test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

111% Srs Bzns Build Advice

tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
Seeing all kinds of build advice videos flying around everywhere, me and Nirett got inspired and decided to do our own vid.
https://youtu.be/mQAd6cu2_TA

If you don't feel like watching the video, here is the transcript showing our builds.

Gruber's Scryer - USS New Queue UI (Temporal primary, Strategist secondary specialization)
Equipment:
Romulan Experimental Beam Array, Bio-Molecular Dual Cannons, Chronometric Polaron Beam Array – Everyone knows rainbow weapons are bad, but they’re all green, so it’s not rainbow
Jem’Hadar Deflector – for 2pc set bonus (+polaron damage)
Inhibiting Secondary Deflector – does damage with Gravity Well
Jem’Hadar Impulse Engines - for 2pc set bonus (+polaron damage)
Elite Fleet Resilient Shields – PESTF told me they’re OP
Nukara Mine Launcher, Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher, Omega Torpedo launcher – Nukara Web effect looks cool, torpedoes aft because my playstyle is to deplete enemy shields first, fly over them and release torpedoes at bare hull. And Plasmas have shield penetrating DoT.

Sensor Swarm – makes flying the ship feel more genuine
Neutronium Alloy [EPS] – gives resistances that are necessary to survive and EPS = DPS. I even watched a video about EPS (well, skipped over most of it, cause it was hard to understand and voice was monotone, but the author got at least +1 view).
Bio-Neural Gel Pack – Apart from reducing cooldowns, it also gives hefty boost to Shield HP and gives extra power
Shield Refrequencer – forums told me it’s OP
Interphasic Instability - +all damage and +hull HP
Sustained Radiant Field - +all damage and +healing
Polymorphic Probe Array - +Antiproton damage; yes, I know I don’t use Antiprotons myself, but the probes that the console spawns do
Nanite-Reinforced Circuitry – Gives me hull regen which is important to stay alive. Too bad they removed crew mechanic though, it improved my immersion so much seeing this console regenerating my crewmembers
Quantum Phase Converter - +phaser damage; my Fleet Support has phasers
Vulnerability Exploiter – I heard from somewhere that crits are important, and it gives me +torpedo damage

BOFF abilities:
Tactical Team – Everyone uses this
Kemocite-Laced Weaponry – Forums told me it’s OP
Beam: Fire at Will – Forums told me it’s OP
Emergency Power to Shields – I need heals to stay alive
Auxiliary Power to Emergency Battery – Keeping weapon power maxed at all costs is absolutely necessary
Engineering Team – More heals to keep me alive
Subspace Vortex – Not sure what it actually does, and it keeps bugging out for me, but I spent so much on it, it’d be a waste not to use it
Feedback Pulse – DPS Channels told me it’s OP
Science Team – Even more heals
Gravity Well – Purple blob in space is pretty
Jam Sensors – I don’t like it when enemies fire at me too often
Scramble Sensors – Enemies fire at each other instead
Hazard Emitters – And even more heals

Traits:
With traits it’s easy, I just chose everything that says „Superior“ or „Improved“, because clearly those are the best. I also have Living Hull and Automated Rerouting to keep me alive even better.
For my reputation traits, I followed the advice of my expert friend in ESD Zone chat and slotted everything there to make me even more durable.

I’m hoping that @mmps1 will soon write a complete description of his build, but so far I’m going with this shorter version.

Nirett's D'deridex - RRW Torptankin Yo (Pilot primary, Temporal secondary specialization)
For his Torpedo-Tank, he is using only torpedoes, because they have the biggest damage numbers. Most of them are green, to get that romulan-canon feel. Others are claimed to be OP by various sources.

Some of the most important consoles are:
Exotic Particle Field Exciter [EPS], because EPS=DPS
Fleet Dilithium Mine consoles – resistances help to keep tank alive
Subspace Jumper makes the ship more mobile
Plasma Wave buffs aft plasma torps

Boff abilities are also very carefully selected – ship has many heals... Emergency Power to Shields, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field and Reverse Shield Polarity. Aux2SIF is also valuable due to the fact it procs Attrition Warfare. It also has Polarize Hull to boost resistances even further.
Build also makes heavy use of Gravity Well, to collect all the enemies scattered around by Tractor Beam Repulsors this build also uses, and prepare the enemies to recieve Torpedo Spread, Dispersal Pattern Beta and Call Emergency Artillery.
Cornerstone and main damage dealer of this build is, however, obviously Beam: Fire at Will, just because how OP it is.
And we can’t forget Auxiliary Power to Emergency Battery to keep weapon power at max, Emergency Power to Auxiliary to restore aux power after using aux2bat and Directed Energy Modulation. Last one benefits heavily from a DOFF called Marion, but Nirett hasn’t got it equipped cause it also works from DOFF Roster. Our expert friend in ESD Zone confirmed that.

As the intended role of the ship is tank, traits are not that important. Perhaps worth mentioning are Emergency Weapons Cycle (OP ship trait according to Reddit), as well as traits to sync with Polarize Hull and Reverse Shield Polarity, and Super Charged Weapons (excellent torp-boat traits according to Doffjobs).

However, something that should be covered extensively are Duty Officers.
Nirett’s vessel uses a Conn Officer to reduce Tac Team’s Cooldown, another Conn Officer to reduce the Cooldown of Emergency Power to Engines, Survivor Telen to placate the attackers (a tank needs every bit of help with survivability), and a Fabrication Engineer that just increases the duration of RSP (not that good, but as I said, every bit helps). Finally, Zemok and Dicrok – without those 2, any sort of DPS would be unthinkable.

Hopefully, this post/vid helps you all to ascend to a new level in terms of ship building, and shows how the thought process you have currently used to build your ships might not be exactly spot on.

In case you didn't understand, the post and video are satirical. If you were offended, perhaps it's time to thoroughly assess either your own build(s) or your sense of humour.

Comments

• trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    gruber you silly - everywun knows that to drain shieldz properly you need dem tets duh ;)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Phasers or GTFO

It's a joke brought you by Light@Eisn. Nice choice on the song, keep up the good work. :P

The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    edited July 2017
    lighte007 wrote: »
    Phasers or GTFO

TETS MASTA RACE

• lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    trejgon wrote: »
    Phasers or GTFO

TETS MASTA RACE

Nah, its PHASER is the MASTA PC RACE. >.>
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    I'm going to head over to the bug section in a sec to report that shocking bug. 0 dps from faw? nah that ain't right, something is defo not WAI.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
    edited July 2017
    trejgon wrote: »
    Phasers or GTFO

TETS MASTA RACE

Nah, its PHASER is the MASTA PC RACE. >.>

go tets or go home!
    EDIT: *disclaimer* all my posts within this thread are exacly as serious as opening post

• e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I used a D'Deridex cause it's by far the best looking rom ship and I wanted a tank. Space barbie is the real endgame. You know, I've watched lots of trek over the years and the d'dex is most defo one of the biggest and meanest ships in trek so it defo has to be in sto too. I also heard someone in zone a while back say all torps are best on any ship cause they do the most dmg and if you look at the tooltips they defo do. I got a 32k one shot off the temporal distruption device! Point proven.

Equipment:
    Pizza torp - Cause it's good with shields, or something. It's also kinda pretty, green so it's canon and makes a nice laggy FX.
    PEP - Man, the folks in The Science Channel just rave about this torp. It's also green (so rom canon) and makes a pretty bumparp cloud. I think that also does dmg or something? I'm guessing that's boosted by +plasma stuff, which is why I have some gear to boost that.
    TDD - This is a no brainer for torps cause the tooltip shows it does well massive dmg. 32k one hit yo.
    Grav torp - I have some stuff on to boost sciencey things and that makes this better, for some reason.
    Omega torp - It's plasma, I'm boosting for that and it's another green one.
    Rom hyper torp - Well obvs, cause this is romulan. Also, I heard that it fires torps faster so that makes more dps.
    Vaad cluster torp - Man, the numbers on the tooltip make this look crazy. It done 106k one hit yo, worth it even if the cd is long.
    Nuka mines - As a tank I sometimes get shot at, so this can disable enemies and stop them shooting at me..

Temp deflector - This boosts sciency stuff so my gwell is stronger and helps the grav torp.
    Adv combat engines [spd] [turn]x3 - to make my d'dex move as sweet as a small moon.
    Dyson Sing Core - Pretty sure this boosts sciencey stuff.
    Elite fleet Adaptive Resilient shields - Cause someone told me they were the best for tanks.

All my consoles have been selected because they either boost a vital stat like eps, provide res, make science stats better or provide a boost to plasma weps. The mining laser is there cause it's canon for rom ships of this time period. Saw it in a movie, 100% trufax that.

Boffs:

I've gone for a selection here that will provide great synergies for this build. I read somewhere that A2B is back again, so I'm running one copy of that, to make it better I use ep2aux. I'm using a gwell to bunch up enemies so my TS1 will kick their faces in. 3.3km radius, 400 dmg and -0.11 repel is coming off that badboy. I'm making use of this command seating ship by having Call Emergency Artillery 1. As these are rom ships they'll be using plasma weps and I have some consoles selected to boost plasma dmg.

Traits:
    EWC - apparently no dps builds can be successful without this and I take dps very seriously, even when tanking.
    Ablative Field Projector - Cause I'm tanking and this provides a heal or something.
    Improved Polarised Hull - I'm using polarise hull cause I'm tanking and this trait does something with that. I think it makes my ship faster cause it removes speed debuffs? Something like that anyway.
    Super Charged weapons - I read somewhere this is a must have when using torps.
    Explosive Polarity Shift - I'm using RVSP, even have it doffed, so this is a must have when using RVSP. Also, I'm boosting stuff like ctrlx and epg, so that will make the blast wave stronger as those things always boost stuff that sounds sciencey.

Gruber already explained my doff selection really well. All of those doffs are utterly required for a torp tank build, one that wants to do dps anyway.

All in all this build was a real success as I didn't die once and that means it must have been helluva tanky.

Stay safe out there captains, it's a rough universe when you're not in a canon siege torp tank o7
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."