test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screenshot Contest: Vorgon Ryn’kodan Carrier

feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
Hello everyone!

We are proud to host our next Screenshot Contest! This time, it features the free ship from this years summer event.

The theme for this contest:

Vorgon Ryn’kodan Carrier
The Vorgon Ryn’kodan Carrier has to be on the screenshot. The rest is up to you!

Conditions of participation:
  • To participate you need to send in the screenshot link here or at our website and we need your @handle. If your character is called John@Doe, add @Doe to the comment with your entry here or at the forum.
  • Only one screenshot per person is allowed.
  • The use of photoshop or other similar programs to enhance the picture is allowed and highly appreciated.
  • Not allowed are 3d rendering programms, it still has to be a ingame screenshot!

Deadline to participate and send in a screenshot is 27th of July 2017 6pm UTC.

The STO-League Admin Team will determine the winner after the deadline.

Prize:
  • The screenshot from the winner will be used for the shipbuild post at www.sto-league.com.
  • In addition, the winner will get 10 Masterkeys (PC Version of Star Trek Online)

The winner will get the Masterkeys per in-game mail short after the decision is made.

Disclaimers:
  • The members of the DPS-League Adminteam are not allowed to participate.
  • No cash disbursement is possible, recourse to the courts is not permitted.
  • With the entry you allow us to use the screenshot for the website www.sto-league.com

Your sto-league.de Admin Team

P.s.:
To take a good screenshot use the /screenshot_jpg command.
You could although try to increase the resolution by using /renderscale 2 or higher. The normal is /renderscale 1. But be careful, this is only for better computers and could slow down your game drastically.
Post edited by felisean on

Comments

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    So, by allowing photoshop, You're saying a person can have great photoshop skills but a terrible screenshot skill and they could still win. Think I'll pass. Any monkey can photoshop a bad pic into a great one.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Any monkey can photoshop a bad pic into a great one.

But why already start bad? It's a contest you know. I think your best bet is to take a great screenshot and photoshop it into an epic one. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    So, by allowing photoshop, You're saying a person can have great photoshop skills but a terrible screenshot skill and they could still win. Think I'll pass. Any monkey can photoshop a bad pic into a great one.

since its so easy and a monkey can do it, you might wanna show us your photoshop skills than :)
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User

since its so easy and a monkey can do it, you might wanna show us your photoshop skills than :)
    ROFL! Brilliant response!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Deadline to participate and send in a screenshot is 27th of Juli 2017 6pm UTC.

Love a good contest. But, erm, Summer Event ends July 20th, right? So, wouldn't it make more sense to start the contest after ppl had a chance to obtain the ship?! (Personally, I'm still a week or so short).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Love me a good screenshot contest. I'll be ready once i have the ship.
    SulMatuul.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Love to participate, BUT i wont get the ship in time, and i have been doing the mision every day!, thanks anyway :smile:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Love a good contest. But, erm, Summer Event ends July 20th, right? So, wouldn't it make more sense to start the contest after ppl had a chance to obtain the ship?! (Personally, I'm still a week or so short).
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Love to participate, BUT i wont get the ship in time, and i have been doing the mision every day!, thanks anyway :smile:

Huh? It's still over a month until 27th of July so there IS enough time to get the ship & create a screenshot!!! *^_^*

"We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Huh? It's still over a month until 27th of July so there IS enough time to get the ship & create a screenshot!!! *^_^*

Odd, i read June 27!, if it is July, i'll love to parcipate!, nice!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    will try once I get the boat :)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png

Oh the event runs till one week AFTER the summer event (July 27th :) ). I've just posted it that early that people might be able to get the ship stil in time :)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It is a good time to mention that you should absolutely start running the event no later than tomorrow, if you absolutely can't your last chance will be monday IF you play the event cooldown a bit.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It is a good time to mention that you should absolutely start running the event no later than tomorrow, if you absolutely can't your last chance will be monday IF you play the event cooldown a bit.

yea good hint, in case you dont want to spend enormous emounts of lobi for it at the end ^^
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    You'll need average of 50 lobi or so per lost day so it's not TOO bad for a pretty decent account unlocked carrier if you're at the end and missed one or two days.. I've bagged it already because I calculated how I'm gonna lose a lot of days this year and its kind of a fun little ship. Definitely one of the best looking Cryptic designs for sure. I've appropriately named the two I've opened so far "Independence" (DOS X-Wing fans rejoice) and "Home One". Ill prolly throw a submission into this because why not.. like I said it's a REALLY good looking ship :)
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    10 keys...uhmm? and just 1 winner? why not 100 keys or better yet 1000? tiger-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    storules wrote: »
    10 keys...uhmm? and just 1 winner? why not 100 keys or better yet 1000? tiger-2.gif​​

We always take donations to increase the prize list :)
    My guess would be that first persons got their ships so far. I'm already curious about all the awesome screenshots we will see :)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    My guess would be that first persons got their ships so far. I'm already curious about all the awesome screenshots we will see :)

Dude, I saw people with the ship on day 2. Some just have loads of lobi to waste.

Dude, I saw people with the ship on day 2. Some just have loads of lobi to waste.

I know, but thats only a small minority. now its the time several people should got the ship without spending tremendous amounts of lobi ;)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I have a few, but don't cosnider them an entry or anything, it's just an initial view on the ship pig-1.gif.

8BZjJN3.jpg

9gutXIa.jpg

qyXE0mU.jpg

I like the elegance and smoothness while still being a really massive ship. You can imagine it's almost like a flying city.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I will be acquiring the ship today. People who hurried already have it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I have a few, but don't cosnider them an entry or anything, it's just an initial view on the ship pig-1.gif.

8BZjJN3.jpg

9gutXIa.jpg

qyXE0mU.jpg

I like the elegance and smoothness while still being a really massive ship. You can imagine it's almost like a flying city.

from the angle in the middle picture, it looks like a cross between a mon calamari ship and a nubian (a.k.a. naboo) ship

it also has elements of a protoss carrier (mainly in the silhouette and color scheme)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2017
    shendreolos__001_by_salacnar-dbeyomj.jpg
    Okay here is my entry for this contest my @handle is @LightningPrimo
    Post edited by salacnar070890 on
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    Here's my entry:

IMG_1635_zpspixd3omu.jpg

Yes, I'm only joking :wink:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Sure, sounds like fun. Here's a shot for me... @cuchulainn74
    6huUYR8.jpg
    Post edited by cuchulainn74 on
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

Here's my entry:

IMG_1635_zpspixd3omu.jpg

But you matched the requirements so.. ^^
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    Here's my entry:

IMG_1635_zpspixd3omu.jpg

But you matched the requirements so.. ^^
    :D:D
    Well, if it matched the requirements, to make it an official entry, my in-game handle is kek@silverlobes#2676 :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    7awvjfa.jpg

Just an everyday combat, abusing the laws of physics in a most beautiful way
    or to put it another way "Its like looking at Gods TRIBBLE" (don't blame me, but thats what the person I showed it to said and its apt)

@burstorion
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    Got my Carrier last night, but for some reason, it's not allowing me to zoom in as close to it as I can with other ships, unless this thing is bigger than it looks...; anyone else having this problem?
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D