test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Updated Constitution and Miranda Options!

Comments

• Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I'd love to see the cosmetic changes done to the Constitution (i.e. - the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" variant) applied to the other 23rd century ships like the Atlas, Pioneer, and Ranger classes.

I think it would look schmexy.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    tenjefftenjeff Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    How could they release this lovely ship, the most popular ship in Trek, without a T6 cruiser for people to buy? Do they not like making money anymore? I want to give them money for a T6 cruiser, but they don't have one. I really hope they release one soon.
  • Options
    tenjeff wrote: »
    How could they release this lovely ship, the most popular ship in Trek, without a T6 cruiser for people to buy? Do they not like making money anymore? I want to give them money for a T6 cruiser, but they don't have one. I really hope they release one soon.

Umm... The T6 Connie is available through the promo pack special.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I'd love to see the cosmetic changes done to the Constitution (i.e. - the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" variant) applied to the other 23rd century ships like the Atlas, Pioneer, and Ranger classes.

And the Pioneer used on Mirandas, so you can have a t6 version
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

All the 26th Century Temporal ships can use the appearance of their 23rd century counterparts, so you can technically have all the 23rd century temporal ships at T6...

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    shaneseifertshaneseifert Member Posts: 59 Arc User

All the 26th Century Temporal ships can use the appearance of their 23rd century counterparts, so you can technically have all the 23rd century temporal ships at T6...

Except the Constitution. They made T6 versions of all of them, except the Constitution. I finally won the T6 gamble box Connie, but I am still hoping that at some point they release a non temporal T6 version of the Constitution so its unlocked on your whole account. All other things aside its a beautiful ship that should be around for those that wish it at end game,
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I don't understand why people nag about a Tier 6 Constituion Class. This class of ship was discontinued by Starfleet because of the weak neck region as shown on the Enterprise where the ship almost got split apart.

The Miranda Class however was continued because it was a "work horse" of the Federation.

In TNG/DS9 you see a lot of work horses being old Miranda Class Ships, but there are no Constitution ships around. The neck region is simply too much of a design flaw. The tech manuals on Star Trek say that the Consitution was discontinued due to the neck design, and it's why the Excelsior has such a thick neck. And the saucer was much closer to the Engineering Hull.

Though it makes no sense because the Ambassador Class pretty much has the same thin neck design, though it's a bit thicker I suspect. And I guess different construction.

Remember that Star Trek Online has to conform to the guidelines given by CBS/Paramount.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    There was a Constitution at Wolf 259. They were also less common than the Miranda in the first place (12 as of TOS but obviously slightly more were built later). The most obvious reason we don't see them in TNG onward (in-universe explanation) is that they were very few made like the Ambassador.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    There was a Constitution at Wolf 259. They were also less common than the Miranda in the first place (12 as of TOS but obviously slightly more were built later). The most obvious reason we don't see them in TNG onward (in-universe explanation) is that they were very few made like the Ambassador.​​

I guess the Constitution Hull was there because of budget debris, haha. Same way the U.S.S. Lantree and the Soyuz-class are obviously both Miranda Class ships referred to as something else because no money. lol. But that's a topic for another day! :D

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    llsuntzull wrote: »
    Really like how Perfect World is trying to bank off of people gambling for the damn thing, by spending Zen.

Tip: You'd probably make a lot more profit through Zen, if you just released it on the Zen Store. Just sayin..

It's quite sad really how blind they are.
    Making it a C-Store purchase just like "all" the other TMP era ships would indeed give them more profit. If they don't make as much as they hoped they would still gain a tremendous amount of goodwill and good standing with their playerbase, and that in itself is worth its weight in gold.
    Either way Cryptic/PWE win on this and the players win too.
    How would you even know that? Do you have any access to Cryptic data and have seen what kind of money they make from C-Store sales vs Promo Box or Lockbox sales?

And what if it doesn't matter if it would make them more money, but it's the condition under which they operate? Giving players an Imperial Star Destroyer would also make them money, but they don't do it, because their license wouldn't allow it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    llsuntzull wrote: »
    Really like how Perfect World is trying to bank off of people gambling for the damn thing, by spending Zen.

Tip: You'd probably make a lot more profit through Zen, if you just released it on the Zen Store. Just sayin..

It's quite sad really how blind they are.
    Making it a C-Store purchase just like "all" the other TMP era ships would indeed give them more profit. If they don't make as much as they hoped they would still gain a tremendous amount of goodwill and good standing with their playerbase, and that in itself is worth its weight in gold.
    Either way Cryptic/PWE win on this and the players win too.
    How would you even know that? Do you have any access to Cryptic data and have seen what kind of money they make from C-Store sales vs Promo Box or Lockbox sales?

And what if it doesn't matter if it would make them more money, but it's the condition under which they operate? Giving players an Imperial Star Destroyer would also make them money, but they don't do it, because their license wouldn't allow it.

Well, at this point the majority of people willing to gamble/pay a fortune for the ship have already done so, so the promo version will likely be seeing diminishing returns going forward. Releasing a slightly inferior C-Store variant, with an amazing set bonus that requires the promo variant's console, would allow them to make additional sales from those who either refuse or can't afford the gamble/exchange option, while simultaneously double dipping on profits from those who already have the promo version.

Literally the only explanation for never having a C-Store variant would be if CBS says "no".
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    @mustrumridcully0 , did you update your Temporal Light Cruiser with the new Refit bits? If so, I would enjoy seeing screenies of it in the Epic Screenie thread. I thought your previous kit-bash was quite good. Also, I like to think I saw it in orbit over DS9 at one point. Or someone else who copied your design.

@smokebailey , you mentioned refitting your Temporal Light Cruiser with some of the new, old... new/old? options. I would enjoy seeing it in the Epic Screenie thread as well.

I went with the Temporal T'liss, so I would like to vicariously enjoy the awesomeness of Thomas's work.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people nag about a Tier 6 Constituion Class. This class of ship was discontinued by Starfleet because of the weak neck region as shown on the Enterprise where the ship almost got split apart.

The Miranda Class however was continued because it was a "work horse" of the Federation.

In TNG/DS9 you see a lot of work horses being old Miranda Class Ships, but there are no Constitution ships around. The neck region is simply too much of a design flaw. The tech manuals on Star Trek say that the Consitution was discontinued due to the neck design, and it's why the Excelsior has such a thick neck. And the saucer was much closer to the Engineering Hull.

Though it makes no sense because the Ambassador Class pretty much has the same thin neck design, though it's a bit thicker I suspect. And I guess different construction.

Remember that Star Trek Online has to conform to the guidelines given by CBS/Paramount.

You are, as Doug Drelxer, is thinking with "ape brain". Any highly sophisticated and advanced culture would make ships with materials and techniques that would make the ship ship super strong. Hell, the Constitution took a nuclear bomb blast, nearly point blank in balance of terror. You wanna see primitive and clumsy.....look at the scene of the JJ Prise being put together, piece by piece, by a bunch of sweaty guys with welders.......THAT was laughable. That is why the JJ Enterprise was sliced and diced by the swarm.

I ignore what manuals and CBS/Paramount says. Folks like Jefferies and Drexler know what advanced would be. And My fav 2 designs are the TOS Constitution Class and the Universe Class.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    @mustrumridcully0 , did you update your Temporal Light Cruiser with the new Refit bits? If so, I would enjoy seeing screenies of it in the Epic Screenie thread. I thought your previous kit-bash was quite good. Also, I like to think I saw it in orbit over DS9 at one point. Or someone else who copied your design.

@smokebailey , you mentioned refitting your Temporal Light Cruiser with some of the new, old... new/old? options. I would enjoy seeing it in the Epic Screenie thread as well.

I went with the Temporal T'liss, so I would like to vicariously enjoy the awesomeness of Thomas's work.

Haven't had much time yet, @redvenge. Mostly doing the summer flight thing, and the stuff I did so far I am not sure I am quite happy with it yet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    You are, as Doug Drelxer, is thinking with "ape brain". Any highly sophisticated and advanced culture would make ships with materials and techniques that would make the ship ship super strong. Hell, the Constitution took a nuclear bomb blast, nearly point blank in balance of terror. You wanna see primitive and clumsy.....look at the scene of the JJ Prise being put together, piece by piece, by a bunch of sweaty guys with welders.......THAT was laughable. That is why the JJ Enterprise was sliced and diced by the swarm.

I ignore what manuals and CBS/Paramount says. Folks like Jefferies and Drexler know what advanced would be. And My fav 2 designs are the TOS Constitution Class and the Universe Class.

And considering more modern ships than the Constitution are still being built by workbees over skeletal frames into DS9 the TOS Conni would also have been built the same way. You can even see that skeleton on the USS Constellation. The TOS Conni would have been built in exactly the same way as the KT Conni except in space. Workbees and people with welding equipment.

Also, the shields stopped the blast from the torpedo, shields that were down after the initial attack from the Swarm. There was also only one torpedo vs. 1000s of the Swarm. If you're going to criticise something at least compare like for like situations.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    True, ships are all assembled manually (a work bee is just a very advanced wielding tool), even post TNG because it has been established that a ship frame and the internal components cannot be replicated or assembled via industrial transporters. It is actually a big part of Roddenberry's technoskepsis - during Star Trek's run people faced automatisation putting many people out of their jobs. Needing big crews to build and actually work these ships was important.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I'm still a fan of the idea of the Universe Class being somehow grown. Imagine trying to build a skeleton for that. Esspecally as the nacelles don't even fully attach to the pylons.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    and the swarm would still tear the J to pieces just as easily as it did the alternate!enterprise - it would just take longer because the J is a lot bigger​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Depends on what the plot requires. If the plot says the shields hold then they hold. If the plot says they fail they fail.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    I'm still a fan of the idea of the Universe Class being somehow grown. Imagine trying to build a skeleton for that. Esspecally as the nacelles don't even fully attach to the pylons.

I can see the ship being grown, poured, printed, woven or manifested onto the skeleton.

~pictures a large beam of energy moving across the ships, with each movement, more of the ship begins to appear~

And, in MY own cannon, I see the ships being woven like threads upon threads, like in "Wounded Sky" or the parts of the ship being manifested, out of energy from the zero point field itself.

I personally want to see FLOATING engine pods on ships, no physical connection. Like this project I was playing with. PoBVNxS.jpg I really need to get back to that one. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @ssbn655

The KT Connie was a lockbox ship, TOS was not, KT Intel Dread is Lobi (easiest of the 3 to obtain). Nonetheless facts are facts.

Call it what you will except for the KT dred, the TOS ships Constitution/D-7/Romulan BOP and the KT connie were a gamble box item. I tend to use lockbox for items behind a RNG wall. Ah well... maybe one day I'll get my Tier 6 D-7.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    @mustrumridcully0 , thanks for the shots in the epic thread! I had to use the direct links.
    Your ship looks really good.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The USS Aper in Eath orbit next to a retrofitted Miranda

07Le2c2.jpg

The Aper above Risa

VynScjp.jpg

and the USS Scrofa, a Light Cruiser Refit

IkjGo5k.jpg​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    this is cool and I love it, but where are all the trolls that said this would never happen? because (whatever)
  • Options
    salvation4salvation4 Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    The trolls are awe struck.. :D
    Adrian-Uss Sovereign NCC-73811 (LVL 65 FED ENG) UR/E MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (April 2012) (Main)
    Adu-Uss Firefox NCC-93425-F (LVL 65 FED AoY ENG) UR/VR MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (July 2016)
    Jean-Uss Seratoga Ravenna (LVL 60 FED Delta ENG) UC/R MKVI Bajoran Escort (April 2018)
    Dubsa-RRW Mnaudh (LVL 50 FED allied ROM Delta ENG) Warbird (May 2018)
    Marop-IKS Orunthi (LVL 50 KNG Delta ENG) BoP (May 2018)
    Kanak'lan-TRIBBLE (LVL 65 DOM Gamma ENG) TRIBBLE (June 2018)
  • Options
    vinny#6447 wrote: »
    this is cool and I love it, but where are all the trolls that said this would never happen? because (whatever)

They are too busy sitting in their rooms, talking to themselves.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    salvation4 wrote: »
    The trolls are awe struck.. :D

ain't that the truth:)
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    I don't understand why people nag about a Tier 6 Constitution Class.
    [SNIP]

Because it is THE iconic ship from Star Trek. For over a decade and a half it was the ONLY hero Star Trek ship. Kirk's original Enterprise (and refit). NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D. Or E. Or NX. The ship that IS Star Trek.

A lot of us grew up with that ship before Next Gen was a twinkle in Gene's eye. Long before Michael Westmore ever smacked the first Cardassian over the head with a spoon. Long before Kate Mulgrew was Mrs. Columbo (much less Kathryn Janeway). Long, LONG before Scott Bakula Quantum Leaped his way to Warp 5. This ship is the proverbial IT. For many of us, she is the Holy Grail of imaginative dreams of starflight. 50 years of love of Star Trek were born and raised on THAT ship. For you youngsters who grew up with TNG and the later shows, maybe she wasn't your first love (Trekwise); but for me, and many others, she was. And is. To you, perhaps, she may look dated and cheesy. To us, she is beautiful, elegant, and graceful beyond all her successors. Her clean hull (free of greeblies and Aztec patterns) gives her a streamlined look, and the same unblemished skin shared with the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo craft, and even with the Space Shuttles.

(BTW, The D-7 (as opposed to the greebly K'Tinga) and the Romulan Bird of Prey (T'Liss) often strike us the same way. Clean. Graceful. Elegant. Unlike THEIR successors).

Many of us remember the years when there was ONLY the Original Series, before Next Gen arrived. And you know what it was called then? Star Trek. Not TOS. Star Trek. And that original Constitution was "the Star Trek ship". She is (and always will be) OUR ship of dreams.

That's why, Snowwolf.