test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game freezes during character loading (PS4)

ybotarolybotarol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
While running around Nimbus 3, the game froze. After restarting, I can no longer load that character. The bar on the "Loading Nimbus III" screen stops at 2/3. I've tried waiting 24 hrs, reinstalling the game, loading an alt character (which works fine) and then switching characters. No luck.

Comments

• Options
    realdadiorealdadio Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please help....Im experiencing the same thing. Cant log in at all....other characters are fine, just the one thats stuck on Nimbus III
  • Options
    feveefevee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    While Nimbus III is a good example, because I have a character caught in limbo there as well, the chances are that any planetary surface has a chance to freeze up during loading. It's especially annoying when I'm trying to get to Risa for the dance competition, and spend half an hour "loading" before I finally give up. (Speaking of Risa, the transwarp there is broken. Now it says something along the lines of needing multiple arguments.)
  • Options
    feveefevee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    ybotarol wrote: »
    I can no longer load that character.

Looks like Hassan successfully abducted and enslaved your character.
  • Options
    kedrinrahokedrinraho Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Open a support request or a live chat with support and they will move your character to the neutral zone. Nimbus III used to do this on the PC for me ages ago and did that just last night on the console (PS4 for me). I will personally just avoid Nimbus III for the moment.
  • Options
    mivok1mivok1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @ybotarol said:
    > While running around Nimbus 3, the game froze. After restarting, I can no longer load that character. The bar on the "Loading Nimbus III" screen stops at 2/3. I've tried waiting 24 hrs, reinstalling the game, loading an alt character (which works fine) and then switching characters. No luck.
  • Options
    mivok1mivok1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I experienced exactly the same thing. In the end I contacted the online support and Yumilla removed my character from the Nimbus III map and placed me in the Beta Quadrant. This worked fine. The only problem I envisage now is whether I will be hailed for new missions if I don't complete Nimbus III, hm.
  • Options
    zanos64zanos64 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am also stuck on Nimbus 3. I was headed towards the canyon where the Gorn are and the game crashed. I can load other toons on my PS4 account just fine, though I haven't tried doing a mission with them. I can do the DOFF assingments, R and D and rep. But the toon that is "stuck on Nimbus", the game refuses to load. Well ok, the game loads, but the loading progress bar stops about half way to 3/4s of the way.
    I thought maybe something was wrong on my side, so I deleted the game and reinstalled it. Nope, still stuck on the loading screen at Nimbus.
    I'm happy to see I'm not the only one.

• Options
    zanos64zanos64 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    kedrinraho wrote: »
    Open a support request or a live chat with support and they will move your character to the neutral zone. Nimbus III used to do this on the PC for me ages ago and did that just last night on the console (PS4 for me). I will personally just avoid Nimbus III for the moment.

I would open a ticket, but the stuck toon never loads. The game freezes on the loading screen on that one toon.
  • Options
    varik2320varik2320 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @ybotarol said:
    > While running around Nimbus 3, the game froze. After restarting, I can no longer load that character. The bar on the "Loading Nimbus III" screen stops at 2/3. I've tried waiting 24 hrs, reinstalling the game, loading an alt character (which works fine) and then switching characters. No luck.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I still have the same problem with my character Varik who is my first character and the one I've spent the most time and money on it still hasn't been fixed as of this posting
  • Options
    wraevynnwraevynn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've lost both my characters; one on NImbus III and the other on P'Jem; support tickets are going in unanswered. How does one live chat on PS4?
  • Options
    sonic7870#8477 sonic7870 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    wraevynn wrote: »
    I've lost both my characters; one on NImbus III and the other on P'Jem; support tickets are going in unanswered. How does one live chat on PS4?

When did you send the support ticket? It took a a couple of days to hear from support and my trapped character was restored a few hours ago of posting this.
    Salori (Fed Tactical) - 60
    Kitanca (KDF Science) - 53
    Jon (23c Fed Science) - 7
  • Options
    sonic7870#8477 sonic7870 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    varik2320 wrote: »
    I still have the same problem with my character Varik who is my first character and the one I've spent the most time and money on it still hasn't been fixed as of this posting

According to one of the devs posting on several bug threads the problem is being investigated but it'll take time to resolve the issue your best bet is to send a support ticket explaining that your character has experienced the same crash bug as others have experienced.
    Salori (Fed Tactical) - 60
    Kitanca (KDF Science) - 53
    Jon (23c Fed Science) - 7
  • Options
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    > When did you send the support ticket? It took a a couple of days to hear from support and my trapped character was restored a few hours ago of posting this.

My original ticket was over a week ago. As of earlier today mine still has not been fixed.
  • Options
    elimgarak#6047 elimgarak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Console: PS4

Loading screen stuck on Nimbus III

Happened this morning (7/21) at 3am cst. I was about to complete the final Nimbus III mission (Wasteland) and when I selected "return to ship" the loading screen came up and stopped at 2/3 progress. From the "choose character" screen, it loads into the frozen loading screen, so I can't access menu or options. I've force closed, restarted system, created/switched characters, and left STO on for hours at a time. I've submitted a support ticket to ARC, but I haven't heard anything yet. I've seen the exact issue on multiple (recent) boards, but no resolution.

PSN: Erik_1899
  • Options
    They had fixed my character and sent it back to another area of sector space. I should have dropped the nimbus 3 mission but I thought that they had fixed the freezing problem and I went back to try and complete the mission I had started. Big mistake!!! I'm now frozen again and stuck on the load screen again! If they fix it again for me this time I'm dropping the mission and moving on. I hope they can get the issue resolved soon and my main character Varik unstuck again and I promise I won't go back there again unless they say it's fixed if I get the mission ever again.
  • Options
    lancedarkcrestlancedarkcrest Member Posts: 2 New User
    i locked up running to gorn valley as well they moved me twice to unstick me now problem is i cant proceed untill i can go back to nimbus 3 to unlock next set of missions
  • Options
    xedalphaxedalpha Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2017
    Same for me. Was stuck after switching in the Gorn Canyon, got relocated to unstick, needed to progress the game so had to try Numbus again in the hope it would let me pass but it literally froze on entering the canyon and now waiting on support getting back re unsticking again. Seems to have only appeared since the last update though from what I've read it's not the first time it's appeared on all versions. Unfortunately it seems until this is resolved I can't progress this character any further in the story. EDIT: Char was unstuck by livechat (they'll help you with this if you have the same problem) in the meanwhile just need for this toon to sit on her hands until Nimbus isn't the deathtrap it usually is.
    Post edited by xedalpha on
  • Options
    lancedarkcrestlancedarkcrest Member Posts: 2 New User
    took a chance went back to nimbus 3 was able to finish my 2 final quests and got out no problems
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @zanos64 said:
    > kedrinraho wrote: »
    >
    > Open a support request or a live chat with support and they will move your character to the neutral zone. Nimbus III used to do this on the PC for me ages ago and did that just last night on the console (PS4 for me). I will personally just avoid Nimbus III for the moment.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would open a ticket, but the stuck toon never loads. The game freezes on the loading screen on that one toon.

You open a ticket exactly because it's stuck, so that they can move your character.
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @lancedarkcrest said:
    > took a chance went back to nimbus 3 was able to finish my 2 final quests and got out no problems

Would that mean a server side fix? Not gonna risk the known "stuck" zones until there is an official announcement, though, lol.
  • Options
    pimpc81#7514 pimpc81 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    My main character is also stuck here now. Game froze, then wont load now like several others here it seems. Please get this fixed devs. We're counting on you all.

My ticket has been submitted.
    Post edited by pimpc81#7514 on
  • Options
    There should be a feature on the PS4 choose your character screen to open a live chat through the PS4 to address issues that come up with loading, game glitches, etc. but ther is not. You can only begin playing, delete character, rename characters, and view news or log out. Why couldn't they put a help feature or something along those lines specifically for the PS4 system?
  • Options
    sinningsherlock#3471 sinningsherlock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    And that would explain why I can't find a live chat. It's happened to me twice now, on the same character. Took a chance on using the teleporter to get into the canyon after they moved me the first time. No dice. Currently waiting on a second move.
  • Options
    jakeyjake90#4050 jakeyjake90 Member Posts: 2 New User
    So even if my character gets moved out of Nimbus III, I still can't continue my game... i can't access other episodes until I complete that stuff right?
  • Options
    pimpc81#7514 pimpc81 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    2 days since I submitted a ticket. No response yet. How long does it take to hear from Arc? This is getting silly.
  • Options
    vjens#3118 vjens Member Posts: 1 New User
    I 'ere am getting the same problem. PS4 account. I was standing in the canyon, had to leave for dinner. When I got back to the game and tried to load the game it wouldn't load like all the other people. And yes I tried to reload it, and waited with every try around 15 minutes.

If the Arc teams get to this forum for help, I'd be appreciated.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    sinningsherlock#3471 sinningsherlock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I closed out a ticket because I wasn't getting anywhere, waiting for a response. As yet, have opened a new one and am still getting no response. That also might've been about two days ago.
  • Options
    genisvell1genisvell1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I really thought this would be fixed by now... How do i go about opening a "ticket" or reaching support?