test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Announcing the Ferengi Admiralty Campaign

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PC will soon have a new Campaign to send their ships on - not for exploration or glory, but cold hard profits.

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10542693

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Completing all 10 “Tour of Duty” assignments for the Ferengi Trade Alliance will reward players with 30,000 Dilithium Ore.

Reaching Tier 10 within this Admiralty Campaign grants players access to Quark's Triumph - an Epic-quality Admiralty Ship card. Quark’s Triumph is a high-end cruiser that reduces the maintenance time of every ship on the same assignment.

So... A rehash of the KDF Admiralty Campaign with something extra thrown in?

A possible hint as to a new faction?

Idea... Have some of the random items it gives be Lobi or GPL. Make it more worth the while to do the campaigns.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Got excited when I saw the word "announcing", then saw "admiralty" and lost all interest
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Idea... Have some of the random items it gives be Lobi or GPL. Make it more worth the while to do the campaigns.
    Completing assignments for the Ferengi Trade Alliance offers various rewards, with a primary focus on Dilithium Ore and Gold-Pressed Latinum.
    So, there is GPL rewards already. For Lobis, no chance, unless it's like 1 per crit chance on specific assignments, once a day only.

What I hope is a revamp of the Latinum store, because so far, most of the items are mostly useless AND on a timer.

Also, I dunno how to feel about the Tour of Duty granting the same reward as the KDF ToD. More Dil is always good (except for the Zen-Dil exchange ratio until a Phoenix Box event arrives to clean the saturation), but I'd have expected and welcome something to distinguish both campaigns, like less Dil but 5,000,000 EC per account per day for example.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Some kind of Lobi special reward would have been neat.

I think however this means there is no point whatsoever in running the Romulan campaign. Two ways to get Dilthium, one way to get Spec points. The few upgrade tokens are really not worth it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Will you be adding more things to the GPL store? I feel like it's entirely pointless to offer GPL when the entire GPL store offers nothing of interest if you already own the clubwear and shuffle emote, while the party balls are cheap enough to last forever. The KDF tours offer the same amount of dil, so I'm not quite sure why I would run this one more than once after I get the card.
    SP9Pu.gif
    edited June 2017
    ...but I'd have expected and welcome something to distinguish both campaigns, like less Dil but 5,000,000 EC per account per day for example.

I'm honestly glad it wasn't EC. I could do with less EC inflation.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Completing all 10 “Tour of Duty” assignments for the Ferengi Trade Alliance will reward players with 30,000 Dilithium Ore.

Reaching Tier 10 within this Admiralty Campaign grants players access to Quark's Triumph - an Epic-quality Admiralty Ship card. Quark’s Triumph is a high-end cruiser that reduces the maintenance time of every ship on the same assignment.

So... A rehash of the KDF Admiralty Campaign with something extra thrown in?

A possible hint as to a new faction?

I want them to do something like the Legacy of Romulus expansion but with the Alpha Quadrant races. Possibly either a Detapa Union or an Alpha Union. Cardassians, Bajorans, Ferengi and rogue Jem'Hadar and Vorta.(though the Vorta would still love The Dominion, they have their own rationalization for joining this faction)

Maybe link it all to the Time-Travel arc we've been having, like how Legacy of Romulus was linked to the Iconians. Have the Na'khul and the Terran Empire trying to covertly take over this new union from within and give us more on the True Way. Would be nice to have more stuff on the Ferengi too.

• theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Run out of ideas, personnel to realize them or both?
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    shouldnt they award lobi instead? 100 lobi every time you hit finish tour of duty 10...
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    While i salute the general ideea, in practice this is worth almost nothing and only serves as a timegate trap.

As long as the admirality active projects slots are not suplemented or made non-shared you can basicaly do the same ammounts of projects. Why would you pick new one that shares dil rewards with gpl when gpl is usseless ?

Also without a basic AUTOFILL system the admirality is a damn clickfest. I do lots of damn cliks at work
    . Many good things happened is sto lately maybe its time for such a upgrade.

If projects slots are not suplimented, made non-shared or a autofill system is not implemented adding a new campaign is just a timegate/clickgate trap. Nothing of real practical value...
    Post edited by daciaeterna on
    tigeraries wrote: »
    shouldnt they award lobi instead? 100 lobi every time you hit finish tour of duty 10...

As long as it takes to get to Admiralty level 10, I think that wouldn't be worth the run. Now, if you did a sliding scale of Lobi rewards per level (i.e. - 10 Lobi at ToD 1, 20 at ToD 2, etc), then it would be worth the grind without making the rewards obnoxiously huge. Plus, it would be a way for someone to get Lobi directly instead of grinding out Dilithium to get Zen (or grinding EC) to buy keys to open lockboxes.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Member Posts: 55 Arc User

Those are more like special rewards for indulging in things at least vaguely related to spending money. For example, you mainly get them from lockboxes, which you need keys to open. It'd be sort of like having Zen as an Admiralty reward...
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Seems a bit plain and boring. So its the same reward as the KDF one I already do every week. What's the point in this one? You can only do 1 admiralty a week. So do this one once then just switch back to doing the KDF one?
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Its only good for the epic admirality ship card
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User

Thats like 20-25 keys worth of Lobi. Way too much.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    Another admiralty is always useful as is the option for another 30k dilithium every 10 days.

Some variety in the admiralties would have been nice, but i cannot think of an unique and actually useful reward at this time.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Seems a bit plain and boring. So its the same reward as the KDF one I already do every week. What's the point in this one? You can only do 1 admiralty a week. So do this one once then just switch back to doing the KDF one?

Exactly! As i said before, no active slots supliments/unshare and no autofill ... with same or less rewards ...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I like this idea. Always liked Ferengi as a 'force' since Birth of the Federation game. Glad the ToD didn't give worthless latinum. I think the Ferengi should be a bigger 'faction' in STO.
    If nothing will be added to the GPL store, I would suggest making the 10th tour reward you with a mixed bag. Enough XP for about 2/3rds of a bar, 10k dil, and an upgrade?
    SP9Pu.gif
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Eh, more dilithium is okay with me. But honestly, I've really come to loathe admiralty. It's mindless busy work because you aren't producing enough real content.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Completing assignments for the Ferengi Trade Alliance offers various rewards, with a primary focus on Dilithium Ore and Gold-Pressed Latinum.

Who asked for this? Seriously, which STO players decided to plant their flag on the battlefield of "Not enough ways to get Gold-Pressed Latinum!"​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    YAY!!! More Copy/paste jobs...

JUST what we needed.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User

...A possible hint as to a new faction?...

It's no hint...no sir-ee! It's a definitive new Admiralty Card system! This one, Ferengi based! Enjoy!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

goodscotch wrote: »

...A possible hint as to a new faction?...

It's no hint...no sir-ee! It's a definitive new Admiralty Card system! This one, Ferengi based! Enjoy!

:/

Things I want in STO:

• smagatonsmagaton Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Bah, rather have master keys, 2-4 per tour would be a greast motivator for the next lock box event!!:)
    Make GPL great again - transfer some stuff from lobi store over:)
    smagaton wrote: »
    Bah, rather have master keys, 2-4 per tour would be a greast motivator for the next lock box event!!:)
    Make GPL great again - transfer some stuff from lobi store over:)

That might be a good ideea!
    If not add something usefull on lobi store ...