test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Featured Episode: Brushfire

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Join forces with Rodek, played by Tony Todd, and venture into a secret Son'a prison to rescue the legendary Klingon hero Martok, played by J.G. Hertzler, in our latest featured episode, Brushfire!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10564334

Comments

• raahzielraahziel Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Qapla! I hope it will be glourious!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It includes great rewards that you can earn over the course of several weeks.

they better be...cryptic's idea of 'great' and mine tend to not align very often...or at all, especially after the LAST FE's offerings

the nuke was nice and all, but damn is it weak as hell, and the ground set was little better; though at least the weapon is stronger than the pistol from Survivors​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    While there will no doubt be much discussion on how this fits into the overall S13 storyline and that of the Klingons, I would speak on what I would like to see in terms of mechanical matters. First, whether this secret facility is planetside or not - a large ship constantly in motion would, I think, be easier to keep concealed - we'd have to get past whatever perimeter defenses exists; while secrecy is its greatest defense, I doubt Torg would rely entirely on it. These patrol groups might have set routes, and cautious players might be able to avoid the outer elements on their way to engaging the core group. Possible bonus: these outer elements might include remote platforms - as an optional objective, players might, after taking one down, use it as an access point into the external defense network, with the goal of getting the turrets/platforms immediately surrounding the facility/ship so that they fire on the defenders instead of the player(s); of course, engineering captains can do this quicker (a mechanic see in the Mirror Invasion event).

Once past the defenses, it's time to breach the facility. There are interior patrols, of course, also with patterns... and perhaps the alarm mechanic from 'Installation 18' can be adapted, so that if one does end up engaging a patrol, they'd be wise to dispatch them quickly before their back-up arrives. And then there's the matter of locating Martok. Sure, one could search cell by cell... or they could find the security office and crack its files for the exact location (and, incidentally, giving players the option of compromising the interior network, which would have the benefit of slowing response times).

With Martok out of his cell, things heat up a bit, with the rescue party having to fight their way to the extraction zone, and then out of the area. Now, keeping in mind that this is the Briar Patch... I seem to recall an earlier mission here, which presented environmental hazards players would be wise to avoid... or, if enemy ships happen to be in just the right place, exploit on their way in and out.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    So it sounds like House Martok is preparing to deliver sound justice to Torg. Good. Excellent. Exactly as it should be. I just hope we get to see Torg get his just "rewards". No doubt it will be glorious.
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Hopefully this is only one episode mission, a side story, whatever you wanna call it. Hopefully we get to the point where we start blasting more Tzenkethi into the vacuum of space with our ships.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    What the...!?

Why on Qo'nos would this mission be brought before the High Council let alone to the attention of J'mpok? J'mpok KNEW what happened to Martok! He was involved! A WITNESS even says as much! Rodek knows this because he tracked down the witness!

This blog virtually contradicts everything we learned in Tale of the Witch.

Adet'pa even says, after being asked by B'irja if J'mpok is a liar...
    “In this matter, at least, J’mpok is not a liar…not completely. He did, in fact, strike Martok with a killing blow. And, as he left the chamber to proclaim his victory, the forces of House Torg began their treacherous work.”

Not completely? You either lied or you didn't. Half a lie is still a lie and J'mpok LIED!

Adet'pa goes on to say...
    “I have kept this secret for too long. I grow weary of it. Torg did what he could to discredit me, and J’mpok did nothing to stop him.”

*Rodek* - “Why would he? To reveal that Martok still lived would come with many uncomfortable questions and demands. Blood oaths.”

*Adet'pa* - “Indeed. And so J’mpok remained silent when Torg’s efforts led to my… banishment. They thought to kill me, quietly, once I was publically dishonored and out of view. They have learned I am not so easily disposed of.”

"They thought to kill me." "They have learned I am not so easily disposed of." Not singular, plural. Indicating J'mpok was behind the assassination attempts just as much as Torg. Otherwise why say "they" when simply saying "Torg" would be enough, even if it were Torg and his cronies and not Torg alone.

I was hoping that J'mpok would indeed be innocent as I've actually grown to like his character over the years. But with the story in Tale of the Witch, there is NO WAY he is innocent. Incompetent, maybe. He is, or at least was, in league with Torg in an attempt to remove Martok from the scene, he cannot argue ignorance. He's either an accessory to Torg's crimes or he's an idiot. Either way, he is unworthy of leading the Klingon Empire.

So, unless the mission that Rodek brought before the High Council is NOT the mission to rescue Martok, rather a mission that puts him and his people within range of the Son'a prison and they are going to rescue Martok on the sly. Which if THAT is the case, well, then everything would work out just fine.

I guess we'll see next week.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    So it sounds like House Martok is preparing to deliver sound justice to Torg. Good. Excellent. Exactly as it should be. I just hope we get to see Torg get his just "rewards". No doubt it will be glorious.
    Best delivered, I would imagine, at the point of a d'k tahg. Though there is some appeal to the idea of Torg being made to... take a giant step for Klingon-kind.
    Hopefully this is only one episode mission, a side story, whatever you wanna call it. Hopefully we get to the point where we start blasting more Tzenkethi into the vacuum of space with our ships.
    Which is fine, although given the effort put into designing the Tzenkethi proper, more ground/shipboard encounters would by no means be unwelcome.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Best delivered, I would imagine, at the point of a d'k tahg. Though there is some appeal to the idea of Torg being made to... take a giant step for Klingon-kind.

Yeah, not a fan of taking a step for Klingon kind. Torg is just slippery enough, that I don't doubt he will find a way to escape that particular form of justice. No, I want to know he is dead. Even if I have to drag his smoldering carcass to Gre'thor myself.

Ideally he will meet his demise in a fiery blaze of House Martok Birds of Prey. However, Should such a death prove too good for that worthless petaQ, I am fine with a D'ktahg (or Batleth if one prefers) to the stomach. Again, as long as I see that worm draw his last breath.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I LOVED Martok. Very excited to see him again!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    What the...!?

Why on Qo'nos would this mission be brought before the High Council let alone to the attention of J'mpok? J'mpok KNEW what happened to Martok! He was involved! A WITNESS even says as much! Rodek knows this because he tracked down the witness!

This blog virtually contradicts everything we learned in Tale of the Witch.

Adet'pa even says, after being asked by B'irja if J'mpok is a liar...
    “In this matter, at least, J’mpok is not a liar…not completely. He did, in fact, strike Martok with a killing blow. And, as he left the chamber to proclaim his victory, the forces of House Torg began their treacherous work.”

Not completely? You either lied or you didn't. Half a lie is still a lie and J'mpok LIED!

Adet'pa goes on to say...
    “I have kept this secret for too long. I grow weary of it. Torg did what he could to discredit me, and J’mpok did nothing to stop him.”

*Rodek* - “Why would he? To reveal that Martok still lived would come with many uncomfortable questions and demands. Blood oaths.”

*Adet'pa* - “Indeed. And so J’mpok remained silent when Torg’s efforts led to my… banishment. They thought to kill me, quietly, once I was publically dishonored and out of view. They have learned I am not so easily disposed of.”

"They thought to kill me." "They have learned I am not so easily disposed of." Not singular, plural. Indicating J'mpok was behind the assassination attempts just as much as Torg. Otherwise why say "they" when simply saying "Torg" would be enough, even if it were Torg and his cronies and not Torg alone.

I was hoping that J'mpok would indeed be innocent as I've actually grown to like his character over the years. But with the story in Tale of the Witch, there is NO WAY he is innocent. Incompetent, maybe. He is, or at least was, in league with Torg in an attempt to remove Martok from the scene, he cannot argue ignorance. He's either an accessory to Torg's crimes or he's an idiot. Either way, he is unworthy of leading the Klingon Empire.

So, unless the mission that Rodek brought before the High Council is NOT the mission to rescue Martok, rather a mission that puts him and his people within range of the Son'a prison and they are going to rescue Martok on the sly. Which if THAT is the case, well, then everything would work out just fine.

I guess we'll see next week.

I don't think of J'mpok as complicit in the taking of Martok itself, but that he went along with Torg after the fact due to the influence that Torg still had at that point, and the fact that revealing what had become of Martok would lead to legitimacy problems for him. Torg kind of forced the issue on him. A case could also be made that House Torg and allies are what's being referred to as "they" and that J'mpok is only really guilty of standing by and doing nothing to stop it. In that case, J'mpok could be looking to atone for the dishonor that was mostly forced upon him after the duel, especially now that House Torg is completely dishonored.

In any case, I don't see the return of Martok as Chancellor, both due to how much rewriting work would be required for Klingon episodes, and due to real life circumstances for Mr. Hertzler, which probably preclude him from being able to commit to reprising the role very often in the future.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    I don't see the return of Martok as Chancellor...

I don't see him as Chancellor either. Luckily there is a vacancy in the Emperor department since Kahless went and got deadified during the Iconian War. :D
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    The only satisfying resolution to the Torg story is for him to receive the same end as Hakeev does when a Romulan plays it - execution of the disgraced petaQ (hopefully cutting off his self-serving last words in the ultimate STFU).

My real question though is about Martok. The Klingons view imprisonment as dishonour, and Martok has been through long-term imprisonment (requiring rescue) not once, but twice. Granted, both times were through his enemies' treachery, so that's in his favour. But still, would the Klingons be willing to reinstate as Chancellor a guy who needs someone to bust him out of stir on a regular basis?

If House Martok should supply the next Chancellor though (and since women cannot occupy a Council seat - the whole point of Lursa and B'Etor's political puppetry work), what about...Chancellor Worf? While I'd rather see Martok reinstated, at least Worf becoming Chancellor is the ultimate rags to riches story. Poor orphan boy, doomed to be raised in the Federation, overcomes faked family dishonour and his unfortunate upbringing, witnesses the death of his son and the mind-wipe of his brother, but at last wins the highest place in the Empire. You haven't experienced Dickens until you've read him in the original Klingon! :)

Nah, just put Martok back. We'll look the other way, as long as Torg and J'mpok are both terminated.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Jm'pok being on board with this is the most interesting part to me. I'm glad he's not implicit in the imprisonment of Martok - the web of House alliances with Martok and Torg on opposite ends has been interesting.

Especially as he's technically one of the most progressive Chancellors ever with the move to non-Imperials in so many positions.

Ja'rod going to show up? You guys remember him?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    Yeah, not a fan of taking a step for Klingon kind. Torg is just slippery enough, that I don't doubt he will find a way to escape that particular form of justice. No, I want to know he is dead. Even if I have to drag his smoldering carcass to Gre'thor myself.
    Admittedly, the setting being what it is, there is a way for Torg to survive such a trip, but it requires outside help; with the guard ships either out or range or destroyed, and the facility's own transporters under control or neutralized, the odds of such a thing would be pretty much zero. With that in mind, I think we can agree that application of fine steel would fit the bill.

Back to the subject of mission mechanics, it would be an interesting touch if there were multiple possible insertion points, each posing slightly different challenges to the same overall objective.
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'm just excited and wonder if Martok or J'mpok will be the ones to kill him or both if that's possible.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »
    I don't see the return of Martok as Chancellor...

I don't see him as Chancellor either. Luckily there is a vacancy in the Emperor department since Kahless went and got deadified during the Iconian War. :D

actually that would work well for the character and the actor because it wouldnt take alot of VA work, there would be references to emporer martok with a rare visit from the man himself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm when does this go live? Tuesday?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    One question. Does Kahless the Emperor also come back or is he really death
    Qapla'!
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Please let Kahless also come back. I miss him and love him very much
    Qapla'!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    While there will no doubt be much discussion on how this fits into the overall S13 storyline and that of the Klingons, I would speak on what I would like to see in terms of mechanical matters. First, whether this secret facility is planetside or not - a large ship constantly in motion would, I think, be easier to keep concealed - we'd have to get past whatever perimeter defenses exists; while secrecy is its greatest defense, I doubt Torg would rely entirely on it. These patrol groups might have set routes, and cautious players might be able to avoid the outer elements on their way to engaging the core group. Possible bonus: these outer elements might include remote platforms - as an optional objective, players might, after taking one down, use it as an access point into the external defense network, with the goal of getting the turrets/platforms immediately surrounding the facility/ship so that they fire on the defenders instead of the player(s); of course, engineering captains can do this quicker (a mechanic see in the Mirror Invasion event).

Once past the defenses, it's time to breach the facility. There are interior patrols, of course, also with patterns... and perhaps the alarm mechanic from 'Installation 18' can be adapted, so that if one does end up engaging a patrol, they'd be wise to dispatch them quickly before their back-up arrives. And then there's the matter of locating Martok. Sure, one could search cell by cell... or they could find the security office and crack its files for the exact location (and, incidentally, giving players the option of compromising the interior network, which would have the benefit of slowing response times).

With Martok out of his cell, things heat up a bit, with the rescue party having to fight their way to the extraction zone, and then out of the area. Now, keeping in mind that this is the Briar Patch... I seem to recall an earlier mission here, which presented environmental hazards players would be wise to avoid... or, if enemy ships happen to be in just the right place, exploit on their way in and out.

I'd say how this fits in to the Season 12 & 13 storyline is that we're rescuing the one man who knows what the Tzenkethi are up to with blowing up worlds that have those crystal formations.

Kahless is very much dead. T'Ket T'Killed him.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Are we General Rodek's friend? :)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

And possibly deep-sixed the Sword of Kahless into space.....
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

And possibly deep-sixed the Sword of Kahless into space.....

Not like that's the first time it's had THAT happen to it. The only difference is that next time, we'll be the ones sent after it, rather than Kor and Worf and Dax. :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    How can you kill the concept of Kahless?

Yes, this will be part of Tuesday's Update.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    this incarnation of kahless may have been killed...but he can be recreated if any of the original's DNA is left at boreth​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    .." in - TWO - days."
    https://youtu.be/lGCTD5o_eGI?t=4m50s

Youtube time placement is not working. Begin at 4:50.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • salvation4salvation4 Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    Adrian-Uss Sovereign NCC-73811 (LVL 65 FED ENG) UR/E MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (April 2012) (Main)
    Adu-Uss Firefox NCC-93425-F (LVL 65 FED AoY ENG) UR/VR MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (July 2016)
    Jean-Uss Seratoga Ravenna (LVL 60 FED Delta ENG) UC/R MKVI Bajoran Escort (April 2018)
    Dubsa-RRW Mnaudh (LVL 50 FED allied ROM Delta ENG) Warbird (May 2018)
    Marop-IKS Orunthi (LVL 50 KNG Delta ENG) BoP (May 2018)
    Kanak'lan-TRIBBLE (LVL 65 DOM Gamma ENG) TRIBBLE (June 2018)
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Think I remember a huge patch was done day before and game won't be up until Tuesday and the thread was filled with that I think. Was long time ago.