test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screenshot Contest Results!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's time to announce the winners of the Screenshot Contest! Thanks to everyone who sent in an entry!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10537363

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    So much sweetness! Congrats to the winners, looking forward to these brightening up the game. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cedmon91cedmon91 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I'm so happy and surprised to see my Intrepid starship screenshot, this really made my day!!! :)
  • ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    so many nice Shots! Congrats to all the chosen ones! :)
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Lots of beautiful images there, congratulations to all of you.
  • fmtucfmtuc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Wasn't it supposed to be ingame screenshots? How do you put a 4 digits number in a starship registry? How do you put an Intrepid in the ground?
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    By Grabthar's hammer!

Dear lord i did not expect to be picked at all.

Thank you so much to you guys that means so much!!!!
    SulMatuul.png
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Congrats to the winners :)

Enjoy it while you can, next time I'm gonna try harder and win all 20 entries with 3 posts >:)
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Does anyone else feel tempted (but too lazy) to create a poll in General Discussion to vote for the best one among these 20? :p
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Nice captured images & congratulations to the winners & thanks to all whom submitted.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    fmtuc wrote: »
    Wasn't it supposed to be ingame screenshots? How do you put a 4 digits number in a starship registry? How do you put an Intrepid in the ground?

The four digit registry was originally available to TOS era Starfleet characters since AOY, it's been made available to all more recently. Guessing that's a Foundry map with the landed Voyager shot.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    irm1963 wrote: »

The four digit registry was originally available to TOS era Starfleet characters since AOY, it's been made available to all more recently. Guessing that's a Foundry map with the landed Voyager shot.
    Was about to say that's most likely from a foundry.

Congratz to the winners even if I saw the shots yesterday on Tribble.
    Also, is that Kurland near Quinn? I remember seeing a dev going around DS9 with him, but I didn't know he went on ESD too. I hope he turned off the zone chat to stay sane. XD
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • cedmon91cedmon91 Member Posts: 44 Arc User

I used The Foundry. ;)
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    Also, is that Kurland near Quinn? I remember seeing a dev going around DS9 with him, but I didn't know he went on ESD too. I hope he turned off the zone chat to stay sane. XD

Not the dev. Demo record is a good tool. Guy in the foreground is Thomasthecat's in-game character too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Four digit registry numbers are available to all fed ships now.
    SulMatuul.png
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Gratz to @lordsteve1 @sirboulevard @cedmon91 @kurumimorishita and all the other winners of this contest and a reminder that i'm going to win next time (to keep the contest spirit high)
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Congrats to all the winners! Fantastic job!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    that link gives me anti-virus alert, though if I go thru the news page I get thru without any issues.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Thanks for the grats guys & congrats to all the other winners - fantastic entries!!! <3:) Also many thanks again to @ambassadorkael#6946 & the whole STO team for making this contest possible - I always thought, that some more loading screens would be nice!!! *^_^* \\//, LLAP!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Loving these screenshots. Congrats to the winners! :)
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone for all of the submissions. I'm really glad we were able to revive this little contest. Major props to Ambassador Kael for helping to make that happen.

The judging meeting led to some pretty fierce debate, but I think we were all quite pleased with those who won.

A reminder that there were some other FANTASTIC shots, that didn't win, just because they were too small, or the person submitted more than 3 shots. We made sure to follow our rules and disqualify those, even if we didn't want to. So next time, make sure to read and follow the rules!

Thanks, all!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Somehow I knew mine wouldn't win. :(

ozWiRHp.jpg
  • hotaru#3651 hotaru Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Some severely cool screenshots here. I wonder if there's any possibility of doing this sort of thing more often than once every few years, given how much interest there was in this one? I believe they tried a monthly contest a year or so ago, but it was buried in the depths of the forum somewhere and hardly got any attention, whereas this one was advertised in the game launcher and got 2000 entries. I'd certainly be interested.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Would like to know what criteria judging was based on.

Also, is it normal for someone to win twice? Seems like there were a lot of entries overall.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Congrats to the winners!

Real nice shots showcasing the spectacular art and adventures that can be found in Star Trek Online.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    cedmon91 wrote: »
    I'm so happy and surprised to see my Intrepid starship screenshot, this really made my day!!! :)

Congrats! Saw it on my loading screen earlier today! Looks great!
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User

Both are possible. The Intrepid on the ground is a Groundscale ship used in Foundry Mission creations by the author.
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Gratz. makes me wish the TOS gorn was not bugged tho.