test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Line Dancing

Why does (nearly) everyone face in the same direction at the Risa dance event? It looks a bit ridiculous!

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Heh, yeah, it looks a tad bit militaristic pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Because everyone is facing the dance instructor. They're basically RP'ing a dance class.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Because most people come in from the direction of the resort teleport, which naturally leaves them facing the same way unless they manually turn their toons to face somewhere else (for which there is no gameplay reason).
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Because most people come in from the direction of the resort teleport, which naturally leaves them facing the same way unless they manually turn their toons to face somewhere else (for which there is no gameplay reason).

A lot of people do just that. Turn around, I mean. I'm genuinely curious as to why.
    patrickngo wrote: »
    just makes me think we need a 'dancing on the bar' contest, possibly set up in the Promenade map, with distributed nodes...

and drinking contests.

and maybe a barfight zone, where all your weapons are disabled except for risa/social-zone only items like bottles, chairs, etc...

That's a whole different subject.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Because everyone is facing the dance instructor. They're basically RP'ing a dance class.

not me when i actually do it its wherevr th hell i land sometime i fac the insttructor sometime i face the harbor one time...well i wont tell you where i wound up facing that one time but i make sure never to face that way again lol
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    I hear no complaints when I stand up RIGHT in front of everyone else and sake mah sexy scaly booty 'n' tail!

Then again, when I turn around when the dancing it over, everyone's gone. * dramatic music *

* puts on Deerstalker hat and gently blows on a bubble pipe * Truly a mystery, wrapped in a enigma, contained in a soft coating that won't melt in your paw...........Iconian's I tells ya!

That or...........I'm just to awesome that no one can handle meh!

We'll never know.......

or it might have something to do with the fact that you don't wear pants and scare everyone away​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    just makes me think we need a 'dancing on the bar' contest, possibly set up in the Promenade map, with distributed nodes...

and drinking contests.

and maybe a barfight zone, where all your weapons are disabled except for risa/social-zone only items like bottles, chairs, etc...

What would the feds do then ? Drinking, bardancing, and hand-to-hand combat is a very Klingon activity.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Why does (nearly) everyone face in the same direction at the Risa dance event? It looks a bit ridiculous!

same reason why people face the closest door to an elevator...

giphy.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

and drinking contests.

What would the feds do then ? Drinking, bardancing, and hand-to-hand combat is a very Klingon activity.

early tng and sto feds, probably not. the rest... I wouldn't be surpised if they started it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User

and drinking contests.

This would be a perfect addition to Nimbus.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I would love to see a water fight like in the summer event on Neverwinter. Prizes awarded based on number of players you knock down. Locate it in one of the bay areas on the map and your golden.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Because it would be weird to stare another in the face? I dance on the pillars anyway.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Actually, there is a very logical reason this happens. Some people play with their emotes "channel" still enabled, and their volume turned low. When this happens, it is possible to miss what the dance instructor says to do, and not all the emotes showing will be the correct ones (yes I've seen man people just dancing whatever to dance whatever and not caring about the dances called). When all these things are happening, the only really reliable way to know for sure which dance was called is to look at the dance instructor and see what they are doing.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Well, there is that message box that pops in when a different dance is called.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I confess, I love the dance party. Some people are so much better at using the Tailor than I am...
  • Options
    lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Really? I always go nose to nose with the pole because I don't want to see other players polluting my screen. Between the dreadful voiceover and the notification on the right it's pretty obvious which dance is required. The sole point of confusion is when you're told 'Just Dance'. I think that's a requirement for Dance_Mix with other dances not triggering the count but I'm not positive.
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Actually, there is a very logical reason this happens. Some people play with their emotes "channel" still enabled, and their volume turned low. When this happens, it is possible to miss what the dance instructor says to do, and not all the emotes showing will be the correct ones (yes I've seen man people just dancing whatever to dance whatever and not caring about the dances called). When all these things are happening, the only really reliable way to know for sure which dance was called is to look at the dance instructor and see what they are doing.​​

• Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    Really? I always go nose to nose with the pole because I don't want to see other players polluting my screen.

An interesting opinion for someone who plays an MMO, a game which is designed for a multiplayer experience...