with my LTS purchase. Back in the day I bought six copies of this game for all the initial offerings and sadly for the sniper rifle one the person never sent me the code.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Ya its coming back on August 6th.

Source?
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    [sarcasm]
    Ya its coming back on August 6th.
    [/sarcasm]

Fixed it for you. ;)

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    August 6th may be not too far off. The Dilitium Weekend is upon us later this week, Ferengi Admiralty is pooping out Dilitium, and the Ferengi 10 of 10 30k Dilitium Reward can be gotten starting on August 7th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    So I was off by four days as far as the start.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    How does Druk know this stuff.....

Guy is nothing but net.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    He was being 'facetious' at the time.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well, I splurged on them this time. Got one epic token and a slew of the others. Now just gotta figure out who gets the Sarr Theln, since that's the only ship in that group I don't already have. Then they can redeem a UR token for the Plesh Brek
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Well, I splurged on them this time. Got one epic token and a slew of the others. Now just gotta figure out who gets the Sarr Theln, since that's the only ship in that group I don't already have. Then they can redeem a UR token for the Plesh Brek

The Sarr Theln is a fun science carrier to fly. A good match would be a Romulan or KDF Science captain, so you can add even more space magic. Add extra pets with Photonic Fleet, and use Scattering Field to help keep them alive. Or a Fed Science I suppose, but they can get the Jupiter from the C-Store.
    edited August 2017

The Sarr Theln is a fun science carrier to fly. A good match would be a Romulan or KDF Science captain, so you can add even more space magic. Add extra pets with Photonic Fleet, and use Scattering Field to help keep them alive. Or a Fed Science I suppose, but they can get the Jupiter from the C-Store.

Thanks for the advice. I actually do have a Rom sci. Perhaps I'll give it to him. We'll see.

I already have the Jupiter on Fed side, and the Summer Event carrier. So yeah, Vince, my Rom LibBorg sci will get it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Bought 200 last night, saving the rest of my dil for the new Fleet holding that's coming.

Finally got my first UR token after opening about 1200-1600 over the last 3 Pheonix box events.
    Bad odds sure, but its hard to complain about those amazing tech upgrades.

Finally can claim my Bulwark :tongue: just gotta decide which toon gets it :smiley:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Opened a lot of these. Only for the upgrades and the VSS Tanius card on one toon so personally I don't mind... but I think it wouldn't hurt if they slightly increased the chances for getting a ship token. I think that, until now and taking all previous events together, I've opened well over 200 of these boxes. Never had a ship token so far.
    edited August 2017
    I got an Epic Token during the first Phoenix Prize Pack Event. Converted it to two URs and got a Bulwark and JHAS for two of my Characters, nothing since for UR or Epic. I have all the Event Ships T5 or T6. Got all Characters Doffs, Consoles, Weapons, Admiralty Cards, Tribbles and Emotes that they didn't already have.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I had some dil to spare on a few characters so picked up 40 yesterday, no surprise it was mostly green and blue tokens but I did actually get both an epic and UR.

So I now have to decide who get what as those will let me get someone a breen carrier with the proper frigates.

Greens will become upgrade fodder with the blue and purples being stashed for alts getting things like red matter and admiralty cards.
    Yeah. I got the Breen carrier/Plesh Brek for my RomSci. Gonna get as many of the upgrades as I can.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    The Phoenix Prize packs have appeared twice now on consoles, so I have to think that on occasion they will put in additional appearances. For me, the desired item is the Risian Luxury Cruiser, I have a character that would love to jaunt around the universe in one of those ships. Sadly I have struck out twice, so yes, I'm-a gonna be ramping up production of refined dilithium myself in the off chance that purchasing a larger stack of them will produce said result on the next pass?
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I opened around 1200 boxes now in total, still no Breen carrier for my KDF Sci char. It's the only Breen ship he doesn't have.

It's a good demonstration why one should never open lockboxes for anything but lobi.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg