test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 K't'inga = unobtainium?

I can't even find one on the Exchange. It seems there are none to be had, for love or money.

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Since the KDF player base is smaller than the Fed player base there are likely fewer D7 Temporal Battlecruiser available that are floating around out there compared to the Temporal Light Cruiser (TLC). Since even the TLC is not listed on the Exchange it is no surprise the D7 isn't either.

The trade price for the TLC is over 1.5B EC and it is logical to assume that the D7 will have an even higher price tag.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Yeah well, given my limited financial resources...

Thanks for the reply, and the information :)
    Yeah, I pretty much stick to C-Store ships since they are easier to buy and less expensive compared to promo ships.
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Yeah, I pretty much stick to C-Store ships since they are easier to buy and less expensive compared to promo ships.

I know, I know, I just really have a thing for the old D7, and the retrofit is highly unexciting. The Fleet retro adds one more Sci console (probably not the most useful), but costs 4 fleet modules for what is still a very unimpressive upgrade.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    As I understand it, these T6 Promo ships are not available individually. They come in a "pick your ship" pack. So if you can find this pack in either the Fed or Rommie side, you can transfer it over to your KDF character berfore you open it and get your D7.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Requisition_Pack_-_23rd_Century_Tier_6_Ship
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    As I understand it, these T6 Promo ships are not available individually. They come in a "pick your ship" pack. So if you can find this pack in either the Fed or Rommie side, you can transfer it over to your KDF character berfore you open it and get your D7.

No, they are temporal light cruisers, and where in the R&D promo pack, i have one, as i got one when i was buying the boxes for lobi... then one appeared in my inventory...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Try searching for
    gaevsman wrote: »

No, they are temporal light cruisers, and where in the R&D promo pack, i have one, as i got one when i was buying the boxes for lobi... then one appeared in my inventory...

The D7 is the T6 K't'inga. However, either this promo box was one of those that awarded the faction-specific ship rather than a box containing a choice of ships, or there are none available on the exchange.

I've looked for the pack @centurian821 named (which is the correct one) as well as the individual ship requisitions and I can't find any of them. This seems strange, given that there are still Annoraxes on the exchange but not beyond the realms of possibility; if the promo box gave a requisition box with a choice of ships it's possible they were all snapped up by players who wanted the T6 Connie.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    There is a fleet ship that looks just like the D7. You're gonna need 4 mods for it tho. It holds up well as a T5U.

OK, thanks for the heads-up. There are none of those packs on the Exchange. Ah well, as I said, it would have been beyond my means anyhow. sigh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzVeXrkXGw
    cross821 wrote: »
    There is a fleet ship that looks just like the D7. You're gonna need 4 mods for it tho. It holds up well as a T5U.

Yeah, I mentioned that above. It's a dog, not worth the 2000 Zen when all it gets you is one more Sci console, and a miserly handful of additional Hull HP.
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    cross821 wrote: »

Yeah, I mentioned that above. It's a dog, not worth the 2000 Zen when all it gets you is one more Sci console, and a miserly handful of additional Hull HP.

Better then nothing. Feds and Roms would have to use a T1 ship if they want the look.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    There are none on the exchange right now. Once supply is replenished, there are 3 ways that they can be listed on the exchange and are as follows.

Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack
    Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship
    Special Requisition Pack - D7 Temporal Battlecruiser
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User

I found that package yesterday... The guy wanted nearly 400 keys for it... Insane...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    To correct some misinformation from people who don't know what they are talking about:

the TOS ships in question come from a CHOICE pack.

the person who opens the CHOICE pack gets whatever ship their FACTION can use

Yes, the faction pack can be traded/sold. However,

The CHOICE pack is also tradeable, and is worth more in it's unopened state than trying to sell an already chosen faction ship pack.

so what you should really be looking to buy is the CHOICE pack, not a faction ship pack someone has already gotten out of the CHOICE pack.

Thanks for your post. Now what is the current price of that CHOICE pack? If it exceed the exchnage cap that CHOICE pack offers no better CHOICE than in the faction selected state I'm afraid.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited June 2017
    aspartan1 wrote: »

I found that package yesterday... The guy wanted nearly 400 keys for it... Insane...

So basically about $450 USD or 2 billion EC. Good thing I don't care about promo or lockbox ships.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    About 10 days ago I put a T6 TOS ship choice box up for the exchange cap at 1 am pacific time (not exactly peak hours in the US...). It was there little less than 6 hours.

Even if they're coming up for sale, the window is gonna be brief...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2017

So basically about $450 USD or 2 billion EC. Good thing I don't care about promo or lockbox ships.

Neither do I. For the most part.

The only reason I have a Paradox, a Quas, a Tadaari, an Acheros and a Wells is because I have very generous friends who bought/gave (after opening box that contained one) them to me as special occasion gifts or just because they thought I could use them. And I have.

Oh, and the Tufflis I've acquired have also been gifts from friends. And I am very appreciative of that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Well, this was an interesting and informative discussion. My thanks to all who contributed.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Neither do I. For the most part.

The only reason I have a Paradox, a Quas, a Tadaari, an Acheros and a Wells is because I have very generous friends who bought/gave (after opening box that contained one) them to me as special occasion gifts or just because they thought I could use them. And I have.

Oh, and the Tufflis I've acquired have also been gifts from friends. And I am very appreciative of that.

You are very lucky on that, i do have mine product of infinity lockbox/r&d promotions, but i was chasing for lobi, thats how i got the Acheros, the Temporal Light Cruiser and the Quas, then i buyed the Paradox, the Temporal destroyer (twice for different chars) with lobi, and the rest i got them from the Exchange, the entire Herald set and Tolian set, and my beautiful T'Laru, and now, i'm doing savings to get the 26 temporal dread for one of my Klingon chars, all in all, i'm very happy that they are available on the Exchange now :blush:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Looks like you're in luck...they just reintroduced the R&D Box that contains it. Mine dropped early on, but I fly it...it's not for sale.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But not an R&D Promotion Infinity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I had good luck with the R&D infinity promo. Got a promo box and was able to unwrap it as a Sheshar. Only promo ship I still wanted at the time. If I were to get another I'd probably go Klingon heavy dread/mobile starbase thing.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Caused too much angst for the Private Channel sellers.

Who just said this in another Thread?

'Dont let one of those scammers rip you off.

Before long they will do an infinity promo rerun and then the price goes down down down.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Aaaaand the T6 TOS bundle is BACK.

I'm feeling like my timing selling mine was pretty good :blush:.

I will again buy my usual 4 or 8 of them to open for lobi, and if I get a ship, it's going up for sale. So here's my real dollars (maybe) giving people a crack at this for monopoly money. Everybody wins.