test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to get past Cryptic launcher, new PC and questions

Hello, I recently built a new PC and am unable to get past the initial launcher. Files get verified, press engage and then crash.

I've tried the "Safe Mode" and the Command Line "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9" (as well as both), ut same crash. I also reinstalled the game.

I have updated Java (32 and 64 Bit), using Windows 10 with DirectX12.

This question may seem silly, ut if I'm using DirectX12, should the Command Line prompt read differently in some way?

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Having the Command Line "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9" is deprecated and no longer valid, D3D9 support is gone and you must use D3D11. That line, back when it was valid, was for older systems mainly so a new computer shouldn't have needed it anyway.

Does it crash with the Command Line being blank? Double check that your drivers are fully up to date from the manufacturer's website.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    Thank you for the reply!

I've tried it with the Command Line blank and in Safe Mode (also blank and not in Safe Mode) and it crashes at the Cryptic splash screen, sometimes not even getting there.

I'm very confident all software is up-to-date for Java, MOBO and Video Card. I considered using a Compatibility Mode to Windows 8, yet wouldn't the game be Windows 10 accessible?
  • Options
    camoninja1stltcamoninja1stlt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i am having the same issue any help would be nice
  • Options
    louiscyfer666louiscyfer666 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    check your Gameprefs.Pref located in the .Live/localdata/

if it is faily too small then your setting is borked like it happened with my install after the latest patch.
    I also tried a complete reinstall, didn't help much because the patch is borking it.

so I took an backup of my Gameprefs.Pref and replaced the borked one

clues and hint I had any logfile with ERROR
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting.
    It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Spock -
  • Options
    ccthrawnccthrawn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    check your Gameprefs.Pref located in the .Live/localdata/

if it is faily too small then your setting is borked like it happened with my install after the latest patch.
    I also tried a complete reinstall, didn't help much because the patch is borking it.

so I took an backup of my Gameprefs.Pref and replaced the borked one

clues and hint I had any logfile with ERROR

I started having the same issues yesterday, and this is the first post that made me actually check something physically. This file is currently 7KB so I believe I have this problem.

The bigger issue is, I don't believe I have a backup anywhere...
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    My game works fine and my gamepref file is only 10K. You can delete the gameprefs file completely. All that happens is that it gets rewritten with default values instead of any settings changes you have made.

Since I didn't see it mentioned, make sure you run the launcher as administrator, if you launching through steam or arc, set those to run as administrator also.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png